Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2022, 14:25   #3526
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Yes i felt the same about the wind buffeting. Earlier i was struggling with anything above 100, but now can do 100-120kmph comfortably. Its also built really well, no vibes or rattles. For the price its really amazing, i also prebooked it and paid 2199+250 shipping. If anyone wants help with the installation, can check below video i made.

https://Youtu.be/8SbUkqpvOUU
The bracket need to be reversed. The one on left should be put on the right. It will make the clearance and installation easier. Also, will give more support to the upper part of the windscreen.
kunwar.g is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 11:05   #3527
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunwar.g View Post
The bracket need to be reversed. The one on left should be put on the right. It will make the clearance and installation easier. Also, will give more support to the upper part of the windscreen.
I tried it both ways, it seemed less intrusive and more compact. There is no vibes or anything with the current setup. The metal support pipes are close to the speedometer assembly, i thought it might vibrate and rattle but its rock solid, no vibes at all.

I am planning to cut off the metal support rod ends.
Rahulkool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 04:38   #3528
Senior - BHPian

Gents - anyone install shorty levers on their Gt / Interceptor? If yes, leads would be most appreciated
Old 7th May 2022, 20:54   #3529

Hey everybody, this post is regarding my 2020 Interceptor 650 Baker Express.
Bought originally for my father on his birthday, it has seen less than 2100 kilometers on the road due to the prevailing road conditions of my small city (read bad roads and horribly congested traffic).

This bike, although intended for my father, has primarily been ridden by me and is in almost perfect condition. While this arrangement could've gone on forever, reality has kicked me in the form of my college opening in offline mode in June. With nobody to ride such a beautiful machine(father doesn't have time owing to his schedule), I've decided to sell the bike before I go off to college (can't take it to college because of a strict no-vehicle policy).

I fear that Varanasi, being a small city, will not have many takers for such a bike and hence I'm here for advice from the best. How do you guys think I should proceed so that the bike is most definitely sold off by June?
Alpha8118 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 08:56   #3530
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8118 View Post
Bought originally for my father on his birthday, it has seen less than 2100 kilometers on the road due to the prevailing road conditions of my small city (read bad roads and horribly congested traffic).

This bike, although intended for my father, has primarily been ridden by me and is in almost perfect condition. While this arrangement could've gone on forever, reality has kicked me in the form of my college opening in offline mode in June. With nobody to ride such a beautiful machine(father doesn't have time owing to his schedule), I've decided to sell the bike before I go off to college (can't take it to college because of a strict no-vehicle policy).

I fear that Varanasi, being a small city, will not have many takers for such a bike and hence I'm here for advice from the best. How do you guys think I should proceed so that the bike is most definitely sold off by June?
I live in Hyderabad and certainly would have considered this for a buy if not for the distance between our cities.

Regards
Bharath
bharath79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 10:53   #3531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8118 View Post

Sad to see that you need to let the bike go.

I would advise to post it on FB Superbikes Classifieds pages. I usually get good response from those portals when I want to sell any motorcycle. I have sold 2 of my middle weight sportsbikes there. You will get the occasional bad/idiotic offers but its a good way to sell if you are in a hurry and price it reasonably.
Also try OLX. I sold my Dominar in 2 days through that platform. With OLX I feel you can offload the bike quicker since usually someone from the same city will come and offer to buy it.
Vikram8891 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 09:42   #3532
naj
BANNED

Hello,

I have come across these (Link below) Clip-on risers for the GT 650 from Zana. Please guide if any FMs have used it and is it a good add-on. Also guide if there are any other options available.

https://www.zanamotorcycles.com/prod...tinental-gt650

Thanks,
Naj
naj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 11:47   #3533
BHPian

Folks who have used slip-on exhausts on their Interceptor 650! How are you'll managing to clear routine pollution checks? Do the slip-ons clear PUC as is or do you fall back to the stock exhaust cans for the duration of the check ?
ashenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 11:58   #3534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashenoy View Post
Folks who have used slip-on exhausts on their Interceptor 650! How are you'll managing to clear routine pollution checks? Do the slip-ons clear PUC as is or do you fall back to the stock exhaust cans for the duration of the check ?
Shouldn't be a problem. Mine cleared PUC test with the Powerage slipons.
man_of_steel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 17:08   #3535

Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 Throttle/RPM Issue

Hello.

I own an Interceptor 650, 2019 model. Done about 13k Kms. When I try to go past 3.5k RPM, the engine feels very stressed out. You can feel the bike stressing to go beyond it.

I've had this issue since the time I purchased the bike. I initially though it was because the bike is new and hasn't completed the run-in period. Even after I've set the valves, the problem persists. There seems be no spark plug issue. No misfires. No starting problems/stalling.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Cheers!

Last edited by Axe77 : 17th May 2022 at 12:16. Reason: Multiple edits to fix grammar, abbreviations, language and correct capitalizing as appropriate.
Dr.Iyer is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd May 2022, 01:20   #3536
Senior - BHPian

A friend modified his Interceptor into one of the simplest yet prettiest scramblers ever!! I wasn't able to ride it though (you'll see why in the video LOL , but should get my hands on it this Saturday

Urban_Nomad is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 11:55   #3537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
A friend modified his Interceptor into one of the simplest yet prettiest scramblers ever!! I wasn't able to ride it though (you'll see why in the video LOL , but should get my hands on it this Saturday

https://Youtu.be/2plshF6HdBs
I am really interested on how he opened up the bike to 8k RPMs, with the 17s(Speedo Error) and a full system exhaust I feel like my GT has more to give up top but I hit the limiter.
CarManMotorcycl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 21:14   #3538
naj
BANNED

Re: Continental GT 4 Months Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
I understand your pain as I have the same bike and in the same city, fortunately my company has bus service so I don't have to ride the Gt everyday. It has been approx 3 years since I got the bike and I still get neck palm and back pain if I ride in traffic for long. For me this bike isn't meant at all for traffic and commuting in rush hours.

This is meant for riding on empty roads, with less traffic, where braking is minimal, Sunday breakfast rides are the prime example. I wanted a big just like you, I had never ridden a bike more than 220cc, so one look and a test drive was love at first sight . Unfortunately it is my only vehicle so I have to use it whenever needed, but it's not a comfortable bike. Like others have suggested TVS Ntorq or Yamaha Aerox would be fun and comfortable for commuting everyday, or maybe an EV!

Regarding the hard clutch, Google "easy clutch" , you will find about it on Youtube, websites and on Tbhp as well, it is the best 2500rs I ever spent, it reduces the clutch effort and you won't find it hard after installation.

But whenever I find an empty straight, I just give a little twist to the throttle and I forget everything about the pain, and realise why I bought the Gt in the first place. But I wouldn't take the bike to the office everyday.
Hello Yesyeswe,

Thanks for suggesting the easy clutch. I ordered it from Prospec a few weeks back. The prices have increased to Rs 3200 but they were kind to offer some discount.
A friend suggested me to install it at Sherry Bathena's bike garage on East Street. The Easy Clutch is surely a saving grace. One problem solved.
I am also looking at installing the Zana Clip-on risers to ease off strain on palms. But they seem to be out of stock with every one including Zana themselves. Zana said they will make it no more due to less demand.
Thanks once again.
Naj

Last edited by naj : 26th May 2022 at 21:19.
Old 26th May 2022, 22:54   #3539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naj View Post
I am also looking at installing the Zana Clip-on risers to ease off strain on palms. But they seem to be out of stock with every one including Zana themselves. Zana said they will make it no more due to less demand.
Hey Naj, glad to read one issue is taken care of. Check out this site, call them and confirm, Zana risers seem to be available with them. Hope you manage to get them.

https://ridersjunction.com/product/g...-zana-zi-7051/

Cheers

Edit: Sorry, “sold” is mentioned in small lettering which I just noticed. Call them anyways, no harm done.

Last edited by Cyborg : 26th May 2022 at 22:59.
Old 27th May 2022, 17:51   #3540
naj
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Hey Naj, glad to read one issue is taken care of. Check out this site, call them and confirm, Zana risers seem to be available with them. Hope you manage to get them.

https://ridersjunction.com/product/g...-zana-zi-7051/

Cheers

Edit: Sorry, “sold” is mentioned in small lettering which I just noticed. Call them anyways, no harm done.

Hello Cyborg,

I have found the risers available at https://www.dugdugmotorcycles.com/
Have ordered same. Not sure of the quality, make or the genuineness of the vendor. But could speak to them about the order.There are quite a few interesting products on their website like instrument pod screen guard and rain protection caps for the pods etc.

Thanks,
Naj.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks