Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2021, 22:19   #2566
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Just noticed an issue while riding on the expressway. It seems the front shock absorber ( left side ) has leaked as the rubber covering I had got is oily while the right hand side is not.

The Bike has not been through a rough pothole or any sudden shocks so any reason why this has happened on a 3000 km ridden almost new gt650

Any suggestions ? Hope it it covered under warranty. Any inputs are welcome from the experts here. Thanks in advance
This is likely to be a busted fork oil seal. This shouldnt be happening with such a limited number of kilometers covered on your bike. Just take it to the service center and ask them to replace it under warranty. Also since some fork oil has leaked, ensure that they drain the fork oil and replace it with the correct quantity.

Last edited by neil.jericho : 7th February 2021 at 22:21.
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 10:54   #2567
BHPian

Hi TeamBHP!

There are a few updates I'd like to share with you. I finally managed to track down a helmet I liked from Autoqueen, Cochin.

It's a Bell Qualifier and I'm very happy with it.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-20210201_142406-1.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-20210201_154408.jpg

It looks quite big from the outside but fits snugly. Surprisingly, in spite of being cold, the fogging is minimal even without a pin lock visor.

I also got my second service done at Bharat Royal Enfield, Coimbatore. Their customer service is excellent and they actually care for your machine. Instead of just asking me for my concerns, they check out the bike themselves for issues and accordingly advise you.

The service cost me ₹1200, and this included the replacement of the clutch cable and clutch lever.

The issue with the clutch slipping and the fuel sensor have been solved and the bike feels smoother overall. Apparently, the T-Stump is slightly bent. I was told if I'm comfortable I can continue riding but I have ordered for a new one and will get it changed at the earliest.

I was also asked to lube the chain every 15 days. If you could please suggest a lube and cleaner to me I would be grateful. Also each time I lube the chain should I strip it off the old lube?

Thanks!

Last edited by adwaith : 10th February 2021 at 10:57.
adwaith is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 12:06   #2568
BHPian

Hello Team BHP,

At last booked a Black Magic yesterday via MIY app. Until lockdown had finalised Dominar 400, but wifey didn’t like it and after riding many options went for this beauty. Would be little hard to change riding style from classic 350, but I think I’ll be able to manage that.
While booking the app displayed transaction failed, but RE sales person says will check and revert. The booking date is 9 April.. Excitement at full. As per fellow bhpians experience of booking via app, hoping my bike’s delivery may also get sooner.
I have booked following accessories with the booking:
1. Large engine guard.
2. Aluminium sump guard.
3. Tall Flyscreen.
Didn’t book bar end mirrors as RE one’s are expensive- Any suggestions for other options are welcome. Preferring downward mirrors.
Also, yet to finalize a helmet and gloves. Thinking buying both from RE itself.
BlackMamba24 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 15:26   #2569
BHPian

I am in the midst of replacing the headlight for my interceptor with a 7 inch LED unit from a local company (here in Oz). I have the following doubts about the job:

1. The Lucas clips holding the reflector - I removed them to reuse the chrome ring around the headlight and to remove the reflector. Do I now need to put them back to hold the LED unit to the ring? I have a feeling that I need to do it but wanted to know for sure.

I couldnt do the fastening because I don't have one of those 90 degree bent needle nose pliers. I tried to fasten the clip with normal pliers but its an impossible task (for me).

2. After I put the headlight unit in the cowling and put the chrome ring around it, when I inserted the screw at the top of the cowling, there was no purchase for it (the screw is probably not 'reaching' the body of the LED unit). How do I now get a single longer screw that fits in the screw hole?

Thanks!
Old 10th February 2021, 15:54   #2570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaith View Post
It's a Bell Qualifier and I'm very happy with it.
Hi Adwaith!

Congratulations on the Interceptor & the helmet. I'm looking to replace my 2 year old MT Thunder 3 SV with the Bell.

How's the wind noise situation at triple digit speeds for the Qualifier? As in are there any whistling/howling sounds at speed?

@Mods: Sorry for the Off topic post
Shumi_21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 23:02   #2571
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There are a few updates I'd like to share with you. I finally managed to track down a helmet I liked from Autoqueen, Cochin.
Congratulations on your new helmet. Do share a review of this over on the Helmets thread once you get to do some riding with it. Did you come down to Cochin to get it? Or did you ask Autoqueen to send it to you?

Quote:
I was also asked to lube the chain every 15 days. If you could please suggest a lube and cleaner to me I would be grateful. Also each time I lube the chain should I strip it off the old lube?
I would rather go by distance instead of time. 500 kms is the usual norm for Indian riders. Maybe a bit shorter if its the monsoon and there is a lot more dirt thrown onto the chain. And yes, clean always and then lube.

For a chain cleaner, go with the 3M cleaner over the Motul one. The 3M product dislodges a lot more dirt than the Motul cleaner. For the lube, do check KarthikK's Interceptor thread, there was a useful discussion going on there recently. I will suggest you go for something that is a dry-ish lube that you can apply on the chain that doesnt fling itself on the rear wheel. Motul's chain lube will fling itself and dirty your wheel for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMamba24 View Post
Didn’t book bar end mirrors as RE one’s are expensive- Any suggestions for other options are welcome. Preferring downward mirrors.
I have used after market bar end mirrors and to be honest, my suggestion is dont go for them. They will get fiddly over time and you will barely be able to see anything once they start getting buzzy. You will end up looking over your shoulder which is exactly what you should not be doing while riding. I was glad to go back to the OEM mirrors on my Continental GT 535.

Also, the after market ones that are sloped downward will give you minimal to zero visibility in the real world.

If you have to get bar end mirrors, pay the full amount and get the OEM ones. They are much better built than what you get in the aftermarket and will give you a great field of view as well.
neil.jericho is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 11:27   #2572
BHPian

Quote:
As per fellow bhpians experience of booking via app, hoping my bike’s delivery may also get sooner.
I have booked following accessories with the booking:
1. Large engine guard.
2. Aluminium sump guard.
3. Tall Flyscreen.
Congratulations! I took delivery of my GT650 Ice Queen just two days ago and had booked it through the MiY. The showroom said they are currently out of stock with the sump guard and it may take more than 15 days to arrive.

I had opted for the RE bar end mirrors and I'm very satisfied with them in my limited running. I had checked out a lot of videos and options for bar-end mirrors and it appears all aftermarket ones would leave a small gap between the mirror and the handle bar end finisher. You'd have to source a spacer from somewhere to remedy this. I didn't want to go through this and the quality of the RE mirrors do feel premium. Hope this helps.
silentstorm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 11:42   #2573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I have used after market bar end mirrors and to be honest, my suggestion is dont go for them. They will get fiddly over time and you will barely be able to see anything once they start getting buzzy. You will end up looking over your shoulder which is exactly what you should not be doing while riding. I was glad to go back to the OEM mirrors on my Continental GT 535.

Also, the after market ones that are sloped downward will give you minimal to zero visibility in the real world.

If you have to get bar end mirrors, pay the full amount and get the OEM ones. They are much better built than what you get in the aftermarket and will give you a great field of view as well.
Thanks @neil.jericho for your input. I’ll definitely go for OEM one’s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstorm View Post
Congratulations! I took delivery of my GT650 Ice Queen just two days ago and had booked it through the MiY. The showroom said they are currently out of stock with the sump guard and it may take more than 15 days to arrive.

I had opted for the RE bar end mirrors and I'm very satisfied with them in my limited running. I had checked out a lot of videos and options for bar-end mirrors and it appears all aftermarket ones would leave a small gap between the mirror and the handle bar end finisher. You'd have to source a spacer from somewhere to remedy this. I didn't want to go through this and the quality of the RE mirrors do feel premium. Hope this helps.
Congratulations! @silentstorm. Hoping I’ll to get the delivery sooner.
BlackMamba24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 19:43   #2574
BHPian

Quote:
For a chain cleaner, go with the 3M cleaner over the Motul one. The 3M product dislodges a lot more dirt than the Motul cleaner.
Paraffin is also great and a lot cheaper -- if you can get it. It used to be widely available but now only from ration shops in my part of India.
catkins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 19:27   #2575
BHPian

Just received information from the showroom today that my booking is not confirmed and neither me nor showroom has received any info on the booking. Just wrote a mail today to Royal Enfield CC and even dropped a message on Instagram. I can just hope that little magic happens and I received Black Magic as soon as possible.
Old 13th February 2021, 23:28   #2576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumi_21 View Post
Hi Adwaith!

Congratulations on the Interceptor & the helmet. I'm looking to replace my 2 year old MT Thunder 3 SV with the Bell.

How's the wind noise situation at triple digit speeds for the Qualifier? As in are there any whistling/howling sounds at speed?

@Mods: Sorry for the Off topic post
Quote:
Congratulations on your new helmet. Do share a review of this over on the Helmets thread once you get to do some riding with it. Did you come down to Cochin to get it? Or did you ask Autoqueen to send it to you?
Thank you so much!

After about 80kmph you get wind noise and a bit of whistling. If the vents are open the whistling noise is more prominent. At triple digit speeds the wind-blast from the bike doesn't do the helmet any favours. The wind noise is very high. The absence of a chin curtain is strongly felt.

But otherwise, in terms of fit, fogging, field of view etc., it is very satisfactory. The shape of the shell especially suits the bike and the safety standards are pretty good too. I was earlier considering a Bilmola but somehow it did not suit the aesthetics of the bike.

At ₹9,500 it only provides the bare minimum. There are some other brands offering pinlock ready visors, double visors, chin curtains, a breather etc.

A close family friend has used Autoqueen's service before and that's how I came to know of them. I had him ship it down to me. He's seems to have a few customers here.

Quote:
I would rather go by distance instead of time. 500 kms is the usual norm for Indian riders. Maybe a bit shorter if its the monsoon and there is a lot more dirt thrown onto the chain. And yes, clean always and then lube.
Thanks a lot! I'll keep that in mind. I'll order them at the earliest then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkins View Post
Paraffin is also great and a lot cheaper -- if you can get it. It used to be widely available but now only from ration shops in my part of India.
Thank you. This makes sense cost wise but is paraffin as effective as the other cleaners?
adwaith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 04:16   #2577
BHPian

Quote:
Just received information from the showroom today that my booking is not confirmed and neither me nor showroom has received any info on the booking. Just wrote a mail today to Royal Enfield CC and even dropped a message on Instagram. I can just hope that little magic happens and I received Black Magic as soon as possible.
That's disappointing. When I made the booking through MiY, just after making the payment I encountered an application error. The booking was confirmed however after a few hours. Did you add the touring seat to your configuration while booking?
silentstorm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 07:46   #2578
BHPian

Quote:
That's disappointing. When I made the booking through MiY, just after making the payment I encountered an application error. The booking was confirmed however after a few hours. Did you add the touring seat to your configuration while booking?
No, I did not add the touring seat. Also, the seat looked exact same why add. Any difference in the GT seats?
Old 14th February 2021, 17:37   #2579
BHPian

Quote:
No, I did not add the touring seat. Also, the seat looked exact same why add. Any difference in the GT seats?
Ah. That must be it. It is mandatory to add a touring seat in your configuration if you're ordering via MiY app. It is annoying because it's not explicitly mentioned anywhere. The showroom salesperson told me this when I went for a test drive so I added it. If you read some of the old posts in this thread you'll find one more fellow bhp-ian has been waiting for three months after booking from the MiY app without the touring seats.

As far as the difference goes, the touring seat might look the same but the construction is different.
silentstorm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 19:11   #2580
BHPian

Quote:
Ah. That must be it. It is mandatory to add a touring seat in your configuration if you're ordering via MiY app. It is annoying because it's not explicitly mentioned anywhere. The showroom salesperson told me this when I went for a test drive so I added it. If you read some of the old posts in this thread you'll find one more fellow bhp-ian has been waiting for three months after booking from the MiY app without the touring seats.

As far as the difference goes, the touring seat might look the same but the construction is different.
Thanks! I remember reading it. So what should I do now as booking is not confirmed, so I am not sure how to cancel it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks