Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2018, 15:41   #241
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

I read elsewhere that RE is not looking to launch/sell the S&S exhausts for the twins here in India! Is this confirmed? What could be the reason for this?
Old 30th December 2018, 23:41   #242
Senior - BHPian

I couldn't help but notice that you loved the design of the exhausts Crazy Driver. To me they were the ugliest part of an otherwise perfectly styled bike. I think dual short bottle exhausts would have looked better. Though I had made up my mind not to buy anymore bikes, I'm now tempted. I did consider pre-owned Triumphs but didn't find the right one at the right price. Now with the killer pricing, the Interceptor looks like a really good buy.
pedrolourenco is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 01:55   #243
Senior - BHPian

Took another couple of test rides - both me and the wife, and booked today! The only anxiety is about any major issues in the early batches, and the FE - one video review claimed 15-18 though everything else I read said 22-28 is more likely. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by zenx : 1st January 2019 at 01:56.
zenx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 11:39   #244
BHPian

@Owners : There is a soft recall for exhaust joint rust treatment. Please contact your dealer or they might be reaching out to you soon. Good that they are doing this so early, but it does raise some of the quality concerns people are having with Royal Enfield.
-Pramod
pramods is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 11:48   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
@Owners : There is a soft recall for exhaust joint rust treatment. Please contact your dealer or they might be reaching out to you soon. Good that they are doing this so early, but it does raise some of the quality concerns people are having with Royal Enfield.
-Pramod
Yeah the showroom guys mentioned it when I went for the test rides. I'm hoping this is not the start of major issues. Have a couple of months during which I decide to take delivery or cancel the booking.
Old 1st January 2019, 11:56   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Took another couple of test rides - both me and the wife, and booked today! The only anxiety is about any major issues in the early batches, and the FE - one video review claimed 15-18 though everything else I read said 22-28 is more likely. Fingers crossed.
Soon to be seen regularly on the Chettimani - Bangalore stretch, eh?

Congratulations, Shiso!
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 12:15   #247
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
I couldn't help but notice that you loved the design of the exhausts Crazy Driver. To me they were the ugliest part of an otherwise perfectly styled bike. I think dual short bottle exhausts would have looked better. Though I had made up my mind not to buy anymore bikes, I'm now tempted. I did consider pre-owned Triumphs but didn't find the right one at the right price. Now with the killer pricing, the Interceptor looks like a really good buy.
I do, the dual exhausts give it a nice character IMO. Perhaps this stems from my liking for the RDs and Yezdis from my childhood which were all dream machines before i was old enough to ride - and got too expensive and niche when i was old enough to.

But i would have liked the exhausts to be closer to the body of the bike, and also equidistant from the center.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 13:08   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Soon to be seen regularly on the Chettimani - Bangalore stretch, eh?

Congratulations, Shiso!
Thanks! Yes totally intended for the Coorg-Chikmagalur-Bangalore runs

But all this is subject to parts not starting to fall off as the early owners start to ride this. Kidding, of course - I expect this bike to do a lot better, and their 3 year warranty helps.
Old 1st January 2019, 13:17   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But all this is subject to parts not starting to fall off as the early owners start to ride this.
That will help with sales. You know what they say about Jeeps here - people buy Jeeps to drive in the desert, because you always find spare parts lying around.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 13:34   #250
Senior - BHPian

I have liked the seat height/tank which the GT offers, and the handlebar of the Interceptor . Facing a tough dilemma. The ever friendly showroom guys are seeing how to help me out here!
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_5252.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 19:59   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I do, the dual exhausts give it a nice character IMO. Perhaps this stems from my liking for the RDs
The RD's exhausts are very nicely bodyhugging. The RE's stick out like two sore thumbs.

I'm not comfortable with any vehicle/ bike which increases in width behind the driver/ rider.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 15:07   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
-Pramod
Had raised this with RE. Spoke to some Mr. Anand from Chennai. They have assured there's no such issue, or recall. They're indeed taking this bike very very seriously!
Old 2nd January 2019, 16:13   #253
BHPian

Quote:
... They have assured there's no such issue, or recall. They're indeed taking this bike very very seriously!
Not sure what they are saying about, my GT 650 got this done at service yesterday, they did do it very seriously though! Lets wait for other owners feedback and experience.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 20:47   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure what they are saying about, my GT 650 got this done at service yesterday, they did do it very seriously though! Lets wait for other owners feedback and experience.

-Pramod
Did they mention if this is a one off or a larger issue across bikes? How're they're making sure the replacements are better quality? One is seeing a LOT of backing from the company for this bike, but there's still a little nervousness about what might bomb
Old 2nd January 2019, 22:06   #255
Senior - BHPian

I cannot understand why Royal Enfield would give a free helmet with every bike, but not give the buyers the choice to choose the helmet they want (at an additional cost, of course)
The dealership sales executive says it comes billed from the factory and there is absolutely nothing that they can do about it. What is the use of gifting me something that I wouldn't even use
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks