Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2021, 17:42   #2521
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Hey All. I recently took a test drive of the GT 650 in Bangalore and was thoroughly impressed. Have my sights set on it ever since. While discussing with the sales rep he gave me options to book it via the showroom or the Made-to-order option through the RE official website. He said although the bike would arrive sooner if booked through the website, the booking amount is non-refundable in case I changed my mind. He went on with a couple of more points and his overall tone conveyed that he wanted the booking to go through the showroom.

Has anyone booked through the 'Make-it-Yourself' option from the RE website? I'm inclined towards it given the transparency and a small feeling of excitement that I'm buying something that was made by name for me straight from the factory.

Side Note: I want the Dual seat cowl and noticed that it's NOT available as an accessory on the website. The option for adding the cowl is available only while configuring the motorcycle itself. I don't want the showroom guys to bungle up and miss this out during the booking only to realise later that I cannot purchase it separately. Any thoughts on this?
silentstorm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 19:18   #2522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstorm View Post
Has anyone booked through the 'Make-it-Yourself' option from the RE website? I'm inclined towards it given the transparency and a small feeling of excitement that I'm buying something that was made by name for me straight from the factory.
There are a few instances of users here who have bought the bike via the MIY App. The seem happy in my estimation. If you scroll a few pages back, you can see what they've written.
adwaith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 19:24   #2523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaith View Post
There are a few instances of users here who have bought the bike via the MIY App. The seem happy in my estimation. If you scroll a few pages back, you can see what they've written.
Thank you. Will do. I tried searching the forums and read a few pages of this thread before posting my query. Guess I'll just prepare to peruse 150+ pages tonight.
silentstorm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 21:02   #2524
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Will do. I tried searching the forums and read a few pages of this thread before posting my query. Guess I'll just prepare to peruse 150+ pages tonight.
I bought it through MIY a month ago. I also opted for a few accessories like touring seat , mirrors , crash guard etc. It was a pleasant experience and I got the bike in 2 weeks.
bangaloreguy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 23:31   #2525
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks again!

Here's a pic of hers from yesterday.

Attachment 2109970
Nice to hear your ride is back to her glory.
But OT I must admit you are one lucky chap to enjoy such a beautiful surrounding with such a lovely machine to enjoy the twisties. Have fun, ride safe.
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 23:36   #2526
BHPian

Quote:
bike would arrive sooner if booked through the website, the booking amount is non-refundable in case I changed my mind.
This stands to be true based on observations from many BHPians who booked and got their bikes using the RE app. But also note that you may get your bike delivered sooner through dealership booking too if in case the person in queue before you cancel their order.

Quote:
I'm inclined towards it given the transparency and a small feeling of excitement that I'm buying something that was made by name for me straight from the factory.
Again TRUE

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 20th January 2021 at 14:27. Reason: Please spell words completely, avoid using SMS slang. Thanks.
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 02:21   #2527
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
It was way back in April 2015 .

Off the topic cute doggy, but yes these bikes apart from the weight is a nice throw back.

A second coming of the RD 350 for those who came in late.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th January 2021 at 04:42. Reason: Quote tag fixed
Manan9876 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 10:53   #2528

Quote:

Hi Silentstorm,

I recently got my Mark three delivered on 7th Jan, which was booked through MiY. It is true that bikes booked through app are delivered faster, but it is with one catch. You need to compulsory add touring seat in your accessories and the booking will be converted to non-refundable.

I had initially booked through showroom (which is refundable) although the sales had given the idea that it might take more than 45 days to deliver. As per many BHPians; I also wanted to custom make the seat through some of the local shops. Booking was done on 16th Nov and there was no change of status till 16th Dec, with sales mentioning that the next lot will be delivering only by 15th Jan due to year end shutdown at RE Plant. I ran out of patience and cancelled the showroom booking

I booked through app on 16th Dec and bike was in Pune on 31st Dec. The bike was delivered after RTO registration only and due to new year vacations took a week to get the hands on my Bike.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20210107wa00142.jpg

My "Pinaka" just outside the showroom on day of delivery (it was drizzling on that evening)
Neo7 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 16:22   #2529
BHPian

So, this morning after watching the DIY videos on the RE channel, I decided try some of them on my bike. I adjusted the clutch play, checked oil levels and then finally moved on to check the spark plugs out.

I removed them, cleaned them, checked if they were sparking - all just like the videos said. But while putting them back, I tightened the right spark plug a little too hard and it broke. The threads were stuck in the engine while the rest came out.

With the help of YouTube and the biggest allen key thay came with the bike, I managed to get the bit that was stuck in out. It actually came out really easily and it wasn't as big a disaster as I anticipated.

I went out looking for the same spark plug but none of the stores here seem to have any stock from Bosch. I settled for an NGK plug which was about ₹90 (Oddly the MRP was ₹104).

I tested it out and it worked and them went on to install it. Things seems fine and she's running well.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-signal20210119161647_002.jpeg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-signal20210119161647_001.jpeg

Should I be using the same plug for both cylinders? It would also be great if you could tell me if I should order some plugs online.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
Nice to hear your ride is back to her glory.
But OT I must admit you are one lucky chap to enjoy such a beautiful surrounding with such a lovely machine to enjoy the twisties. Have fun, ride safe.
Thank you! You should visit when you can. Riding her here is a lot of fun. I'd love to show you around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo7 View Post

Attachment 2110455

My "Pinaka" just outside the showroom on day of delivery (it was drizzling on that evening)
She looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by adwaith : 19th January 2021 at 16:25.
adwaith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 16:43   #2530
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Silentstorm,

I recently got my Mark three delivered on 7th Jan, which was booked through MiY. It is true that bikes booked through app are delivered faster, but it is with one catch. You need to compulsory add touring seat in your accessories and the booking will be converted to non-refundable.

I booked through app on 16th Dec and bike was in Pune on 31st Dec. The bike was delivered after RTO registration only and due to new year vacations took a week to get the hands on my Bike.

Thanks for sharing Neo7! I was planning to get the touring seat too so that sounds okay. Based on your & bangaloreguy's feedback I've made up my mind about the MiY. Many thanks to both of you and adwaith & ManneAtWheelz for confirming this.

The Pinaka looks beautiful in the Pune monsoon!
Old 19th January 2021, 19:06   #2531
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing Neo7! I was planning to get the touring seat too so that sounds okay. Based on your & bangaloreguy's feedback I've made up my mind about the MiY. Many thanks to both of you and adwaith & ManneAtWheelz for confirming this.

The Pinaka looks beautiful in the Pune monsoon!
Here's mine ! I have just completed about 300km so far .
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_5060.jpg  

bangaloreguy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 19:08   #2532
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Silentstorm,

Congrats on your Interceptor, wish you many miles on it! The photo you have taken seems to be outside the Wakdewadi showroom. I too bought and service my GT there, hope to meetup someday and go on a ride
CarManMotorcycl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 20:55   #2533
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Should I be using the same plug for both cylinders? It would also be great if you could tell me if I should order some plugs online.

Thanks!

Thank you! You should visit when you can. Riding her here is a lot of fun. I'd love to show you around.

She looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
NGK is a better plug than Bosch in every way. Get rid of the other one and put the ngk in. The iridium series are the best, and made in Japan. Will remember to hook up with you when in the Coonoor area.

Last edited by Red Liner : 19th January 2021 at 20:57.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 21:55   #2534
BHPian

I am using a Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and due to uncomfortable riding position for me, I had used handlebar risers on my Interceptor. After riding for sometime I found it to be more uncomfortable and while cornering, I did not get any confidence on it. I did some analysis from all the angles, found that this happened due to an extra piece of element in between handlebar mount and the handlebar which is a raiser and the bolts supplied were longer, hence the tensile force gets re-distributed unevenly. I was about to trade my bike for other comfortable vehicle, but before this I thought to try some solutions that were available and nearly accessible to me.

First I came across the RD handlebar which I found to be cheaper, not machined properly and weld joints were prominently seen. Also, did not feel sturdy too. This was rejected. Second option was bent risers, some were die cast and some were machined. Again risers cause problems, if you mechanically analyze, their force distribution and introduction of additional elements cause non-uniform distribution of tensile forces, this was rejected too. I did not like them. I had seen the AoM handlebar on few other motorcycles, looked good to me by design. It is machined well with proper groves where the handlebar mounts so that it does not slip and holes at right places for throttle & switches. Also happy to see the weld joints gel properly on the center bridge.

Finally, I drove to Art of Motorcycles and explained them this issue and asked them to install AoM handlebar. The handlebar issue got solved and I felt the comfort noticeably.

Here is a video that I have made on my findings on the handlebar with raisers and why I went for a single handlebar without risers. Now I feel, I can put more miles on my Interceptor 650. I believe this might be helpful to the biking community.

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 19th January 2021 at 22:10.
yogeshnaik is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 23:48   #2535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
NGK is a better plug than Bosch in every way. Get rid of the other one and put the ngk in. The iridium series are the best, and made in Japan.
I had read about them earlier this morning while looking for solutions to my earlier predicament here.

NGK recommends the CR7EIX for the Interceptor.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-screenshot-20210119-232459.png

But it isn't in stock anywhere. An earlier post (Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin) here said that the CR8EIX is also compatible and that is in stock, but I'm a little wary about using something that the company themselves don't recommend it.

Would it be okay to install them? I can get them delivered in a week.

Quote:
Will remember to hook up with you when in the Coonoor area.
Please do. I'm looking forward to it. If I can be of any help please let me know.
adwaith is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks