Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2018, 16:00   #16
BHPian

re: Kawasaki Ninja 300 prices to drop thanks to heavy localisation. EDIT: Launched at 2.98 lakhs

Wow! Kawasaki has been giving heartburn to its existing owners by dropping one bomb after another. I feel worse for those who bought a used one in the last 6 months at a higher price than this

Along with the existing owners, Kawasaki dropped a bomb on BMW India's office too (within just two days of the launch party!)

Last edited by theredliner : 20th July 2018 at 16:02.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 16:05   #17
Team-BHP Support

re: Kawasaki Ninja 300 prices to drop thanks to heavy localisation. EDIT: Launched at 2.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Along with the existing owners, Kawasaki dropped a bomb on BMW India's office too (within just two days of the launch party!)
2.98L against 2.99L of the G310R. Surely very cheeky indeed.

Not to mention they dropped the teaser image an hour after the BMW lauunch.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 16:05   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Does it come with a disclaimer

"Buy BMW at your own risk"

Good job kawasaki, now adjust the pricing for N400 too please.
AtheK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 16:33   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Why the Iron semi-frame around the seat? Looks like a cheap frame that we put on the sides of an Activa or any other scooter to protect the body from getting damaged in tight parking spaces.

Why in a Ninja but?
Old 20th July 2018, 16:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
Why the Iron semi-frame around the seat? Looks like a cheap frame that we put on the sides of an Activa or any other scooter to protect the body from getting damaged in tight parking spaces.

Why in a Ninja but?
In fact I am looking for this for fitting to my Ninja 300. Those who travel with pillion need more support than current under-seat grab-rails. This ugly thing will help two-up travellers and may even help with saddlebag scratching. For others, they can always remove it.

3L ex showroom for N300 with ABS is truly great pricing. I see absolutely no reason not to buy this over any other bike costing 2L+. The smoothness of twin cylinder, Kawasaki quality and amazing road presence make this irresistible.

I hope the next bike due for localization is Versys!

Last edited by ani_meher : 20th July 2018 at 16:39.
ani_meher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 16:48   #21
BHPian

God I am having goosebumps! I bought a Ninja 300 in 2014 and sold off in 2015 when I was relocating out of India! This thing is definitely worth the money! ABS, New cluster, LED headlamps = perfect bike for Indian conditions (I don't believe Indian roads are suitable for anything more than 650cc).
kanishka88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 16:52   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
...Those who travel with pillion need more support than current under-seat grab-rails. This ugly thing will help two-up travellers and may even help with saddlebag scratching....
Hehe, yes I agree with the said usages. Pillion rides will find these useful. I missed a grab handle on the R15 whenever I used to take a pillion earlier.

But I believe they could have done a better job of designing the same. Ninja is a beautiful bike for both - to ride and to look at

And this given frame doesn't do justice to it. The should have tried a bit more to make it more aesthetic.

Also from the given pictures this looks like screwed at only two places at the front. So it is likely to give issues after age. Two more screws in the middle (instead of that connector rod below the seat) connecting it to the frame or the body would have been better. This looks like what a milkman puts on his delivery bike.

But a better picture might appear once we get to see it in person
sunilch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 17:10   #23
Team-BHP Support

Re: Kawasaki Ninja 300 prices to drop thanks to heavy localisation. EDIT: Launched at 2.98 lakhs

Kawasaki Ninja 300 prices to drop thanks to heavy localisation. EDIT: Launched at 2.98 lakhs-img20180720wa0035.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishka88 View Post
LED headlamps
Does it get LED headlights? Didn't see that mentioned anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
But I believe they could have done a better job of designing the same.
Agreed, but that was there since MY2017 edition. Not a new addition.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 20th July 2018 at 17:25.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 18:08   #24
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Ninja 300 prices to drop thanks to heavy localisation. EDIT: Launched at 2.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
2.98L against 2.99L of the G310R. Surely very cheeky indeed.

Not to mention they dropped the teaser image an hour after the BMW lauunch.
And mind you, the nominal price difference looks huge when you know it's the Baby Ninja which we are talking about. An iconic name
Old 20th July 2018, 18:10   #25
BHPian

Damn! They not only slashed the price significantly, but introduced ABS too? They just landed a well deserved fatal blow to the lazy and arrogant Yamaha India's R3.

Last edited by theredliner : 20th July 2018 at 18:11.
theredliner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 18:12   #26
BHPian

I am in the process of getting a new bike after selling off my bullet. Had shortlisted the Duke 390. If we compare the riding dynamics of Ninja vs the Duke 390, for distance touring and bad roads which one fairs better? Specially with pillion. Have already dropped out the Baby GS so again the state of confusion. Ninja was always a favorite but the sporty position kept me away from it. Ofcourse a test ride will follow but wanted to hear about real world experiences.

Last edited by Dodge_Viper : 20th July 2018 at 18:13.
Old 20th July 2018, 18:52   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
I am in the process of getting a new bike after selling off my bullet. Had shortlisted the Duke 390. If we compare the riding dynamics of Ninja vs the Duke 390, for distance touring and bad roads which one fairs better? Specially with pillion. Have already dropped out the Baby GS so again the state of confusion. Ninja was always a favorite but the sporty position kept me away from it. Ofcourse a test ride will follow but wanted to hear about real world experiences.
In a similar quandary, would like to get an opinion.. It's a difficult choice as would need to ignore the forward aggressive position for the Ninja brand and the upright seating for Rev happy D390. But, I feel for your requirement, D390 would be better suited

Last edited by thumpmeister : 20th July 2018 at 18:54.
Old 20th July 2018, 19:00   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

I never could imagine that I would say ninja and value for money in the same sentence. Ninja 300 @ 3.4 lakhs otr is vfm!

It's indeed a fatal blow to the 310r and R3, and a chunk of Duke 390 and RC390 sales too.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 20th July 2018 at 19:02.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 19:17   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpmeister View Post
In a similar quandary, would like to get an opinion.. It's a difficult choice as would need to ignore the forward aggressive position for the Ninja brand and the upright seating for Rev happy D390. But, I feel for your requirement, D390 would be better suited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
To be honest a lot depends on your frame. I am 6”1 and I found ninja 300 very comfortable compared to the RC. In fact, Ninja is class apart in terms of refinement. If you are comparing it purely from spec to spec basis then I suggest have a test drive. The refinement is addictive! You should also explore used 650s. They are way better for touring sans the ABS

I used to have a 50-50 commute / tour ratio. Ninja 300’s downside were an uncomfortable seat and a useless visor for my size. Though both can be upgraded after purchase. As I said above, with the new update the ninja 300 is a no brainer for anyone who is looking for a no nonsense bike with decent street, touring and tracking capabilities
kanishka88 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 19:26   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am in the process of getting a new bike after selling off my bullet.
Buy your bullet back..
But if the requirement is for serious distance touring and bad roads, dont even touch ninja or the Duke 390. Push your budget, beg, borrow (dont steal) the extra cash and get the g310GS. That bike is purpose built for bad roads and touring. Am sure you will be happy in the long run. Unless u can wait for the 390 adv.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks