Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2020, 14:45   #616
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: KTM 390 Adventure India launch confirmed. Edit: Launched at 2.99 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Any updates on deliveries in Bangalore? I am trying to get some information regarding RTO approvals through some friends. As per dealer there was some silent protest by RTO officers due to some raids and that is causing delays. On the other hand, heard that one of the dealers is planning for delivery for 15th and folks have even gone and selected their bikes The silence and the wait is a pain after one has paid up fully!
Even the other dealer cant deliver unless the bike gets RTO approved.

How does this work? Does every RTO in Bangalore need to be approached or is there a central KA rto which does the job? If central KA, then everybody gets the bikes together.

But the warehouse visits for bike selection is confirmed. Hmm.
Old 11th February 2020, 16:12   #617
BHPian

Booked mine yesterday. Estimated delivery time for Pune is 2 weeks. Yet to get any date or confirmation from the dealer.
In an unrelated question - can i transfer the NCB from my old bike (which is now sold and I have the letter from the insurer) to my new bike?
ihrishi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 17:41   #618
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
How does this work? Does every RTO in Bangalore need to be approached or is there a central KA rto which does the job? If central KA, then everybody gets the bikes together.
As far as i know, the RTO commissioner has to approve the new model based on documents submitted and inspection and then updated in the online systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
In an unrelated question - can i transfer the NCB from my old bike (which is now sold and I have the letter from the insurer) to my new bike?
Yes as long as the ownership of old and new are same person/insured, you can add the NCB and take discount on the insurance premium.
Jaggu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 13:13   #619
BHPian

Update on 390 ADV in Bangalore. A friend has "confirmed" he is getting his 390 ADV delivered on 23-Feb. So expect the bikes to clear RTO huddle mid next week for TD and registration.
adityasiera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 13:49   #620
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
Update on 390 ADV in Bangalore. A friend has "confirmed" he is getting his 390 ADV delivered on 23-Feb. So expect the bikes to clear RTO huddle mid next week for TD and registration.
Thank, Aditya, any idea which dealer is this news from?

Personally I am losing interest and patience... to add to the injury, I have sold my 390 duke and the tiger has a leaky shock! Someone please give my bike
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 14:26   #621
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have sold my 390 duke and the tiger has a leaky shock! Someone please give my bike
Interesting, so you're now gonna be running a two ADV garage. KTM and Tiger. Please do post what you plan to use for what kind of riding and the thought process of two ADVs.

Personally, I am keen to have mid segment street bike to my Tiger if I can. Either a Striple RS / N 1000 / basic litre class like Honda 650 etc.
Old 14th February 2020, 15:11   #622
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Interesting, so you're now gonna be running a two ADV garage. KTM and Tiger. Please do post what you plan to use for what kind of riding and the thought process of two ADVs.
Good question lol. Will give you some background to how i landed up with this 2 Adventure bike garage. Rather one on paper and another at parking.

I used to ride from a very young age, having owned Enfield Mofa in school to Shogun in college and some 4-5 bikes in between. Shogun I crashed and was banned from riding for a while. But soon I landed up with a tuned RXG, which I exchanged for RD350. RD was my daily ride to office when i started work. But based on some mad plans sold the RD. Traffic was good back then in Bangalore, and I could afford driving the car daily to work, then got married and had the Swift Vdi which made me gave up riding altogether.

The itch started again when Triumph came to India, and landed up with a Street Triple for my daily (office) commute, as well as some touring over holidays. This was going good, but I always felt tired, when I used to take the Street out on longer highway runs (500+ Km days). Virtually no wind protection + short-travel suspension meant that it took a toll on my aging body. Then one long trip I got to taste a Tiger and suddenly I realized that it is actually a lovely bike that can do the same duty for me, so I replaced the Striple with my current XRX. It was all good and commute to the office was the best part of my day and then I decided to change my job after 17 years! The distance was the same but the traffic became HORRIBLE thanks to great development work happening on my route. Same time a very dear friend was selling his Duke 390, I know this bike from the day it was bought and decided to pick it up as a beater bike to office commute.

And I was very happy with my two bike garage!

Buttttttt last November, I went for a crazy last-minute ride plan and joined a friend who had shipped his Himalayan to Utharkhand. With all the hoohaa over Xpulse, we decided to hire one for me there and after 850 Kms of mountain (no) roads, found out how careless one can be with a cheap, light adventure bike. 1- It is so forgiving, compared to not so forgiving heavier mid-size Tiger we are used to. 2- The most important one, carefree shipping by roadways. The friend who shipped his Himalayan also has a tiger, but we realized even a locked VRL cage is not a great idea when you have to ship an expensive bike in India.

Anyhow as much as I loved the Xpulse, I hated it equally for running out of steam after 70 Kmph and lack of grunt. Maybe I am spoiled by more powerful bikes.

That is when finally the gods at KTM decided to bless us with 390 adventure launch. So one Friday in November 2019 I landed back in Bangalore from Utharkhand, Saturday walked into Indira Nagar KTM and filled forms for 390 Adventure. Then wait started...

So unlike serious tourers and enduro riders who are planning to buy the 390 adventure, I would be using mine for daily office commute and for travels where I would need to ship the bike by roadways. That's it. For the rest of the longer rides I will always prefer the heavier, more powerful Tiggu the tiger OR similar if I decide to replace it in future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th February 2020 at 18:40.
Jaggu is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 16:27   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Booked mine yesterday. Estimated delivery time for Pune is 2 weeks. Yet to get any date or confirmation from the dealer.
So its been almost a week into the booking and there is no confirmation from the dealer's side on the delivery date. Anyone knows if bikes are being dispatched? I do understand reasonable delays, but this is like outright lying just to make a sale.
Old 14th February 2020, 18:37   #624
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So its been almost a week into the booking and there is no confirmation from the dealer's side on the delivery date. Anyone knows if bikes are being dispatched? I do understand reasonable delays, but this is like outright lying just to make a sale.
There are reports of bikes being received by dealer and folks have gone and selected their's at yard here in Bangalore, but these bookings were made much earlier. For fresh booking, 30-45 days is the lead time as informed by the dealer. Being in Pune you should have lesser lead time since transportation time would be less.

You have just made the booking amount right? We have folks who have paid in full and waiting here
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 19:20   #625
BHPian

Quote:
You have just made the booking amount right? We have folks who have paid in full and waiting here
Correct - I have just paid the booking amount. My frustration is not about waiting though. Its about being lied to that the delivery will be done in 2 weeks.
I have also booked the harrier automatic and don't want both the vehicles to be delivered at the same time! I had told the sales guy about this and he was so confident of the 2 weeks delivery time frame that I just went ahead and booked.
ihrishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 19:01   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Thank, Aditya, any idea which dealer is this news from?

Personally I am losing interest and patience... to add to the injury, I have sold my 390 duke and the tiger has a leaky shock! Someone please give my bike
Jaggu sir its from Amba bajaj (parent company of BTM KTM)
adityasiera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2020, 22:14   #627
Senior - BHPian

Deliveries have started for sure in Mumbai. I saw this one parked on the street very close to where I live. Registered at the Tardeo RTO in Mumbai MH 01 DQ

I loved the big bike appearance, the fit and finish seemed acceptable to me. This bike would be great for a person who is looking for a comfortable alternative to the D390.

KTM 390 Adventure India launch confirmed. Edit: Launched at 2.99 lakh.-d53b3882af4940ab91a43a79509efa15.jpeg

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 16th February 2020 at 22:18. Reason: Adding text.
Cyborg is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 14:45   #628
Team-BHP Support

It is becoming so frustrating, vehicle has been launched people have paid in full, vehicles are available with dealer for registration and delivery... but the darn RTO approval no one has a clue! It's been a few weeks that buyers are waiting patiently and there is no help from the manufacturer on this!

Such a messed up product launch!! Does anyone have email id's of folks who matter at KTMM India?
Old 19th February 2020, 11:42   #629
Senior - BHPian

Such as sad state of affairs. Timelines for KTM 390 adv is been a nightmare for those interested right form the initial years of waiting > EICMA launch > India bike week show > India product launch to India Price announcement and bookings open > waiting for bikes to arrive > showrooms to waiting for RTO approvals. Once the ARAI certification is done with, its just a matter of hours to include a new bike into the RTO system in the digital world we are in today. Wonder whats cooking at RTO for all the delays. Bike is Bs6 as well, so cant be delays on that front. KTM is surely lost a few customers in all these years of waiting and frustrated many one of whom i definitely know.
Old 19th February 2020, 12:02   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Such as sad state of affairs. Timelines for KTM 390 adv is been a nightmare for those interested right form the initial years of waiting > EICMA launch > India bike week show > India product launch to India Price announcement and bookings open > waiting for bikes to arrive > showrooms to waiting for RTO approvals. Once the ARAI certification is done with, its just a matter of hours to include a new bike into the RTO system in the digital world we are in today. Wonder whats cooking at RTO for all the delays. Bike is Bs6 as well, so cant be delays on that front. KTM is surely lost a few customers in all these years of waiting and frustrated many one of whom i definitely know.
To be honest - deliveries have started in other cities. Its only KA which is stuck - and the blame is on our wonderful RTO than KTM.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks