Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2018, 16:11   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hero MotoCorp launches Spare Parts website

Hero MotoCorp has launched an online portal for the retail of genuine spare parts and accessories. Customers will now be able to place their orders online and get the products delivered to their doorstep directly from the company.

Hero MotoCorp launches Spare Parts website-hgp.jpg

The website has a wide variety of spare parts organized in different categories. There are parts for scooters and bikes that are currently on sale as well as for models like the CD100 SS, Ambition, Achiever and the last generation Karizma that are no longer in production. The accessories section includes guards, seat covers, grips, helmets, etc. Owners can search for parts on basis of part number, part name or the VIN of the model.

According to the company, the new service will ensure efficient and timely delivery of Hero Genuine Parts (HGP) and accessories to the end customer. Spare parts will be delivered via the existing network of over 90 distributors, 800 authorized dealers and 1,150 authorized service centres across India. Hero MotoCorp has partnered with Delhivery - an e-commerce logistics service provider to deliver products to customers across the country.

Source: Economic Times

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 19th April 2018, 21:29   #2
BANNED

Re: Hero MotoCorp launches Spare Parts website

Now that my friends is a milestone in the Indian motorcycle scene!

For once I actually regret letting go of my ZMA for reasons other than emotion.
ashwinprakas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2018, 10:11   #3
BHPian

A very neat idea indeed. This has the making to disrupt the after sales market. Hope we can also have other companies join and we can get spare parts of even much older models, so that a restoration will be less of a hassle.

Last edited by MadRasTan4986 : 20th April 2018 at 10:14. Reason: Grammatical error.
MadRasTan4986 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2018, 10:29   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Hero MotoCorp has launched an online portal for the retail of genuine spare parts and accessories.
This is HUGE! Forget over-the-counter sales and manufacturers resisting them, this is 'straight to your doorstep' delivery . I salute Hero for taking this initiative. In these connected times, convenience & transparency are the order of the day - why should car & bike manufacturers resist change?

It's a win-win situation as the actual orders are fulfilled by their existing network. Thus, everyone is happy.

Now, Maruti had better come up with an e-comm website for spare parts of its cars. Because when the leader does something, everyone else has to follow (see what happened with AMTs). Imagine a world where we can buy original parts for our cars directly from a manufacturer-backed website!

Last edited by GTO : 20th April 2018 at 10:30.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th April 2018, 10:37   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Hero MotoCorp launches Spare Parts website

That's gotta be the first time Hero has done something worthwhile by themselves. Great initiative.
Even worldwide I'm not sure that many automakers offer this.
kiku007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2018, 10:49   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Imagine a world where we can buy original parts for our cars directly from a manufacturer-backed website!
True that. For petrolheads like us, this is a pure piece of mind.

Be it your regular service or prepping your ride for a tour, shortlist the items you need and place the order. No need to call up your showroom parts manager for status updates either. We could use that valuable time for other preparations.

Especially, when these showroom guys keep you hanging for that one part which is "always in-transit" and never actually reaches anyone until we lose our patience.

A welcome move from Hero indeed. I hope rest of the manufacturers follow this pattern and come up with their online store as well.
R-Six is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2018, 12:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hero Motocop is managing close to about 40% of the Indian two wheeler market and enjoys the pole position.

This move will ensure repeat business from present owners of "Hero" products and even erstwhile owners of "Hero Honda" products.

Genuine products at doorstep will ensure peace of mind.

It would be very interesting to see how OEM & Non-OEM part suppliers selling in open market get affected by this move and more so the reaction of the dealership network in managing inventory and fuss free availability without any tricks / delays for the end customer.
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2018, 12:49   #8
BHPian

Checked the website & I must say the layout is neatly done. The best thing is the shipping charges are zero (even for a Rs 65 choke cable!) & You have cash on delivery as an option. For now Hero is offering 5% discount on orders above Rs500 (coupon code HPGNEW). Registration is not compulsory as you can check out as a guest. Kudos to Hero MotoCorp for coming up with this & I hope rest all the manufacturers will follow this.

P.S: For all the Karzima ZMR owners, Fuel Pump is in stock & it showing 2-3 days transit time for Mumbai/Pune. I think this will be a big relief to all the Karzima owners.
Sportztourer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2018, 13:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hero spares have never been an issue wrt availability, except for the discontinued models

Checked whats available for an Impulse - 27 parts in all

On the other hand - these guys stock over 500 parts for the Impulse alone :

www.thesparescompany.com

Have ordered from them multiple times. The products are genuine, shipping is prompt and if anyone has any doubt whatsoever, they do have "Cash on delivery"

Unless Hero plan to add more to their inventory for discontinued models - Thanks, but no thanks!
Urban_Nomad is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks