Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2018, 09:50   #1
BANNED

Bajaj Pulsar 135 LS no more? EDIT: Back on website, still on sale

Its an absolute shocker for me to know that Bajaj is discontinuing its only Pulsar that runs off a single cradle chassis. Though the Bajaj Pulsar 135LS has been a hit among enthusiasts the same doesn't seem to be a value for money proposition as far as the general census is concerned as per my understanding of the following source:

And It’s Gone! Bajaj Pulsar LS135 Discontinued – Removed From Website

Bajaj Pulsar 135 LS no more? EDIT: Back on website, still on sale-bajaj-pulsar-135-ls-03.jpg

Packed with a single cradle chassis and a low displacement long stroke 4 valve configuration motor you could say that the P135LS was considerably nimble than its elder siblings yet hot on the throttle peaking out at 9000 RPM's and all that with remarkable fuel efficiency!

The Pulsar 135LS would continue to sell in international markets and in the meanwhile I wonder what Bajaj's next strategy would be.

Cheers,

A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 10:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Bajaj Pulsar 135 LS no more? EDIT: Back on website, still on sale

It is completely in line with Bajaj's strategy, which is to discontinue models overnight and leave it's owners in distress.

On the contrary, It is a step in the right direction, the LS 135 was too small in appearance to be called a Pulsar.
abhishek46 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 10:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
It is completely in line with Bajaj's strategy, which is to discontinue models overnight and leave it's owners in distress.

Wouldn't say so actually. The 135Ls was launched way back in 2008. That makes it a good 8 years in production.

Its a Demand vs Supply situation. Pity since the 135LS was the best handling and free revving compared to the older gen 150/180/220 Pulsars.

But if that is how the consumer wants it (prefer the older Pulsars over the mechanically better 135LS), the manufacturer would only react to the market forces/demand.
payeng is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 12:16   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Though the Bajaj Pulsar 135LS has been a hit among enthusiasts the same doesn't seem to be a value for money proposition as far as the general census is concerned as per my understanding of the following source
Products for enthusiasts may not always equate to profitability. This was probably the only Pulsar which could be called VFM in terms of fun to drive factor, FE and handling.

Quote:
Packed with a single cradle chassis and a low displacement long stroke 4 valve configuration motor you could say that the P135LS was considerably nimble than its elder siblings yet hot on the throttle peaking out at 9000 RPM's and all that with remarkable fuel efficiency!
9,000 rpm ! I'm surprised. ~Never seen such high rpm on what is supposed to be an entry level bike.

Quote:
The Pulsar 135LS would continue to sell in international markets and in the meanwhile I wonder what Bajaj's next strategy would be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Its a Demand vs Supply situation. Pity since the 135LS was the best handling and free revving compared to the older gen 150/180/220 Pulsars.
They might be moving onto the higher cc range for the Pulsars. Their campaigns have always been towards sporty bikes (for Pulsars) and perhaps now higher cc = more sporty? Further, if the exports are still doing good numbers, why fix something thats not broken... probably the company will utilise the bikes local production for other more high profit products.
Old 10th April 2018, 10:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
9,000 rpm ! I'm surprised. ~Never seen such high rpm on what is supposed to be an entry level bike.

The Pulsar 135LS was the first Bajaj product to feature a 4 valve head. Reason why it was so free revving.

It was also the first Bajaj bike which surprised me with its stable and sporty handling.
payeng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 23:58   #6
Senior - BHPian

New Flash: Seems like it was just a Site Maintenance, the 135LS seems to be still on sale.

Source: Bajaj Pulsar 135 LS still on sale in India

Mods: The Thread Title needs to be edited.
Old 2nd May 2018, 12:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bajaj Pulsar 135 LS no more? EDIT: Back on website, still on sale

It's seems Bajaj has come up with yet another Pulsar.
A 125cc one!

https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-ne...in-2019-408211
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 12:45   #8
BHPian

Quote:
A 125cc one!

I was a brief owner of the Discover 125ST from 2016 to 17 and one thing I can vouch for is that motor's performance.

The 125cc segment is one of the best selling segments in the country, mostly filled with first time and young buyers, and the pocket friendly 4 valve engine has the capacity to create wonders. Pulsar badge + easy on the pocket + fun from 0 to 60kmph. What more can guy that is new to the motorcycling scene wish for.
Old 2nd May 2018, 14:41   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A 125cc one!

As pointed out by the publication, its because of the ABS mandate for bikes > 125 cc.

In my opinion, Bajaj can go for a different brand name for the 135/125 LS... for eg. PULSE. My take is that the consumer somehow can't associate brand PULSAR with this particular model.
Old 2nd May 2018, 14:54   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
As pointed out by the publication, its because of the ABS mandate for bikes > 125 cc.

In my opinion, Bajaj can go for a different brand name for the 135/125 LS... for eg. PULSE. My take is that the consumer somehow can't associate brand PULSAR with this particular model.
Yes, you are correct.
Instead of dragging on the same brand name to each and every available cubic capacity slot, why not create a new brand name?

Upon arrival of this 125cc pulsar, we will be missing the pulsar name only in 100/110cc category.
Who knows, Bajaj can come up with Pulsar branded Scooters & Mopeds also, in the future!
Old 17th September 2018, 16:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

Update: The Pulsar 135 has disappeared from the Official Bajaj Site once again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks