Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2021, 15:54   #31
BHPian

Re: Living up to the name: The Suzuki Gixxer Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumi_21 View Post
Following reasons:

Better braking : ABS is a must. Also, the current combination of a disc at the front and a drum at the rear doesn't cut it for me anymore. I have had a few close calls and having the safety net of ABS will give me peace of mind.

Better Performance: I usually maintain a crusing speed of 90 km/hr. But the Gixxer is running at the end of it's performance envelope at these speeds and overtaking is just not possible. Also a faster motorcycle would be more fun no?
Why not a pre-owned N300 ?
Ticks all your requirements. Has bullet proof reliability and will be fun when you want it to be.
nitinkbhaskar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 18:21   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinkbhaskar View Post
Why not a pre-owned N300 ?
The pre localisation ones don't have ABS, which is a deal breaker for me. And the owners selling their ABS equipped post 2018 models are quoting ridiculous prices.

A question to the forum at large: Would it be possible to raise the footpegs on my Gixxer? I want to be able to grip the tank better with my legs. If yes, how do I go about doing that?
Shumi_21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 10:18   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumi_21 View Post
So yes, I want more capability from my next motorcycle to do the small weekend rides quicker and while having more fun.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't bored of the Gixxer.
While the preowned route does seem tempting to suggest to you, I think you cant go wrong with the Suzuki 250 as an upgrade. The Ninja 400 deserved a price drop long ago but Kawasaki wants to sell the localised 300 more than they want to sell the bigger 400. The Himalayan 650 may never arrive. The Bajaj Unident will take years as well.
neil.jericho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 18:25   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I think you cant go wrong with the Suzuki 250 as an upgrade.
I quite liked the V-strom 250! But I'd rather hold off, for the reasons below and also because of the vibration trouble your SF250 is giving you. Not having excessive vibrations is kind of Suzuki's USP!!

The Gixxer has unfortunately been a garage queen, only showing signs of life when I would start the bike and leave it to idle for a few minutes, very intermittently over the past six odd months. I know it's borderline blasphemous to not ride your motorcycle for that long, but I have two good reasons.

Firstly, my mother had a paralytic stroke and was consequently hospitalised. Running to and fro from the hospital and then taking her to physiotherapy appointments meant using my i20 more and more. Being an only child meant I had to opt for WFH to manage my mother's recovery, so no commuting to office via motorcycle too. Thankfully, by the blessings of the almighty, my mother made a full recovery & I could look forward to riding again.

Living up to the name: The Suzuki Gixxer Review-img_20220205_18161501.jpeg
At least the cats have a place to hang out

Living up to the name: The Suzuki Gixxer Review-psx_20221222_175639.jpg
Random stop during a monsoon ride, last year.

But before any rides could happen, my friend crashed her Ntrorq into a stationary bulldozer. I was riding pillion when this happened. She got away with a few scratches/roadrash, but I ended up breaking my left ankle and bruising my left shoulder too. And now after almost 4 months of recovery, my foot and shoulder have healed completely and I've just about started riding again (slowly)

Living up to the name: The Suzuki Gixxer Review-img_20211114_12191502.jpeg
Quite the poser

Living up to the name: The Suzuki Gixxer Review-psx_20221222_180009.jpg
Some village road I found exploring around Lavasa, early this year

An unintended consequence of being out of action for such a long time has been my massive weight gain. I've literally gone from a fit 71kg (I'm 5'8") to an obese 97kg. And in true enthusiast sprit, I've challenged myself to get back into shape if I want a new motorcycle. This challenge is going to take a year to complete, which means I will be holding on to the Gixxer until 2024. And I intend to make some cosmetic mods to it, just to break the monotony.

Living up to the name: The Suzuki Gixxer Review-psx_20221222_175421.jpg
Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are shooting stars, cause I could really use a wish right now, a wish right now
Shumi_21 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks