Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2018, 16:51   #46
BHPian

Re: The Suzuki Burgman Street, now launched at Rs. 68,000

Hi Everyone,

Read and saw quite a lot of criticism on this scooter and honestly in person too, the mismatch between the tyre size and body work is an eyesore.

I have been looking to upgrade my wife from her current scooter to something nicer and hence was in the market. Why this segment? A few weeks ago my wife commented that she is tired of looking at these run of the mill similar design scooters and they all look the same to her. Booked an Ntorq a couple of weeks back because it felt right. A bit over budget but then it felt worth it.

I was reading reviews and like I have mentioned in the Ntorq thread, some owners have been complaining of cold start problems. My wife hates kick starting her scooter and frankly the whole purpose of it is supposed to be convenience and not frustration.

This problem as well as the sad state of service centre which I saw when I went to the TVS showroom was bothering me.

On a whim I decided to test ride the Burgman just because all the reviewers seem to be pitching it against the Ntorq. I knew it was well out of budget, but somehow I walked in and asked for a test ride. I will try to give a comparison based on the test ride.

The acceleration was disappointing as compared to the Ntorq. I know there isnt a big difference as per the reviews but in person the Burgman felt slower.

The exhaust sound of the Burgman is neutral like any other scooter on the road. The Ntorq is bassy.

The engine was vibe free in both scooters at least till the 60 KMPH mark.

The suspension of the Burgman felt more compliant and the seat also felt more plush. Overall its clearly more comfortable than the Ntorq.

The extended footboard though may not be used by my wife a lot, is definitely useful for carrying around a bag more easily than on the Ntorq.

LED headlight on the Burgman looks more upmarket (of course I am paying for it too). My wife of recent has started to like the LED headlight look of cars and bikes and this is purely a cosmetic requirement.

Lastly i somehow felt more confident shedding speeds in the Burgman as compared to the Ntorq. Call it a personal thing, but all the above points sealed the deal and I decided to put my money down.

24 hours later I had paid in full and the Burgman is ready for delivery. I will be taking delivery next week for personal reasons. What it came down to is the fact that the scooter is for my wife and to be honest, when I was getting the Ntorq I was kinda leaning towards what I wanted in a scooter rather than what would delight her.

I know the scooter looks bloated and disproportionate from certain angles but then the smoothness and the ride quality and of course the uniqueness trumps all that in my humble opinion.

If there are any current owners here, I would love to hear from you.
Vikram8891 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2018, 10:42   #47
Team-BHP Support

Burgman street compared with TVS NTorq -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2018, 09:24   #48
Senior - BHPian

Took a test ride of BurgmanStreet in Bangalore and absolutely loved it. The rear tyre should have been proportional though! This scooter cant be compared to NTORQ as they're both different animals.

Burgman is for laid-back, leisurely rides while the TVS product is downright sporty. Does the Burgman have any mechanical issues or cold start problems? We were considering Ather as well, but the 70Km range is putting us off. We need twice that.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 09:49   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Does the Burgman have any mechanical issues or cold start problems?
Hi Sebring,

My wife has been using the Burgman for a month as of today and as of now there have been no cold start issues. I also checked with her if she has used the choke till now and she answered in the negative.

No rattles or issues from the panels as well and we are nearing the 500 kms mark. I have also written an ownership review of the scooter and you can read it for more details:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...gantuan-2.html (Suzuki Burgman 125 Ownership Review - Grey Gargantuan!)
Vikram8891 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 23:22   #50

I paid 5000 today to book burgman vikram after seeing the report. What sealed the deal for me is pillion seat which is comfortable and the space in front. Obviously i heard N-TORQ and associated TVS engine weariness.

Nice report vikram
srini234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2018, 00:52   #51
BHPian

Is there any chance that a higher cc burgman be launched in India? I really need it because me and my wife are heavy and I just booked the access 125 and max we could do on the highway was 50kms/ hr. Solo it could easily touch 80-90 which is kind of acceptable on the highway. I have a thunderbird 350 too but I try and avoid taking it on the highway due to reliability issues and vibrations.

Btw, for those buying online, the burgman isn't yet available on paytm. The access is. Which means you get a cashback of around 4500 on the access but not the burgman. I asked the lady at the suzuki showroom in Pune and she said that it takes around 4-6 months usually after launch for the bike to be available on Paytm.

Last edited by theMAG : 2nd October 2018 at 05:57. Reason: Back-back posts merged.
Old 2nd October 2018, 19:35   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini234 View Post
I paid 5000 today to book burgman vikram after seeing the report. What sealed the deal for me is pillion seat which is comfortable and the space in front. Obviously i heard N-TORQ and associated TVS engine weariness.

Nice report vikram
This was the major factor which gave me the jitters. I am certain not all Ntorqs have that issue. In fact I think its doing quite well in the market in terms of sales. The Burgman just felt so much nicer and spacious that it felt perfect for my wife. By the way she loves using the storage at the front. The one with the latch houses her phone and the one on the right takes her wallet or miscellaneous items.

The bonus of course is that you can fit a full face L sized helmet in it.
Old 18th October 2018, 09:34   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

PowerDrift review : Suzuki Burgman

Old 22nd July 2019, 14:26   #54
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki Burgman Street gets Matte Black colour option

Suzuki has introduced a Matte Black colour option on the Burgman Street. The scooter is priced at Rs. 69,208 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

The Suzuki Burgman Street, now launched at Rs. 68,000-suzuki-burgman-street_matte-black-colour.jpg

The Suzuki Burgman Street was launched in July 2018. The scooter comes with a large cowl with a triple-pod headlamp. It has a short windscreen, a digital instrument cluster, a USB charger, stepped seat and side-mounted exhaust. In addition to under seat storage, the Burgman Street also has a 2.0-litre glove box.

Powering the Burgman Street is a 124cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine that delivers 8.58 BHP @ 7,000 rpm and 10.2 Nm @ 5,000 rpm. The engine is mated to a continuously variable transmission (CVT). The scooter has telescopic front forks and a hydraulic shock absorber at the rear. It comes equipped with a disc brake at the front and drum brakes at the rear as well as a combined braking system.

The Burgman Street is also available in Metallic Mat Fibroin Gray, Glass Sparkle Black and Pearl Mirage White colour options.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 12:08   #55
BHPian

It's about time we got a scooter with the actual performance rather than big scooter look alikes. Performance does not only imply engine, but also brakes and suspension. We have been fleeced far too long with the Activa and Access type of scooters. Nothing wrong with these scooters , I am myself an Activa owner but the Japs have milked us too long with these stone age products.

With roads and traffic getting worse with every passing day in Bangalore, a better suspension and brakes are not too much of a demand, but I guess we will have to make do with more plastics and new color schemes every 6 months, which qualify as upgrades!!
Neo18 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 00:17   #56
BHPian

I am planning on buying the Suzuki Burgman this week. Do you have any recommendations of it's competitors or any points that I must consider before going ahead with the purchase.
Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 18:17   #57
Senior - BHPian

I checked with the dealership if the BS6, Fi injected model will be available any time soon. But he was just smiling, and non-commital, prompting me to believe that it could be on its way. (Activa 125 Fi is available from September onwards).
Old 25th December 2019, 13:38   #58
BHPian

I have booked a burgman and will receive it this Friday may be. Would anyone know which rear rack would suit the burgman? I was hoping to fix the studds top case l. Has anyone fixed this to their scoot/bike , are they reliable ? And do they hold up well in pot holes or bumps? Thanks in advance.
Old 17th February 2020, 17:05   #59
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Suzuki Motorcycle India launches BS-VI Burgman Street at Rs 77,900 - Link
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 11:15   #60
BHPian

I bought Suzuki Burgman 125cc in Aug'2019. Not much running. Till date it's clocked only @2700 kms. Had come for 4th free servicing when the technician saw that the drive belt was worn out at a single point on one of the troughs. Would have snapped anytime while driving.

Both of us were surprised on how this can happen. I drive it sedately without any unwanted jerky motions etc. Hardly any running in last few months. It really beats me how this can happen. Pointers anyone? Maybe it was not fitted correctly from start itself. That's what I could think of.

Overall it's a very good vehicle for city driving and highway cruising. No other complaints.

Last edited by SSD2122 : 2nd September 2020 at 11:17.
SSD2122 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks