Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2019, 12:51   #106
BHPian

Got the same reply as you Samba. Painting will be done as long as bike under warranty. So I told him I got 7 years warranty and you'll paint it everytime it rusts and I bring it in for service for the next 7 years. He said yes. But very doubtfully. Regarding replacement with the new exhaust pipe it will be done under cost. However the cost details are unclear. My bike is due for service in a couple of months. Will update once I visit and get a clearer picture.
MadRasTan4986 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2019, 17:43   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View

Current odo reading is at 3,600 km.

No issues to be reported. Bike is doing great.

But a sad update is due to severe shoulder pain, am advised not to ride bikes anymore. Doctor gave this advise based on the MRI report.

Now am in two minds-
Option 1 - To sell it.
Option 2- Keep it idle for 6 months and then ride for short distances.

As of now i really do not know, what to do! My family members suggested me, option 2 as the bike is very close to my heart. I feel sad to see it seating idle like this. :(

Last edited by Samba : 18th May 2019 at 18:07.
Old 18th May 2019, 18:49   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Current odo reading is at 3,600 km.

But a sad update is due to severe shoulder pain, am advised not to ride bikes anymore. Doctor gave this advise based on the MRI report.

Now am in two minds-
Option 2- Keep it idle for 6 months and then ride for short distances.
3600 in a year and half !! And now this ?

Hope you recover fully to ride the bike again.

Option 2, please !
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 19:45   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Hope you recover fully to ride the bike again.

Option 2, please !
Thanks.

We have decided on option 2. So i wont be selling the bike.

Am on rest for the last 15 days. Using the computers as less as possible, drove less than 100 km in last 15 days. Things are improving. Decided not to ride the bike for 3 months. After that will slowly start to ride again.

As of now am just idling the bike for 15 minutes once a week and rolling the rear wheel by engaging 1st gear on center stand.

So the Fz25 will remain and will be sharing the garage with our Duster and Etios.

Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View-img_0839.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 1st June 2019 at 19:46.
Samba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 22:52   #110
BANNED

Quote:
As of now am just idling the bike for 15 minutes once a week and rolling the rear wheel by engaging 1st gear on center stand.
I wouldn't do that on an air/oil-cooled motorcycle.

It would do the motorcycle good if you just go with the textbook protocol of oil in cylinder and disconnecting the battery.

Personally I don't even care about the procedure, simply let the motorcycle rest, both motorcycles had been left idle for months at a time and started up when I got back to them, the CT100B took a little bit more effort due to the CI cylinder, tends to loose compression when left idle for long, but still wasn't much of an issue, just a couple of extra kicks.

Cheers,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 06:15   #111
BHPian

I'd recommend getting someone else to take it out for a spin once in 2-3 weeks, pump air in the tyres and keep cycling the fuel. I too don't use my FZ25 too much for the city but make it a point to do just that during extended periods of nonuse
jaganm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 13:59   #112
BHPian

So a brief update from my side. My bike's done around 7300 kms gave it for service as it hasn't been run much in the last 6 months. No major issues. Bike's running perfectly fine.
One concern did come up today when I collected my bike after service
Yamaha dealers have apparently started charging to do the black coating for the exhaust. Despite me having an extended warranty. Can anyone else in the forum confirm this?
If existing FZ25 owners (pre-ABS) model want to change the exhaust system with the new one the charge for that is around 9k excluding taxes.
I'm thinking of changing the whole pipe and getting some aftermarket work done to bump performance and appeal a bit.
Anyone have any thoughts and suggestions on the same. Or already tried some performance upgrades for the FZ25. The engine definitely feels like it can take more.
MadRasTan4986 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 04:05   #113
Senior - BHPian

I have bought a 2018 October model FZ25. The problems so far is, the front tyre has one side wear. Yamaha service asked me to replace front fork oils. But, I see no traces of oil leak in both the shocks. Is there anything else to look out, like rear wheel/axle alignment problems that can be the cause.

So far I understand this motorcycle needs some regular check ups:
1. Injector cleaning and FI health check up in Yamaha Service centre equipped with FI station on every 6000kms. (Nearest one is 16kms away and it is crowded)
2. Chain cleaning and lubrication every 500-700kms. I have done it at Yamaha service and they charged Rs180. Since then I've bought Motul chain clean and chain spray. First I bought Motul C5 chain paste (costs Rs390) but no one seems to be using it, got confused if it's unsuitable and returned.
3. Oil change every 3000kms. Is that OK? Yamaha uses Yamalube Sporty Premium 10W 40. They says it lasts hardly for 3000kms and needs to be changed. Motul 300v, 7100 or Liqui Moly 10W40 street 10W 40 is the other recommended oils. Any one using these oils and their experiences are welcome.
4. Painting the silencer in every few months? This is really something Yamaha should own up and replace all FZ25 owners with the ABS model's silencer. Someone said to give the silencer to 3M care as they have a better heat resistant paint which can long last than service centre paint job.

Last edited by deepclutch : 10th November 2019 at 04:17.
deepclutch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 20:11   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRasTan4986 View Post
Anyone have any thoughts and suggestions on the same. Or already tried some performance upgrades for the FZ25. The engine definitely feels like it can take more.
I prefer to keep things stock. Now i started to ignore looking at the rusty silencer. It looks bad but doesn't affect anything. Did you find any way out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
I have bought a 2018 October model FZ25. The problems so far is, the front tyre has one side wear. Yamaha service asked me to replace front fork oils. But, I see no traces of oil leak in both the shocks. Is there anything else to look out, like rear wheel/axle alignment problems that can be the cause.
The most common reason for this is faulty/weak shockabsorbers. I know few people who are using the Motul 20W heavy duty fork oils. That has improved the handling too.

Quote:
1. Injector cleaning and FI health check up in Yamaha Service centre equipped with FI station on every 6000kms. (Nearest one is 16kms away and it is crowded)
Till the bike is in warranty, you should get it done from the authorized service centers. Later on using injector cleaner once in a while with the fuel should help!

Quote:
2. Chain cleaning and lubrication every 500-700kms. I have done it at Yamaha service and they charged Rs180. Since then I've bought Motul chain clean and chain spray. First I bought Motul C5 chain paste (costs Rs390) but no one seems to be using it, got confused if it's unsuitable and returned.
I used to use Motul before, now i have switched to Kangaroo chain Lube + chain cleaner. It's much cheaper and do the work quite well.

Quote:
3. Oil change every 3000kms. Is that OK? Yamaha uses Yamalube Sporty Premium 10W 40. They says it lasts hardly for 3000kms and needs to be changed. Motul 300v, 7100 or Liqui Moly 10W40 street 10W 40 is the other recommended oils. Any one using these oils and their experiences are welcome.
3000 km interval is fine. Till now i used Motul 7100, this December am thinking to switch over to Yamahalube sporty premium. Few of my friends after using both the oils in FZ25 reported that, they are getting a better top-speed with Yamahalube but a more smoother performance at high revs with the Motul. I got confused, so decided to try out the Yamahalube during the next oil change & checkout the difference myself.

Quote:
4. Painting the silencer in every few months? This is really something Yamaha should own up and replace all FZ25 owners with the ABS model's silencer. Someone said to give the silencer to 3M care as they have a better heat resistant paint which can long last than service centre paint job.
Yamaha should consider a recall on this. If you get any first hand review on the 3M paint protection, please share it with us. If the results are positive, i will give that a try too. As of now am ignoring it.

Last edited by Samba : 12th November 2019 at 20:15.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 17:25   #115
Senior - BHPian

Yamaha is recalling FZ25/Fazer 25 from June 2018 onwards with certain chassis numbers for fixing an issue with not properly tightened "Plate breather bolt" in the engine. You can check here whether your motorcycle is affected:

https://www.yamaha-motor-india.com/service-recall.html

I called the main dealer service centre and they acknowledged today morning they received a mail from Yamaha regarding this. The service centre says most probably the bolt is tightened well and since they suspect a few of the motorcycles may have loosened bolt, Yamaha is doing a mass recall. If they would've fixed the silencer issue also, it will be great.
Quote:
3000 km interval is fine. Till now i used Motul 7100, this December am thinking to switch over to Yamahalube sporty premium. Few of my friends after using both the oils in FZ25 reported that, they are getting a better top-speed with Yamahalube but a more smoother performance at high revs with the Motul. I got confused, so decided to try out the Yamahalube during the next oil change & checkout the difference myself.
Yamalube Sporty Premium, after 1000kms is losing it's characteristics and lubricant properties. In the Yamaha subdealer's service centre here, the mechanics openly says Yamalube is waste after 3000kms. The bike struggles to go above 100kmph. I wonder whether this is also due to a recent visit to service centre and their claim of cleaning Air filter. (Most problems in my bike started happening after visiting service, and I suck at DIY). I would switch to Shell Advanced Ultra 10W 40 or Motul 7100 4T on next service. Saw some YouTube videos of FZ25 owners satisfied with Shell Advanced Ultra.

Last edited by deepclutch : 14th November 2019 at 17:26.
Old 14th November 2019, 19:06   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yamaha is recalling FZ25/Fazer 25 from June 2018 onwards with certain chassis numbers for fixing an issue with not properly tightened "Plate breather bolt" in the engine. You can check here whether your motorcycle is affected:

https://www.yamaha-motor-india.com/service-recall.html
My bike was manufactured in November 2017 and in January 2018 Yamaha recalled many Fz25's and FZ series bikes, exactly for the same reason! At that time i got it sorted out. Here is the link for the same-

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post4339563 (Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View)

Am clueless, why the same problem cropped up again!

Quote:
Yamalube Sporty Premium, after 1000kms is losing it's characteristics and lubricant properties.
Thanks for this feedback.

Last edited by Samba : 14th November 2019 at 19:16.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 05:10   #117
Senior - BHPian

I called the Yamaha dealer service centres here and one of the service has no clue what I'm talking about. The other dealer Shinrai Yamaha, Ernakulam told me that they need to tighten the plate breather bolts. You have to insist that, they replace Gasket, O-Ring and Plate breather bolts (2 no.s) and apply loctite on the bolts.

A better video of the work done (this is from early 2018):
Old 27th November 2019, 01:49   #118
Senior - BHPian

The mobike has coin rattling noise when revved to 5000rpm and above. I am told this is not due to valve clearance. From online sources, they blame it on timing chain noise. Service centre is clueless about how to resolve this noise.
Old 28th November 2019, 22:09   #119
BANNED

Quote:
I called the Yamaha dealer service centres here and one of the service has no clue what I'm talking about. The other dealer Shinrai Yamaha, Ernakulam told me that they need to tighten the plate breather bolts.
Got a call from Shinrai, Kundanoor and an official letter from Yamaha for my bro's FZ25 last week regarding the recall.

Last edited by mithun : 28th November 2019 at 22:10.
mithun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 09:27   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Got a call from Shinrai, Kundanoor and an official letter from Yamaha for my bro's FZ25 last week regarding the recall.
Yes. Got the work done at AYON Yamaha, Muvattupuzha after the main dealer's service botched up things (They didn't change the gasket, did not tighten the bolts correctly.). At Ayon, they replaced two plate breather bolts, O ring and a gasket. A replacement kit is being sent by Yamaha to dealers.
--
Unlike Yamaha FZ16, FZ25 has some known problems - since it's a SOHC 2 valve engine (rumored to be based on 2008 Yamaha XT250 enduro mobike), the valve clearance needs adjustment every now and then. Even after adjusting, if you take a hard throttle for a few thousand kilometers, tappets may get loosened. So, most of the FZ25 users really don't do much on this side.

Coin rattling noise - This is not the tappet noise. This is when you revv the engine above 5000 rpm. There is a rattling noise and it comes from engine. I checked another FZ25 and it also has more or less the same noise. It may be from balance shaft or cam chain. But, Yamaha has no solution for this problem. It is said by service centre that the valve clearance will settle by 20000kms. Don't know the veracity of the claim.

Front wobbling at near about 70kmph - There is a slight wobble. Even after adjusting steering cone, replacing fork oil the problem exists. I have read that front forks needed great care in this motorcycle.

Rear disc pad wearing off fast - Rear disc pad is expensive - it costs Rs950. The rear brake lever has a design flaw. Your right leg will rest on the rear brake lever unless the rider purposefully put the foot outwards and use less rear brake. FZ25 needs 70:30 ratio of front and rear brake for efficient braking. One can adjust the rear brake lever position downwards. I did not do that.

The biggest issue I find is, incompetent mechanics at many of their service centres in tier-2 cities and small town dealerships. That is not expected.
deepclutch is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks