Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2019, 01:38   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Benelli Leoncino spied testing in India. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.79 Lakhs

First look in India, really digging the design of the bike.

AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 08:38   #17
BHPian

It looks really nice, but, given the performance, I think I'd prefer one of the RE twins to this. Not only do you save money and support an Indian manufacturer but you also avoid buying a Chinese product, which is increasingly harder to do in today's world.
imp! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 14:05   #18
BHPian

I had my eyes set on the RE Int650 for a long time. Then I go through a few reviews on this thingy.
This thing packs a ton of modern hardware that the Int650 just doesn't.

Int650 vs lenocino is literally like:
Int 650 - Sweet sweet engine with average peripherals.
Leo 500 - Sweet sweet peripherals with average engine!

I have test ridden the Int 650 and that engine is an absolute charmer! Never though I could love an engine made by RE!

But then I look at the Leo 500, and see those 50mm USD forks, the better tyres, the twin discs up front, the mono-shock on the back, and the trellis frame. These things just give a huge amount of confidence when riding on sub-par roads!

I currently own a D390, and I absolutely love the kind of confidence that the bike inspires! The chassis, suspension, brakes, all give you a sense of security, which I feel the Leo 500 can offer, but the Int 650 can't.

Very confused at this point.
ashishk29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 14:09   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Int650 vs leoncino is literally like:
Int 650 - Sweet sweet engine with average peripherals.
Leo 500 - Sweet sweet peripherals with average engine

Very confused at this point.
Hope you watched this comparison video -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 16:07   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Hope you watched this comparison video -

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=S6A91LrkMvs

Yes I definitely have. It kinda confirms my view point. The Leo 500 doesn't match up the Int 650 in terms of torque, power delivery, or refinement.

Meanwhile, It handles better, brakes better, and costs more. That's kinda what increased the confusion.
Old 2nd October 2019, 20:21   #21
BHPian

I feel the Leonchino can not be compared with the RE650.
I haven't ridden either but they sure look to me as 2 very different motorcycles. The RE on its part is a proper Retro with spoke wheels, standard fuel tank, chrome stuff, telescopic forks etc and of course 650cc displacement. Whereas the (so called Italian) lion cub seems to be a mishmash of a naked bike with some hints of a scrambler and some looks of a power cruiser etc with a 500cc engine and front USD forks that can probably support a Triumph Rocket-3 and a front radial brake setup. At best the Leonchino can be put for comparison sake with may be a Dominar! Even there the Dominar should be better value for money.

And why cant Benelli come up with something more original. Probably the Chinese philosophy of copy paste... the Chinese make clones of everything from a Lexus RX350 to BMW X5 so not surprised the Italian brand is run the Chinese way! I dont know if anyone else has felt it but I think they took the blueprint of the Ducati Scrambler and decided to put other bits & pieces here and there to make something that just got lost in translation

To add to all that, Benelli has a front number plate bracket for all their models that resemble one of those huge welcome banners put up in a marriage pandal

Last edited by Haroon : 2nd October 2019 at 20:31.
Haroon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 13:32   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

BS6 Benelli Leoncino 500 launched, priced from Rs 4.60 lakh. It costs about Rs 20,000 less than the BS4 model. Bookings open for Rs 10,000.

Benelli Leoncino spied testing in India. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.79 Lakhs-20210218123756_bs6_benelli_leoncino_500.jpg

BS6 Benelli Leoncino features similar styling and hardware. Peak power and torque figures remain the same.

Quote:
The BS6 Benelli Leoncino 500 is powered by a 500cc inline-twin engine and peak output figures of 47.5hp at 8,000rpm and 46Nm at 6,000rpm remain the same as well.

The bike is also available in a Leoncino Red colour scheme that will set you back by another Rs 10,000.
Source
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks