Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2021, 22:41   #526
BHPian

Re: Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek3001 View Post
Well, you might be surprised to know that the Xpulse is only rated to carry a measly 130 Kgs. So, you may not face the scraping issues while riding solo.

Attachment 2130270
Wow, it's really surprising, but the centre stand still does scrape on the lowest of the speed breakers at the slowest of speed with a sub 50kg pillion. Anyway, the final choice is yours. If you are sure about going for it, then offcourse it's a good addition for basic maintenance and puncture repair, but do keep in mind the scrapping issue.

Regards,
DevOnWheels
Old 9th March 2021, 12:01   #527
BHPian

If anyone is looking to buy an Xpulse, or other Hero bikes/parts, and hitting the wall of famously unhelpful dealerships, Hero has a ridiculously named website called HGPMart. I had no idea that it existed, but the great thing about it is that you can choose a bike, then look up each individual dealership around you to see if it's in stock. With the Xpulse stocks running out for some reason, it's a great resource for finding machines at obscure locations.
RiderZone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 14:53   #528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevOnWheels View Post
Wow, it's really surprising, but the centre stand still does scrape on the lowest of the speed breakers at the slowest of speed with a sub 50kg pillion. Anyway, the final choice is yours. If you are sure about going for it, then offcourse it's a good addition for basic maintenance and puncture repair, but do keep in mind the scrapping issue.

Regards,
DevOnWheels
This claim is really hard to believe if the vehicle suspension is in OK condition and ofcourse the Rider isn't a 150Kg guy.

Please have your bike checked at an Authorised Hero Dealership and have a word with the MCC regarding this and ask him to make a VTR of the same and communicate to the TM-Service. Please mention the above acronyms. He will understand.

Also mention exactly the above case- "Smallest of Speed Breakers"." Pillion Weight". "Rider Weight".
navpreet318 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 15:13   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
This claim is really hard to believe if the vehicle suspension is in OK condition and ofcourse the Rider isn't a 150Kg guy.

Please have your bike checked at an Authorised Hero Dealership and have a word with the MCC regarding this and ask him to make a VTR of the same and communicate to the TM-Service. Please mention the above acronyms. He will understand.

Also mention exactly the above case- "Smallest of Speed Breakers"." Pillion Weight". "Rider Weight".
The scrapping is only with the centre stand. Before installing it the bike never had this issue. Infact while installing it the service center guy warned be that Ground Clearance will be compromised. I still went ahead with it and now facing this problem. The suspension otherwise feels fine. I even tried adjusting the suspension to its stiffest setting and the scrapping reduced a lot, but it becomes too stiff for solo riding. Currently it's in stock setting of 5th step.

Also myself(the rider) is below 80kg, not 150.

Anyways, thanks for the suggestion. Will definitely get it checked at the dealership.

Would also like to hear from fellow owners who have installed the centre stand.

Regards,
DevOnWheels
Old 9th March 2021, 15:25   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Would also like to hear from fellow owners who have installed the centre stand.
I just checked with my CCM and he says we have installed in a few BS6 bikes. While ofcourse the Ground Clearance will reduce owing to an additional hanging item fitted but he hasn't heard the speed-breaker scraping problem from any of the owners.
And yes the suspension setting are all medium factory setting for almost all bikes.
That's the reason I suggested you get it checked thoroughly. Also do check the underside and take note of the exact spot which hits the speed breakers. There should be substantial Scratching of paint on that black main stand since it hits almost all speed breakers. Maybe also rusting due to paint being scratched off.
Old 10th March 2021, 11:47   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would it be possible for you to check and let us know by how much approx the ground clearance is reduced? Stock bike GC is 220mm i think (without center stand). I am also planning to get a center stand for the bike hence the query. Also, i remember we few weeks back we had gone for a ride where we did fairly good offloading. One of the group bike had center stand but i dont remember him complaining of it scrapping anywhere.
Another approach could be to remove the center stand if one is going for serious offroading, as removing the center stand is fairly simple. Many service centers just install one for service purpose, to keep the bike straight.
Attached Thumbnails
Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-untitled1.jpg  

nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 12:52   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Would it be possible for you to check and let us know by how much approx the ground clearance is reduced? Stock bike GC is 220mm i think (without center stand). I am also planning to get a center stand for the bike hence the query. Also, i remember we few weeks back we had gone for a ride where we did fairly good offloading. One of the group bike had center stand but i dont remember him complaining of it scrapping anywhere.
Another approach could be to remove the center stand if one is going for serious offroading, as removing the center stand is fairly simple. Many service centers just install one for service purpose, to keep the bike straight.
The stock ground clearance as per brochure is 220mm and actual measurement is also same (215) measured at the bash plate upfront. With a 60kg rider and 60kg pillion its 180mm at the bash plate but "hold your breath" its 85mm at the center stand.

The measurements are done with the suspension in stock setting of 5th step.

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-centre-stand-5.jpeg

Quote:
I just checked with my CCM and he says we have installed in a few BS6 bikes. While ofcourse the Ground Clearance will reduce owing to an additional hanging item fitted but he hasn't heard the speed-breaker scraping problem from any of the owners.
And yes the suspension setting are all medium factory setting for almost all bikes.
That's the reason I suggested you get it checked thoroughly. Also do check the underside and take note of the exact spot which hits the speed breakers. There should be substantial Scratching of paint on that black main stand since it hits almost all speed breakers. Maybe also rusting due to paint being scratched off.
I also haven't faced any issue while riding solo, infact I have climbed a few small road dividers also without scrapping, but once a pillion is there the whole scenario changes.

Attached photos for your reference.

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-centre-stand-1.jpeg

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-centra-stand-2.jpeg

The portion scrapping is encircled.

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-centre-stand-3.jpeg

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-centre-stand-4.jpeg
DevOnWheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 14:14   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The stock ground clearance as per brochure is 220mm and actual measurement is also same (215) measured at the bash plate upfront. With a 60kg rider and 60kg pillion its 180mm at the bash plate but "hold your breath" its 85mm at the center stand.
Thanks!
Even my friend who has a center stand said the same. With pillion it touches speed breakers, but solo he is never scrapped it even during off roading. So seems like payload is the issue.
One more question. when the center stand is at 85mm above the ground, is there scope for the the stand to move further up lets say if we try and pull it towards top? Asking this cos if there is more space for the center stand to move up, it would do less damage. Will go ahead with one anyways as its not too expensive to begin with, and bike is hardly used with pillion.
nasirkaka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 14:26   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Thanks!
Even my friend who has a center stand said the same. With pillion it touches speed breakers, but solo he is never scrapped it even during off roading. So seems like payload is the issue.
One more question. when the center stand is at 85mm above the ground, is there scope for the the stand to move further up lets say if we try and pull it towards top? Asking this cos if there is more space for the center stand to move up, it would do less damage. Will go ahead with one anyways as its not too expensive to begin with, and bike is hardly used with pillion.
No, there's no scope to move the centre stand upwards as there's a metal bracket and a rubber stopper to prevent the stand from going up.
Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img_20210310_141941049.jpg

Also if the bracket is cut and relocated to allow for the stand to move upwards then the left leg of the stand will touch the chain as there's not much clearance available.
Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img_20210310_141959367.jpg

Regards,
DevOnWheels
DevOnWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 14:38   #535
Senior - BHPian

Center stands in general had always been a hindrance on offroading/adv bikes w.r.t GC hence not provided on stock bike. It does help with maintenance and general keeping of bike though.
I have installed an after-market center stand on the 310gs which does scrape the ground, but only during xtreme offroading where surface undulations are deep. The scrapping happens mostly as center stand pivots and moves down a bit with the jerk induced by the bike. I usually pull the center stand up and tie it to the pillions foot rest frame with a lace. Thats solves the issue mostly. Something like in the pic below:
Attached Thumbnails
Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-untitled1.jpg  

Last edited by nasirkaka : 10th March 2021 at 14:45.
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 16:10   #536
Senior - BHPian

The point of scrapping that you're mentioning is adjacent to the tire. I'm frankly unable to understand how that point is scrapping.
Any speedbreaker is curved and the rear tire starts rising on that curve further reducing the possibility of scrapping.
Another issue could be a loose spring which should be taken care of by the workshop. Please have it checked.

I will have it checked at my end as well since yesterday my MCC did tell me after installing on a stock bike that the ground clearance does get reduced.
Still I have asked him to check customer bikes for scrapping issue.
Old 10th March 2021, 16:20   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
If anyone is looking to buy an Xpulse, or other Hero bikes/parts, and hitting the wall of famously unhelpful dealerships, Hero has a ridiculously named website called HGPMart. I had no idea that it existed, but the great thing about it is that you can choose a bike, then look up each individual dealership around you to see if it's in stock. With the Xpulse stocks running out for some reason, it's a great resource for finding machines at obscure locations.
Checked the website, but other than the bike and Smart Connect kit nothing is available for Xpulse. Parts and accessories for older 100cc/125cc bikes and scooters are only available. The website doesn't even know the variants/ models of Xpulse.

Regards,
Devarsi Nandi
Old 10th March 2021, 16:54   #538
BHPian

Quote:
The point of scrapping that you're mentioning is adjacent to the tire. I'm frankly unable to understand how that point is scrapping.
Any speedbreaker is curved and the rear tire starts rising on that curve further reducing the possibility of scrapping.
Another issue could be a loose spring which should be taken care of by the workshop. Please have it checked.

I will have it checked at my end as well since yesterday my MCC did tell me after installing on a stock bike that the ground clearance does get reduced.
Still I have asked him to check customer bikes for scrapping issue.

Thanks for taking the interest.

The stand scrapes just before the rear tyre starts climbing the speed breaker.

As per IRC(Indian Road Congress) the height of speed breakers should be 100mm and everybody knows that not even 10% of the speed breakers are made as per IRC specification. Hence, all speed breakers are upwards of 120-130mm. Also, since the Ground clearance at the stand is only 85mm that too at stand still with 120kg payload, it further reduces when the suspension compresses once the front wheel crosses the speed breaker to say 60-65mm.

For reference.
Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-centre-stand-1-edit.jpeg
DevOnWheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 17:16   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
Trying to learn how to get off the bike before it stops, and then stand on the pegs before it gets moving, never felt that height-challenged before
This cracked me up. Wishing many happy miles to you. Try woodland leather boots as they have 2inch heels.
https://www.woodlandworldwide.com/co...footwear/boots

Seat redesigning may also gain you an additional inch or so.
Sran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 18:22   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Checked the website, but other than the bike and Smart Connect kit nothing is available for Xpulse. Parts and accessories for older 100cc/125cc bikes and scooters are only available. The website doesn't even know the variants/ models of Xpulse.

Regards,
Devarsi Nandi
It's Hero in the end, you literally have to beg them to take your money and sell you something. I found the site useful because it helped me find stock where all showrooms around Chandigarh essentially told me to stop bothering them, "We'll call you when we have an Xpulse".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
This cracked me up. Wishing many happy miles to you. Try woodland leather boots as they have 2inch heels.
https://www.woodlandworldwide.com/co...footwear/boots

Seat redesigning may also gain you an additional inch or so.
Well I do have the stock suspension lying around, I think I'll just duct tape it to my boots, that ought to help

I don't mind the height troubles to be honest, it's just a hurdle to get over. It will help stop me from paddling around like a one-legged duck, staying on the pegs and controlling things from there is the ideal way isn't it. Sure I'll drop it a few times because of it, but that's the fun of this machine.
RiderZone is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed