Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2017, 22:43   #31
BANNED

Re: Buraq: My Aprilia SR 150

Buraq's 1st Refill: -

So a hundred and fifty four kilometres later, it was time for Buraq to get his 6.4 litre belly refilled and here is what he drank.

Buraq: My Aprilia SR 150-1st-refuel.jpg

Which translates to an FE figure of around 33kmpl, which includes a pillion ride of around 50km in traffic today coupled with zero highway rides so far.

Not bad eh..!!!
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 23:18   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

1. Reverse the AHO and install a headlight switch so that I can switch off my headlights when I want to.
Can you describe the exact procedure followed as I intend to get this done on my Sr150 too. Thanks.
Old 3rd November 2017, 09:48   #33
Senior - BHPian

Headlight pics and spread
PS- I have named him Luigi
Attached Thumbnails
Buraq: My Aprilia SR 150-sr_1.jpg  

Buraq: My Aprilia SR 150-sr_2.jpg  

Buraq: My Aprilia SR 150-sr_3.jpg  

rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 21:09   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Can you describe the exact procedure followed as I intend to get this done on my Sr150 too. Thanks.
The wiring harness to enable to HL ON & OFF is available near the dummy switch, however, the pilot lamps, IP lamps, number plate lamp and the tail lamp are directly enabled via the ignition key and would take greater changes to the wiring to bypass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Headlight pics and spread
OMG, that's crazy spread. Can you please post detailed photos of both the high and the low beam please?
Old 4th November 2017, 21:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The wiring harness to enable to HL ON & OFF is available near the dummy switch, however, the pilot lamps, IP lamps, number plate lamp and the tail lamp are directly enabled via the ignition key and would take greater changes to the wiring to bypass
I'm not sure it is worth taking a risk to install this switch, as it disrupts the main wiring. The technical team at my dealership is also not too competent to carry out this modification. But I am not too happy with the AHO feature as the continuous bulb heat can melt the headlight fiberglass. What do you reckon?

OT: I have few questions:
1.) Brochure says the exhausts of SR150 and SR150 Race differ, later being a race boom exhaust. Did you notice the difference in the sound and performance of exhaust ?
2.) Brochure also says SR150 Race has higher acceleration. Did you experience this?
3.) What brand of stock tyres did your SR150 come with ? My SR150 Race came with Vee Rubber Tubeless Tyres (http://www.veerubber.co.th/2016/) which are a bit hard compound tyres in my opinion and also Thai made !!!
Thanks in advance

Last edited by hillram : 4th November 2017 at 21:56.
Old 4th November 2017, 22:07   #36
BANNED

Quote:
I'm not sure it is worth taking a risk to install this switch, as it disrupts the main wiring.
So what? The SR is no BMW which has a lot of complex wiring in the first place. It is a scooter made in India for Indian conditions and I do not foresee any adverse affects as long as the wiring it properly routed and taped. Of course, it is upto to you since it is your vehicle after all.

Quote:
But I am not too happy with the AHO feature as the continuous bulb heat can melt the headlight fiberglass. What do you reckon?
I concur. I have spoken to a few owners who have the AHO and they agree that the headlamp unit becomes hot to the touch due to the AHO. The long term affect of this heat is yet to be proven though, because most scoots are turned off after, say, a 40-60 min ride within the city.

Quote:
1.) Brochure says the exhausts of SR150 and SR150 Race differ, later being a race boom exhaust. Did you notice the difference in the sound and performance of exhaust ?
2.) Brochure also says SR150 Race has higher acceleration. Did you experience this?
3.) What brand of stock tyres did your SR150 come with ? My SR150 Race came with Vee Rubber Tubeless Tyres (http://www.veerubber.co.th/2016/) which are a bit hard compound tyres in my opinion and also Thai made !!!
Thanks in advance
1. The exhaust sound is different. The Race sounds, vocal and sportier.

2. It does, and I got to experience it luckily since I was able to ride one on the NICE road. It is not fast enough to make its difference felt in day to day use but if you were to do a drag, you will feel the difference. The downside is that the Race runs out of top whack quicker since the quicker acceleration is achieved by making the gearing shorter.

3. The same, Vee Rubber tubeless. I don't really bother about the country of manufacture but yes, the compound is hard. I will replace them with a softer brand once these wear out. Also, I ride with 26/28, which is lower than the recommended tire pressure and hence, even though Buraq doesn't like Bangalore craters, he adjusts to them.

1st Rattle So today, with Buraq's odometer nudging 200km, I wanted to do a few quick checks on how he is holding against Bangalore moonscapes. While the infamous rear wheel rattle was not present (yet), there is distinctive rattle within the handlebar nacelle. I am pretty sure it is some connector touching the nacelle and hence am not too bothered even though it is pretty noisy.

I will get it rectified in the first service. That apart, everything seems fine so far.
Old 4th November 2017, 22:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for your clarifications..some reassurance I must say !!!

Quote:
there is distinctive rattle within the handlebar nacelle. I am pretty sure it is some connector touching the nacelle and hence am not too bothered even though it is pretty noisy.
I will get it rectified in the first service. That apart, everything seems fine so far.
Hey i too noticed a rattle with in the handlebar nacelle, while riding over some potholes, and I'm just 4 days and 50 kms old !!!
What is this rear wheel rattle?
Old 4th November 2017, 22:59   #38
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance
Ok comparing the two - SR 150 and SR 150 Race

1) Idling-wise and Riding wise Race is smoother
2) Suspension is a tad bit softer
3) As per my knowledge there is a difference in the gearbox and this can be added to the standard SR by a kit worth Rs. 8000 approx.
4) The boom exhaust is an additional accessory and the difference in sound is a mere effect of the change in gearing

Basically, the Race is a customer feedback altered version of the SR. The tires are the same, though some lots of the Race do get a different variant, but not a design change. (these tires cost a whopping 3k for replacement as per the service centre)

PS: I am pretty sure about this as I am comparing SR 150 (year old), SR 150 ( month old) and SR 150 Race (Mine - A month old)

PS: Ridden about 800kms. Goes about 220-230kms a tankful. Had the first service done at Motoplex, Pune two weeks back. Bike is like makkhan ever since!

Happy Riding!
Old 5th November 2017, 05:48   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks in advance
These tires are pretty good when the weather is dry, hillram. Get them upto temperature and they really stick to the road which is one of the reasons why the bike handles so well. Welcome to the SR clan!
Old 5th November 2017, 16:19   #40
Senior - BHPian

Is there some place behind the Headlight cluster for a Driver and ribbon type heatsink of an LED bulb ?
Old 5th November 2017, 22:32   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Is there some place behind the Headlight cluster for a Driver and ribbon type heatsink of an LED bulb ?
Yes there is. What is the intent?

Quote:
What is this rear wheel rattle?
I remember reading on a different forum that there have been instances where customers have experienced a rattle at the rear wheel like steel balls put inside a tin can and dealers have been pro-actively replacing the rear wheel assembly.

PS: I have no clue as to how a weak rim can make this kind of sound.

Last edited by n.devdath : 5th November 2017 at 22:35.
Old 7th November 2017, 11:52   #42
BHPian

Congratulations n.devdath on the Buraq. I also stay in your neighborhood and coincidentally, looking for a scooter for my father. Some of the little things mentioned on this thread have been noted. Will surely reach out to you when the time comes to buy the scooter.

Planning to schedule a td over the weekend. Do let me know if it's worth to go all the way to Shivajinagar or to prefer the Koramangala one.
Old 7th November 2017, 12:11   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
I have installed a Phillips LED bulb. The heat sink is screwed on to the LED body. All I had to do is to-
1-Loosen and remove the Heat sink
2-Insert the LED and secure it on the bulb holder
3-Attach the bulb securing pin
4-Attach the dust cover
5- Insert and tighten the heat sink on the LED (installation done as per the manufacturers instruction)
I secured the LED controller onto the Chassis with a cable tie.
Hope this is helpful.
Quote:
I remember reading on a different forum that there have been instances where customers have experienced a rattle at the rear wheel like steel balls put inside a tin can and dealers have been pro-actively replacing the rear wheel assembly.
I am currently suffering from this issue.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 7th November 2017 at 12:13. Reason: Additional Info
Old 9th November 2017, 12:32   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead148 View Post
Planning to schedule a td over the weekend. Do let me know if it's worth to go all the way to Shivajinagar or to prefer the Koramangala one.
All TD's are generally given over a short distance due to the location of the showrooms and the consequent traffic. However, I'd recommend you take out time and go to the showroom I purchased Buraq from, since the MD is professional and I can put a word across to him as well so that you get a detailed TD.

Let me know if you need any further help/inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I am currently suffering from this issue.
Have you reached out to the dealer?
Old 9th November 2017, 12:51   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have you reached out to the dealer?
Yes I did point out the issue. He recommended to change the wheel during next service, which is in Jan 2018.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks