Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2017, 09:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: For the love of riding : My Suzuki Access 125!

Congratulations on your new ride. The Red looks superb in pictures. Access have excellent shades, though blue stands apart. The red is looking equally good.

Small correction, Activa 125 comes with telescopic fronts.
fz_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 11:20   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Thank you! From where did you get this floor mat?
I bought it from local accessories stores, it just came in recently. I was inquiring every now and then after I bought the scooter, but was unavailable till now. Try to find it nearby, if not, I will ask the local store if they can courier or not.

For the love of riding : My Suzuki Access 125!-20170331_094632.jpg

For the love of riding : My Suzuki Access 125!-20170331_094646.jpg
Sparky is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 11:52   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruchitya View Post
You would appreciate the firmer seats on bad roads. Soft seat of my Wego gives me back ache over humps and potholes. Wish you and your wife many safe miles on her!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhopudey View Post
Just to make sure, please check in the form 22 filled out by the dealer.
Okay, will check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avikbrio View Post
Congrats on your new purchase.

I had the Access 125 from July 2016- Jan 2017, after which I had to sell it because the Bangalore roads were breaking my back, and I also wanted to get a bike for long distance trips.

During this brief time with it, I absolutely enjoyed this machine. The pickup is very addictive, and as you said, it masks the speed very well. It can easily reach 70-80 kph in a jiffy, without any issues of stability.

You mentioned that the under seat storage doesn't take a full face helmet? Well, that's weird because mine does it without any issues (Studds Professional Full Face helmet).
Thank you! I use CROSS XL size helmet and it does not fit in. May be yours is a size smaller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Congratulations on your new ride. The Red looks superb in pictures. Access have excellent shades, though blue stands apart. The red is looking equally good.

Small correction, Activa 125 comes with telescopic fronts.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I bought it from local accessories stores, it just came in recently. I was inquiring every now and then after I bought the scooter, but was unavailable till now. Try to find it nearby, if not, I will ask the local store if they can courier or not.
Ohh, looks good to me. I will inquire. Thank you!

Last edited by StepUP! : 31st March 2017 at 11:53.
Old 10th April 2017, 18:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thank you! I use CROSS XL size helmet and it does not fit in. May be yours is a size smaller?
I have the old gen access and even in that, the full face helmet doesn't sit straight down. You need to place is crossed. Try and see if that gets your cross helmet to fit.

Congratulations on the new ride. I am sure you will enjoy years of trouble free rides.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 11:22   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Congrats on the new scoot StepUP!!

Can you tell us if this is headlamp on switch ?
Quote:
Just to make sure, please check in the form 22 filled out by the dealer.
It is BS 4 engine. I received RC which mentions BS IV.
One more blunder by dealer. My Access' color on RC is grey
Attached Thumbnails
For the love of riding : My Suzuki Access 125!-img_20170418_091021085_burst000_cover_top.jpg  

Old 18th April 2017, 21:25   #21
BHPian

Quote:
It is BS 4 engine.
That's really great! I didn't check before buying and am stuck with a bs-3. :(.
I got my 1st month service done on Sunday. Changed the engine oil, and removed the irritating buzzer. That was another stupid mistake from my side. I paid 50 bucks to install the buzzer and another 50 to remove it! D'oh!
Old 19th April 2017, 10:05   #22
BHPian

Quote:
That's really great! I didn't check before buying and am stuck with a bs-3. :(.
I got my 1st month service done on Sunday. Changed the engine oil, and removed the irritating buzzer. That was another stupid mistake from my side. I paid 50 bucks to install the buzzer and another 50 to remove it! D'oh!
When did you buy? My Access is Nov 2016 manufactured as per the RC and it is BS IV. Also not sure if new Access sold after 31st March is having AHO function as per the norms.
Old 19th April 2017, 14:02   #23
BHPian

I bought it in March! Got a Jan 17 model. Anyway, apart from being bs-3, it is an excellent scooter.
Old 11th December 2017, 15:27   #24
BHPian

Does Access have combi-braking? Like Honda or TVS?
Old 19th December 2017, 10:34   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhadtarapore View Post
Does Access have combi-braking? Like Honda or TVS?
No, it does not have combi braking. However, the brake (disc) is pretty effective for the scooter.
Crankpin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 23:31   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing the ownership review. Hows the scooter fairing in the last 1 year?

I read through the shortlisting, but could you tell me what made you reject the Jupiter?

Please throw some light on the FE & service costs.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 23:45   #27
Senior - BHPian

Great choice of ride! I myself got the access for commuting and kept my duke for weekend rides, Ironically have taken my access on multiple 100+ km weekend rides. On good roads this can munch miles like regular motorcycles !!!

Mine is the disc variant though, anyone comfortable should definitely opt for it, best feedback on any budget bike/scooter.

Video of mine hitting 95+ on the speed while being very stable.
Old 17th March 2018, 22:18   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Thanks for sharing the ownership review. Hows the scooter fairing in the last 1 year?

I read through the shortlisting, but could you tell me what made you reject the Jupiter?

Please throw some light on the FE & service costs.
Hello! Access is serving as expected since last one year. Build quality is good. No rattles or dangling parts. Starts without choke and in one tap in any season. Storage pocket and hook are proving very useful for errands. Seat is long and accommodates 2 adults and a kid comfortably.
Engine is further smoothed and have become peppier, handling is great, she really pulls clean when loaded as well. No signs of any engine stress. Have covered 4000kms so far. All in city. Recently completed her 5th servicing which was paid. I changed engine oil and gear oil as recommended. Bill was around 700 which includes 120 GST.
Free servicing costs around 200 which is engine oil charge.
I was given 3M's petrol additive each time while servicing my scoot. Well they say it makes engine smoother and aids fuel efficiency. I agree on later part.
Fuel efficiency has certainly improved as mileage climbed. Initially i used to get 40-45kmpl which has now gone up to 55kmpl. Considering power at tap and daily city usage, i have no complaints. This is with regular fuel.

My only grouse is with the suspension. Scoot is great handler for which ride is compromised. Solo riding on bad roads is tiring. Ride improves with the load and is perfect on good roads. But small potholes, rough patches are directly transfered and felt. May be 10" rear wheel to blame as well. It should have been sprung on softer side. Seat cushion is also firmer.

Jupiter is a nice scooter. Nothing to complain. Smooth engine, soft seat, comfortable suspension, good on features, value for money. It was my second choice. Only reason I chose Access over Jupiter is Suzuki's powerful engine. You can easily spot the difference if you ride both the scooters back to back.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by StepUP! : 17th March 2018 at 22:21.
StepUP! is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th April 2018, 20:20   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
You can add after-market floor mat if you are an extra care person like me. It costed me Rs.100, it just sits on the floor, no bolting or clipping. And while getting RTO plates, if you want to avoid drilling front plastic, you can add two clamps in space between center plastic and nose bumper. The place can be riveted on those clamps, looks nice too.
Hi StepUp, great review on your Access. Hope you cover many miles on your Red machine!! I am on the verge of booking one albeit in Deep Blue shade with Disc

Hey Sparky, this post of yours excited me a bit. Can you share more on the number plate concept you have mentioned above. Looking to avoid any drilling on the front panel this way. Not sure if the guys in Bangalore have such ideas for mounting the plate.

Cheers
srinath34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 11:22   #30
BHPian

I purchased my deep blue access a month ago and the experience has been great. Most times I can't even make out if the engine is on - it's so smooth and refined!
The metallic blue shade glitters in the sun and looks nice.

Suspension is a bit hard, but (coming from bikes), I ride with my feet on the footpegs and not on the floorboard - helps me to stand a little when going over undulations.

Brakes are good, but tyres aren't that grippy. Have to be very alert about the kind of road surface we are riding on. Horrible in gravel - use progressive braking, pumping brakes slightly. Scooter maintains it's balance very well though. Doesn't lean that great (not sure if this scoot is designed to lean at all).

The underseat storage swallows up my full face LS2 helmet, a microfiber cloth, manual, toolkit and other documents! It's awesome.

My only gripes with the scoot are:
Feeble horn - but considering the noise people are making about erm, noise pollution, I think I'll live with that.
The seat cover the showroom has installed is very slippery. It's made of nylon and everytime I brake, I slide in the front. Will get it replaced soon. Also thinking of getting some type of bucket seat made for this at a seat shop in Andheri. Let's see, that is long term plan.
farhadtarapore is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks