Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2019, 19:47   #766
Senior - BHPian

I have added 4 accessories to my Jawa 42. Centre Stand--Rs. 1000, crash guard - Rs. 1499, hammerhead handle- Rs. 1000, helmet carrier-Rs.600.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-1561472162358.jpg  

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-1561472175257.jpg  

getsurya is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 21:36   #767
BHPian

Re: Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
I have added 4 accessories to my Jawa 42. Centre Stand--Rs. 1000, crash guard - Rs. 1499, hammerhead handle- Rs. 1000, helmet carrier-Rs.600.
Off the topic, but may I say that Classic Legends is squeezing it's customers by charging such exorbitant rates for accessories.
Ashley Nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 22:08   #768
BHPian

With regard to my delivery experience which I wrote earlier in this thread, I dropped a tweet at Mr.Anupam Thareja's tweeter handle which was promptly responded by him. This was followed by frantic calls from the Area Manager and the owner of Classic Auto Siliguri. From this what becomes evident is Classic Legends commitment to keep the bike allocation transparent. They are indeed committed to ensure that the booking queue is strictly adhered but the same may not be true at the dealership level. Hence, I urge my fellow Jawa lovers to be consistent in their follow-up of the delivery of their Jawa.
As far as the detailed review of the bike, I have just ridden 138 kms on the odometer due to my son being acutely unwell. The experience so far has been good. It corners well, feels planted and is adequately powered although this is no Mojo. One shortcoming, I have noticed is the erratic fuel meter. It doesn't indicate the fuel level correctly especially after the bike was ridden in a downpour. Please bear with me, I shall give a detailed account of the bike once I pile up a respectable mileage in the odometer.
maverickrider00 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th June 2019, 06:50   #769
Senior - BHPian

Agree on the double on what you said, Maverick rider00.

Even, my bike's fuel Guage is faulty. I have informed my dealer and he said he will take care of it.
Old 1st July 2019, 06:28   #770
Senior - BHPian

I have submitted my thread to Assembly line and is under moderators consideration. I have tried giving the full view, for now in the thread.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 06:54   #771
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickrider00 View Post
One shortcoming, I have noticed is the erratic fuel meter.
Quote:
Even, my bike's fuel Guage is faulty. I have informed my dealer and he said he will take care of it.
Seems to be the flavor of recent bikes launched - even the RE twins have a very faulty gauge. I wonder if there are similar/same vendors in the play who's part(s) are causing this issue.

Quote:
I have submitted my thread to Assembly line and is under moderators consideration. I have tried giving the full view, for now in the thread.
Looking forward to it, and I'm sure I'm speaking for many on and off the forum The motorcycling fraternity is lacking a proper ownership report on the Jawa bikes, so you are definitely going to set a cat among the pigeons. If a member, I'd suggest sharing this with the XBHP forum too; people are dying to read an ownership report over there!
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 09:44   #772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
I wonder if there are similar/same vendors in the play who's part(s) are causing this issue.

Yes, most likely.

http://www.pricol.com/two-wheelers.aspx

http://www.pricol.com/clients.aspx

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 11:07   #773
R.G
BHPian

Last weekend I went for a couple of test rides . One was with my wife alone as the pillion rider and next with my 5 y/o kid and wife as pillion riders. The ride with my wife and kid was as almost a circus as the seat length is not adequate for that and more over there was no back rest on the test ride bike .This bike seat is not meant for the kid-in-the middle setup and no complaints on that front. There is no L shaped "sari guard - foot rest" available as accessory , which might be a problem for the pillion sitting side ways. The ride was plush with no false gear shifts this time and I enjoyed the control and acceleration thoroughly.

There were at least 15 motorbikes in their warehouse awaiting delivery. Most were Nebula Blue Jawa forty twos and two Jawas . Got to know that the Jawa production variant had a minor difference in the console display and the petrol tank cap. I do not have much information on what exactly they are. The service intervals are 6 months apart ( or at 5k and then at 10k ), if I am not wrong and 1.36 L synthetic oil is used. The service cost was mentioned to be around Rs.1200.

For the TVM folks , the service facility is diagonally opposite to the PRS hospital entrance , the first left turn next to hotel Annapoorna after we cross the bridge , when we travel from Chalai market/Killipaalam junction to Karamana. The bridge is before the hospital when we take this direction.

I was under the impression that only one of the exhaust was functional and the other was kept for aesthetics . Both are functional and the same originates from under the belly . The portion of the pipe that bends is for show /aesthetics . I am not sure if this information is already known or something very obvious , but it was new for me
R.G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 14:36   #774
BHPian

Someone customized their Jawa 42 with touring accessories and a split seat. The seat looks more comfortable than the stock setup and seems to be nicely done too.

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-customisedjawa42withaccessories11068x601.jpg

More here:
https://gaadiwaadi.com/customised-ja...nd-purposeful/
tchsvy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 09:35   #775
R.G
BHPian

A jawa has already made its way into second hand market. A 500 kms ridden jawa is listed in OLX , for may be for the same price of a fresh one from dealer. I wish the seller gives more details on the "Reason for sale".

Source : https://www.rushlane.com/jawa-motorc...-12315737.html

OLX link : https://www.olx.in/item/brand-new-ja...iid-1520893919

Last edited by R.G : 5th July 2019 at 09:46. Reason: Correction regarding price
Old 9th July 2019, 10:01   #776
BHPian

Spotted this brand new jawa outside my office in Chennai .Noticed updated dial and fuel filler cap design
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-1562646651598.jpg  

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-1562646664658.jpg  

IntoTheStorm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 11:02   #777
BHPian

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing. The updated dial does look nice. And the fuel filler cap is done very tastefully. Good stuff. However I'm still not sure of the position of the dial in the Jawa classic. I think if it have been angled and placed a bit lower in the headlamp cowl it would have made life easier to read it.
Old 9th July 2019, 11:35   #778
Senior - BHPian

The Jawa is such a looker. It is almost perfect!
I have only one gripe with the design. I wish they had made the piece under the seat that curves towards the engine, the same color as the rest of the bike and made of metal. In my opinion this is one of the most beautiful parts of the classic Jawa design.

This bit:
Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-screen-shot-20190708-11.01.01-pm.png

So that it looks like:

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-screen-shot-20190708-11.03.47-pm.png
rajushank84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 13:26   #779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
The Jawa is such a looker. It is almost perfect!
I have only one gripe with the design. I wish they had made the piece under the seat that curves towards the engine, the same color as the rest of the bike and made of metal. In my opinion this is one of the most beautiful parts of the classic Jawa design.
Would be a bit difficult to implement since the modern version has more number of gizmos. As the saying goes, old is gold, the older Jawas were simple in design.
Old 10th July 2019, 10:39   #780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Would be a bit difficult to implement since the modern version has more number of gizmos. As the saying goes, old is gold, the older Jawas were simple in design.
Hmm I am not getting. Why would having more gizmos make it more difficult to have that cover piece be made of metal instead of plastic, and painted the same color as the bike's body?
(even if not in metal, at least the same color instead of black)

Side note: I will buy a black bike just because of this, not joking. Still wish it were a metal cover piece though. Or if not metal, at least shiny plastic or fiber that looks cohesive with the rest of the bike.

Last edited by rajushank84 : 10th July 2019 at 10:44.

Most Viewed