Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2017, 10:08   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Royal Enfield Himalayan - Snow White

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Phrangmung View Post
The road is calling again and somehow two wheels feels more attractive now thanks to the Himalayans appeal.
Hello San,
For sure life is always calling to explore the mountains

Do have a read through our TL...Yes its in your backdoor. You are blessed to be in Guwahati in such serene settings.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...torcycles.html
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 11:49   #137
Senior - BHPian

With all the hoopla around the Himalayan, Am very happy to experience a different behavior so far. The bike has been idle since the start of this year due to my personal commitments and being a father. Could not spend much time on the saddle.

Took some time off the last week so that I could head to Goa (it was a co-incidence that it was rider mania weekend as well). Absolutely nothing was prepared and the bike was idle for a good 4-5 months. All that the bike had seen in these 4-5 months was around 50-60 kms.

Previous night of the ride, started her up and did a small spin in my home street. Noticed that she would be able to get me to Goa. Late morning rise meant that I had to catch up with my friends while they were having breakfast in Chitradurga. The bike was ridden hard which saw me reaching Chitradurga in a little less than two hours from Bangalore. Mileage returned was 17 kms to a liter. Sanity in the mileage was restored when I caught up with my group.

Return journey was easy with no events. Bike has been holding up extremely well and she crossed the 15K mark. So far so good, and I think a tire replacement for the rear is required shortly. Guess am lucky with my Himalaya as it is holding up very well.

My only grouse still remains...the ability to do a 120 Kays all day long. Hopefully with the twins coming, I aspire it comes in the Himalayan Frame. That should see my requirements being met.

Will I pick it up from the first lot? I have not spent time answering this question for myself.

Cheers, till I revert with an update next time.
ku69rd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 12:06   #138
Senior - BHPian

Finally Nov 14th happened, Eagerly attended the Twins Launch at HSR Services. Was awestruck with the vehicle once they started it.

Purely out of reflex my right hand reached for my debit card and I involuntarily walked up to the billing counter. Swiped the card for the advance booking of the Interceptor in Ravishing Red. Finally a longish test ride that the HSR was able to kindly offer sealed the deal for me.

The ability to do 120 Kays all day long and carry the speed into corners without feeling any flex or uncertainty made me think it was the right decision in the right spirits.

Mid or Long Term pains/gains needs to be waited and watched.

In the meantime, Himalayan left my garage sold. I was a bit grumpy since this machine was really good for touring across India, with the only grouse being the high speed cruising. No way could i keep both bikes in my garage. Attaching a parting snap of my Himalayan. Hopefully the new owner takes good care of it.

@mods, Please feel free to close this thread as there would be no more updates from me on this.

My Royal Enfield Himalayan - Snow White-img_20181222_174831.jpg
ku69rd is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks