Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2016, 18:21   #16
r.K
BHPian

Re: Report & Pics: India Bike Week 2016 @ Goa

Wow I have been waiting for this all week! I kept telling myself "Be patient, this will be put up soon. Team-BHP will have the best coverage. Just be patient".

Thanks Tushaar for this excellent coverage. I could imagine how it was there. Hoping to make it sometime in the coming years. Wonderful pictures.
r.K is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 18:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Tushar for the brilliant report and pics! Must have been a biker nirvana out there what with so many genre of bikes present under a single umbrella. Some of the modified RE's are droolworthy too. Its what is called , sone pe suhaaga! Goa plus bikes. Man I envy you!

But what pains me is that most of the riders are not wearing even a helmet forget about the complete gear. Not sure how dumb it is even if it was for the photo op! I am seeing all the MD's of the major brands as well as most of the women riders (and few men folks) wearing them though.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 19:27   #18
BHPian

Excellent pics. As a biker, I really enjoyed all the pictures there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
But what pains me is that most of the riders are not wearing even a helmet forget about the complete gear. Not sure how dumb it is even if it was for the photo op! I am seeing all the MD's of the major brands as well as most of the women riders (and few men folks) wearing them though.
I was about to type the same thing. Not a good sight to see all those people with those big bikes without even the basic safety gear. And the stuntmen with just the helmet. Come on guys, a riding jacket should have been on. No matter how good you are at stunts.

I guess people still need to understand that they look way more cool on a bike with full riding gear than without it.
farooq817 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 19:38   #19
BHPian

The thing that caught my eyes the most was the Akrapovic exhausts. Is there anywhere in India where we can buy 'off the shelves'. I would like to get one for my 2015 KTM Duke 200.
Old 24th February 2016, 19:45   #20
BHPian

Thank you, it was a virtual tour. It seems last year saw more and better custom build motorcycles. Dust, sad to see ducatis .
Gill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 21:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

Excellent coverage.

That last picture of a band, that looks like Girish Pradhan (Holding the microphone) from Girish and the Chronicles or GATC. For those in to hard rock, do not ever miss this band if they are playing in your city. Girish's voice can soar like no other in the Indian hard rock scene. I feel lucky and honored to have met the band members.

A important point that I forgot to add and this has more to do with the venue. If you observe the photographs close, you will notice dust settled on pretty much every thing that is on display. The DC Avanti is a mess. The loose red soil is the problem. You are going to kick up dust easily for an event like this. The organizers should put in some thought on how to solve this problem or consider a change of venue. Everyone wants their products/rides, to be well presented.

Last edited by GTO : 25th February 2016 at 10:43. Reason: Merging back to back posts
sandeepmohan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 10:52   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post
Excellent pics. As a biker, I really enjoyed all the pictures there.

I was about to type the same thing. Not a good sight to see all those people with those big bikes without even the basic safety gear. And the stuntmen with just the helmet. Come on guys, a riding jacket should have been on. No matter how good you are at stunts.

I guess people still need to understand that they look way more cool on a bike with full riding gear than without it.
The main point of parade being to look cool - I think its OK to be without full protective gear. Besides the speed would have been quiet slow.
The stunt guys though should have been riding in full gear.

But why do they hold the bike week in such dusty places every year? I am sure they can find a better location in Goa.
timuseravan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 13:10   #23
BHPian

Thanks Tushar! What a brilliant report, awesome pictures. Grand indeed!
The event seems to have been well organised, well packaged; notwithstanding the dusty venue. I am not a rider myself, but the whole event looks so impressive and inviting, that you want to be part of it. Long way to go for me though, need to get a bike first.
Jred is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 14:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

Awesome coverage of the event with some great pics! Thanks!

But like some other people said, sad to see people riding without a helmet - the most basic of gear. NO, it doesn't make a difference if you are "just riding in" to the event and the speeds were very less etc.
naveenroy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 14:12   #25
BHPian

Awesome coverage Tushar. Looking at all those bikes, brings back my memories with my Honda CBR600RR. I wish I had it still. I downgraded now to a scooter.

Report & Pics: India Bike Week 2016 @ Goa-img_9437.jpg
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 15:47   #26
BHPian

This should be rather called "Expensive bikes that a majority of India cannot afford" week
motorhead16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 18:23   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Very good coverage Tushar, Thanks.

The coverage details becomes evident when we see the photo of the guy on a KA registered Harley who has got a new set of fog lamps!

Surprised not to find any scooters! Last year's thread had scooters too. Weren't there any scooters this time?

Since an year, I have been wanting to ride to Goa in my scooter and I had planned to ride to IBW to 1, make it special and 2, because I would get good company too. But an unforeseen official foreign trip spoilt that.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 25th February 2016 at 18:27.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 21:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

Surprised to see Vespa not there this year. The venue is not as big a problem as the concept of Goa. Goa in February end is as hot as hell and super humid. That coupled with an open air venue is very uncomfortable. Hence you see a majority of riders without any gear. The dust issue is endemic to Goa, because of the loose soil. The organisers keep watering the ground, but after a while the dust rises covering everything with a red hue.
Old 26th February 2016, 00:51   #29
BHPian

Lovely pics. Visiting this event has been on my bucket list since a long time. Will cross it as soon as i upgrade my ride and fill my already Impoverished wallet.
emperorofindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 18:00   #30
BHPian

Thanks Tushar for this brilliant coverage.
All the pictures are beautiful and refreshing. The riders in action make me go drooling over those beauties.
I am a big fan of Ducati and those Scrambler range bikes seems inviting us to take them on a ride to Leh.
I noticed that some riders were wearing very funky (modified) helmets, but it is sad that some were without helmets (some kids too). Even they are not riding at very high speed, but with these very heavy bikes and that too in large numbers, a small mishap can be very harmful.
Amit_Kapoor4750 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks