Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2016, 18:10   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Navi: A scooter disguised as a bike

Nice product by Honda, but where will I keep the LPG cylinder or the gunny sack of rice/wheat/pulses?
alpha1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 20:24   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Nice product by Honda, but where will I keep the LPG cylinder or the gunny sack of rice/wheat/pulses?
Not every two wheeler is bought with the intention of hauling "LPG cylinder or the gunny sack of rice/wheat/pulses"

(and Thank God for that).

Last edited by payeng : 11th April 2016 at 20:26.
payeng is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 11:16   #63
BHPian

And the Honda Navi reviews have now started trickling in. Guess what? It seems to be a sleeper hit. Verdict from Overdrive - "The Navi is the most fun Honda on the market right now"

Zigwheels -
http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-adv...-review/25252/

Overdrive -
http://overdrive.in/reviews/honda-na...t-ride-review/
Old 12th April 2016, 11:33   #64
Senior - BHPian

Can we put a battery pack and put a motor in the front wheel and drive it in electric whenever required?

Looks really odd and unless they sell these in thousands, would look bring attention to the vehicle and its rider. I think in person it might look good with all the details.

With the design the way it is, does it add stability similar to a motorcycle since the wheels are still scooter like?

Last edited by srishiva : 12th April 2016 at 11:34.
Old 12th April 2016, 12:01   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Not every two wheeler is bought with the intention of hauling "LPG cylinder or the gunny sack of rice/wheat/pulses"

(and Thank God for that).
Oh well actually I see that I can definitely snug in a sack (where there is a huge cavity which is definitely an eyesore). Not sure about the gas cylinder though - will need to take measurements!
Old 13th April 2016, 10:30   #66
BHPian

Multiple auto sites are jumping to post ride reviews!
Found zigwheels to be most comprehensive

NAVI is new concept for india, I rode its sibling in Thailand an year back, i loved it, amazing cornering and smooth ride, ride height perfect for Indian Height under 5'6-5'4. Need to test ride this one.

However I seriously think, I would buy an electric bike of 1500W or 2000W that give me range of good range of 50-60kms and good take off acceleration which puts even powerful bikes to shame, also, if produced on sufficiently large scale, it can even be cheaper than NAVI

Old 16th April 2016, 15:45   #67
Senior - BHPian

My friend took the delivery of his Navi today. Here are some pics of his ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Navi: A scooter disguised as a bike-1460801645144.jpg  

Honda Navi: A scooter disguised as a bike-1460801677838.jpg  

Honda Navi: A scooter disguised as a bike-1460801693091.jpg  

Honda Navi: A scooter disguised as a bike-1460801712244.jpg  

unk9ja is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th April 2016, 16:27   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
My friend took the delivery of his Navi today. Here are some pics of his ride.
Does the bike have under-seat storage?

Got a call from Honda dealer informing me that the Navi will be officially launched in Hyderabad in first week of May and deliveries will be done starting 2nd May.
Old 16th April 2016, 17:39   #69
BHPian

Took a TD of the Navi earlier today at Didar motors Mount Road, Chennai.

Here are my observations:
- The looks of this scootacycle is quirky and funny.
- The paint quality is pretty ordinary
- The plastics quality and the meter console are a disappointment. ODO meter is probably from 80s or 90s - very basic, speed, turn indicator and headlight indication is available. No fuel gauge either.
- The handle lock is to the side simile to A TVS XL. All these show the cost cutting measures.
- The storage area can hold a regular helmet
- All the above short comings can be made up by the ride quality
- The engine felt peppier than Activa...may be due to lighter weight.
- It just feels like aTVS XL (in a good way) with a bit a flamboyance (plastic fairings). Of course it has a bigger engine than XL.
- Very nimble and easy to ride around in the city and can make sharp maneuvers easily.
- Doesn't have combi braking like other scooters in Honda. So lacks a bit of braking bite.
- there is as light engine vibration felt at initial take off acceleration but once in the roll it's quite smooth.
- Due to its form factor and seating position like a motorbike I was feeling for a brake under my right leg and also gear shifter under the left leg.

Overall it feels quite funny and has a character in both the looks department as well as ride.

Here are some pics

Honda Navi: A scooter disguised as a bike-imageuploadedbyteambhp1460810436.066780.jpg
Honda Navi: A scooter disguised as a bike-imageuploadedbyteambhp1460810447.859568.jpg
Honda Navi: A scooter disguised as a bike-imageuploadedbyteambhp1460810459.768776.jpg
Honda Navi: A scooter disguised as a bike-imageuploadedbyteambhp1460810473.921702.jpg
It has a small horn:
Honda Navi: A scooter disguised as a bike-imageuploadedbyteambhp1460810485.305450.jpg

Didar motors seem to have all colors available for delivery. And below is the quote:
Honda Navi: A scooter disguised as a bike-imageuploadedbyteambhp1460808298.736559.jpg
Even the basics like Number plates, side stand and rear footrests are charged extra.

The review from ACI is out and a very interesting video. Liked this review.

Last edited by bblost : 22nd April 2016 at 15:06. Reason: as requested
thatsdileep is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 15:01   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Most unsafe way to carry LPG Cylinder and you seem to be encouraging rather than advocating safety !!!! Mockery should have its limits.

Honda Navi comes with a safe carry box in the front which is to be purchased as an accessory as of now.
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 16:37   #71
BHPian

The Navi craze will die down soon as the bike is practically useless.
In Pune, Navi's price touches 50k. You get a proper scooter on paying Rs. 5 - 6000/- extra. Scooters with their flat floorboards and huge under seat storage are far more practical. There is neither under-seat storage nor a big enough floorboard on the Navi.

People who have already bought the Navi will get bored with this impractical set of tiny wheels and are bound to dispose it within the first six months. buying a pre-owned Navi at Rs.20000/- is the best option.

That is what the bike is worth. Winged mascot notwithstanding.

One still has to purchase a side stand as accessory and a carrying basket!!!!!!!

(I have also heard people having "IMAGE" problems while riding a Navi)

Last edited by AmarPaithankar : 22nd April 2016 at 16:39. Reason: adding content
AmarPaithankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2016, 01:02   #72

I am reading reviews on this and it looks like they all follow the script given to them from Honda. All the test bikes with these magazines are of same color. They are all told to say the same thing - It is a fun item! However every other reviewer adds their own twist as they do not want to look like they are completely sold off.. So, every one writes it is fun but.. (lots of buts). Anyways.. to me it should bring some thing more value add than cost cut like better suspension or bigger wheels or something more than to take away something practical from a typical scooter / activa
SatsMumbai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 09:17   #73
BHPian

Okay, so I had a look on the Honda Navi. This is my my first post on this thread. this is what I have to say:
  • This, is a crowd puller. The owner was simply flooded with questions ranging from "Kitna deti hai?" to "Where is the gear lever?" Phone cameras were busy clicking pictures of the orange sample that I saw and people were even taking selfies with the Navi! The Navi is a rare sight on our roads but i think the Indian market will accept it quite well once there are more rolling on the road.
  • Fit and finish is really good for the price. Paint quality seems to be nice too. Plastic panels look durable.
  • Speedometer doesn't match its character at all and looks horribly outdated!
  • Much, much less practical than a scooter.
  • The Navi has already found its target audience in the place where I live. The one that I saw was bought by a college student and his friends were to follow suite.
  • Honda should bring more products like these. Their other motorbikes in th recent past were all run-of-the-mill ones focusing mainly on mileage. I can see that changing with the Hornet and of course, the Navi! Trust me, Honda knows how to make fun machines, even if they are small and on a budget. My Dad's 6 year old 110CC Twister is still a blast while redlining. Considering the price that we bought her for, she has held up pretty well and I am all praises for the Twisty. People who have ridden this will agree that this is not your regular 100CC motorbike. Though not that legendary, the character of this bike is in the lines of an RX100!
  • I know of a lot of people who only buy scooters for their ease of riding. They don't want storage options or something in those lines. I can see that the Navi will be a hit with these people.
My cousin is very eager to book a Navi soon. Will update with his experiences if/when he gets his hands on it!

Keep revvin'
Neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 30th April 2016 at 09:19.
Old 30th April 2016, 09:51   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

I am seriously thinking of this as on option. The choice is between this and a beater nano for 50-60k(owing to the odd-even pogrom).
I know I am not going to get it, for sure. But that it even entered the equation after 8 years of not riding? there's some serious bang in the Navi.
Old 3rd May 2016, 20:42   #75
Senior - BHPian

Today I went to Orange Honda (Hyderabad Dealer where i booked my NAVI) and paid the full amount in cash (On Road Price) as the delivery is scheduled in another 24 hrs.
I also paid Rs.5000 extra for the accessories which include :
- Grab Rail
- Seat Cover
- Tank Pad
- Front Visor
- Headlight Guard
- Front suspension cover
- Under Guard
- Side Cover
- Graphics Set ( 6 Pcs)
The Accessories are expected in 1 week, which will be available in 3 colour options - Red, Orange and Green.
My Navi is going to be Patriot Red, hence accessories also will be in Red colour.
I expect to post a full ownership review in a week's time.
This is my first Honda joining my 2 Wheeler fleet, hence all the more anxiety !!!
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks