Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2016, 23:28   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CBR250RR concept shown at Tokyo. EDIT: Production version unveiled (page 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Would love to own both (mainly for the contrasting engine characteristics) if I had the Gandhis - I'd expect the CBR to be priced well over 5L OTR if at all it is launched here (CKD route).
Seems like the 250 RR will be priced much higher than it's competition in India if launched. No matter how good it will be, if it's not priced near the RC 390 I doubt if there will be any takers.

The 3.6 Lakhs Rs price in Indonesia is already a big disappointment.
Old 27th July 2016, 07:46   #32
BHPian

Re: Honda CBR250RR concept shown at Tokyo. EDIT: Production version unveiled (page 2)

Quote:
I'd expect the CBR to be priced well over 5L OTR if at all it is launched here (CKD route).
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Seems like the 250 RR will be priced much higher than it's competition in India if launched. No matter how good it will be, if it's not priced near the RC 390 I doubt if there will be any takers.

Quote:
The output of the engine is said to be 38 HP of peak power at over 12000 RPM and 23 Nm of peak torque.
Some videos show the speedo displaying 'Sport+'. It will most likely come with riding modes (First in segment).
Why INR 5L? The specs are more or less identical to the Ninja 300. The additions are ABS and throttle maps (knowing Honda, it might very well be a eco/sports mode gimmick) and I don't think either of them will be offered if it does come to India. I personally would never pay 5L for a 250cc parallel twin unless it is producing a gazzillion bhps/torque or is something exotic from the Italians.

Quote:
Two areas where it would have an advantage would be in terms of higher revving engine (14000 RPM redline vs 10500 RPM in RC 390), a bigger fuel tank(14.5l - much needed over RC's 9.5l) and throttle by wire (found only in Euro spec RC).
Higher redline = Higher top speed but the mid range grunt will suffer. The Duke/RC390 is brilliant in this aspect. Again, highly doubtful if the ride by wire is introduced here unless, KTM decides to pioneer it into this segment!

The thing we all agree upon is - Honda has to bring this to India to battle with the N300, R3 and the RC 390. CBR 250R is simply too old now! And we also agree that if Honda charges the 'Honda premiuim' and prices it at say INR 5L, I don't see why people would look beyond the other trio and buy the Honda!
We can only hope Honda brings a full stop to all our conspiracy theories soon!

Last edited by Porschefire : 27th July 2016 at 07:50.
Old 27th July 2016, 21:00   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post

Yep. Honda will never try to match KTM/Bajaj in terms of price. I'd expect the price to hit 50-75k ex-showroom over the KTM mainly because of
1. Honda premium
2. Imported engine. Honda is already importing the engine for the little CBR150R. So this bike will definitely have its engine imported from Japan (like what they're following in Indonesia).

Even though it won't get volumes like KTM, it will draw prospective customers from both KTM (who are concerned about Bajaj's quality or want more refinement) and R3/N300 (those who want something sportier/ because of lesser price) if it is locally manufactured.

If it is CKD, then the volumes will be so less that they may as well skip it, LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Why INR 5L? The specs are more or less identical to the Ninja 300. The additions are ABS and throttle maps (knowing Honda, it might very well be a eco/sports mode gimmick) and I don't think either of them will be offered if it does come to India. I personally would never pay 5L for a 250cc parallel twin unless it is producing a gazzillion bhps/torque or is something exotic from the Italians.
The main reason why I thought of 5L was because of the supposedly better hardware (better suspension, throttle by wire, ABS etc) and the Honda premium. The N300 already costs 4.3L in Karnataka. So, 60-70k premium for better hardware and brand is highly possible IMO. Also, it is expected that Honda will come up with a 300cc+ engine for the markets outside South East Asia (there was a CBR 350RR rumour in one of the Japanese magazines)

Quote:
Higher redline = Higher top speed but the mid range grunt will suffer. The Duke/RC390 is brilliant in this aspect. Again, highly doubtful if the ride by wire is introduced here unless, KTM decides to pioneer it into this segment!
I agree. I too prefer usable torque to torque stacked up high in the powerband (unless I'm going all out around the twisties). I forgot to mention the advantages of RC over CBR

Quote:
The thing we all agree upon is - Honda has to bring this to India to battle with the N300, R3 and the RC 390. CBR 250R is simply too old now! And we also agree that if Honda charges the 'Honda premiuim' and prices it at say INR 5L, I don't see why people would look beyond the other trio and buy the Honda!
We can only hope Honda brings a full stop to all our conspiracy theories soon!
I too hope that the bike lands here soon and is localized at least to the extent of undercutting the R3. Eagerly awaiting some first ride videos and to know the capacity of the engine for the rest of the world

Last edited by theredliner : 27th July 2016 at 21:01.
Old 29th July 2016, 10:13   #34
Senior - BHPian

More Images of the beauty

Honda CBR250RR concept shown at Tokyo. EDIT: Production version unveiled (page 2)-hondacbr250rrlaunchedjuly278.jpg

Honda CBR250RR concept shown at Tokyo. EDIT: Production version unveiled (page 2)-hondacbr250rrlaunchedjuly2710559x1024.jpg

Honda CBR250RR concept shown at Tokyo. EDIT: Production version unveiled (page 2)-hondacbr250rrlaunchedjuly2724.jpg

Honda CBR250RR concept shown at Tokyo. EDIT: Production version unveiled (page 2)-hondacbr250rrlaunchedjuly2725.jpg

Honda CBR250RR concept shown at Tokyo. EDIT: Production version unveiled (page 2)-hondacbr250rrlaunchedjuly2726.jpg

Honda CBR250RR concept shown at Tokyo. EDIT: Production version unveiled (page 2)-hondacbr250rrlaunchedjuly2727.jpg

Honda CBR250RR concept shown at Tokyo. EDIT: Production version unveiled (page 2)-hondacbr250rrlaunchedjuly2722.jpg

Honda CBR250RR concept shown at Tokyo. EDIT: Production version unveiled (page 2)-hondacbr250rrlaunchedjuly2721-1.jpg

Source: http://overdrive.in/news/image-galle...da-cbr250rr-2/
SnS_12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 08:55   #35
BHPian

Confirmed: Honda to not launch CBR250RR and CBR300R in India

Overdrive source

Quote:
Honda Motorcycles today confirmed that it would neither be launching the highly anticipated CBR250RR nor the CBR300R in the Indian market. Yadvinder Guleria, senior VP at HMSI, said that there would be other new products to be launched in India this year but not the aforementioned ones. He also confirmed that neither the CBR500 and its other iterations nor the Metropolitan would make it down here. This year, HMSI will be updating its entire range of motorcycles to meet the upcoming BS-IV emission norms as well as fit them with the soon-to-be mandatory AHO (All Time Headlamp On). The Honda CBR300R has been in the Indonesian markets for quite some time while the CBR250RR, which was unveiled recently, will be in showrooms there soon.
vin_b is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 11:03   #36
BHPian

In a way, this news has come as no surprise. I assume the Honda management felt that they would not be able to sell the required numbers to make it feasible to bring this motorcycle to our country; case in point, the low numbers sold of the CBR650F.

However, if it is true that Honda is working to create BS-4 emission compliant 2-wheelers from it's existing range then it probably means that none of the products designed for the Indonesian market would be compliant in India as the norms in Indonesia according to a friend in Bali are a good two generations behind India's.
Old 4th January 2022, 13:07   #37
BHPian

Invoking this long lost thread with a new FortNine Video of an old 90's Honda CBR250RR.

The sound of the inline 4 250 revving near the redline is so intoxicating, I had to share it!

Note : I am in no way associated with this youtuber.

Mods: Apologies if this is not the right thread for this post, kindly move to the right one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks