Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2017, 21:51   #151
BHPian

re: BMW G310R & G310GS launched at Rs. 2.99 - 3.49 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer & Anvil View Post
3.7L Ex Showroom is the current expected price.
Kawasaki Z-250 is one such bike which has a similar price tag. It is also aimed at a set of class rather than mass and surely the sales numbers are in single digit every month. This bike doesn't sell mainly because of the price tag.

Also the Inazuma, suffered the same fate due to pricing. But..

The advantage what BMW has unlike the above two, is that the bike is going to be manufactured / is being manufactured here in India itself. That should give them a price advantage. Also they sell this bike for about 3.5L outside India in exports which is lesser than the KTM 390 sold there (3.7L approx). Hence the pricing should hopefully be lower than the exports.

Here is the price comparison from UK for 310 and its competition.

Source

Asking for a price lower than the Duke 390 here would be asking for too much I guess ?
Attached Thumbnails
BMW G310R & G310GS launched at Rs. 2.99 - 3.49 lakh-1111.jpg  

The Great is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 11:44   #152
Senior - BHPian

The BMW and MT03 surely dont have a future in India. Considering how ridiculously loaded the Duke390 is around 3.7l on road and the fact that KTM itself is considered a premium bike, the BMW and MT03 really need to think beyond price. And by that, i mean pricing these bikes near the duke and going beyond what duke offers now for the wow quotient is the least!
Nilesh5417 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 14:37   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
The BMW and MT03 surely dont have a future in India. Considering how ridiculously loaded the Duke390 is around 3.7l on road and the fact that KTM itself is considered a premium bike, the BMW and MT03 really need to think beyond price. And by that, i mean pricing these bikes near the duke and going beyond what duke offers now for the wow quotient is the least!
They are just banking on BMW name to sell the bikes, what they don't understand is that the buyer who is going to spend 3 lacs+ is an infromed buyer, he will do his maths. I don't personally think the bike will end less then 4.5 Lacs OTR in bangalore, pitting it directly against the Ninja 300. Then there is Akula it has compete to, having the same engine and cheaper upkeep.

Kawa on their side missed a trick up it's sleeve by not giving ABS in the 2017 bike, it will be fun times ahead.
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 15:10   #154
Senior - BHPian

Why is Mojo not in the scene? It looks impressive from far and sounds way better then the bikes mentioned above.
Randhawa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 18:00   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
Why is Mojo not in the scene? It looks impressive from far and sounds way better then the bikes mentioned above.
I totally agree with you that its a fantastic product and with ABS version around the launch corner, it is a real steal but...

In my opinion the problem/s are mainly because of the excruciatingly long time period which it took to be launched from the date of announcement killed the excitement in it.

Secondly they are not highlighting the features like Upside down forks / the pro's / the comparisons / Marketing with the competition, properly in the market. They just aren't highlighting why the bike is real value for money with all the goodies its loaded with.

Thirdly they haven't established themselves as a brand yet (which in my opinion they are trying really hard)

And lastly that hideous headlight design - ughh.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 18:04   #156
Team-BHP Support

Finally some confirmation.

There are NO plans to launch the 310R or 310GS in India.

BMW G310R & G310GS launched at Rs. 2.99 - 3.49 lakh-bmwg310rg310gsindialaunchplans.jpeg

Source-

http://bikeadvice.in/exclusive-bmw-t...plans-for-now/
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 12:37   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer & Anvil View Post
The pricing for the GS310 came from dealers who were being briefed about the bike and the Akula and the cross questioning about who will sell what, and how to address possible scavenging of sales(addressed as highly unlikely.)
Are you talking about G310R or G310GS? I hope the probable price of Rs.3.7L is for G310GS and not for G310R.

AFAIK, BMW built this bike for the mass markets such as India and Brazil. It will not make any sense in pricing this bike so high than the Duke 390. They want this bike to sell in large numbers. It will not sell in large numbers in India at least if they launch it at such a high price.
What I am assuming is, they want to prepare their dealer and service network network properly before they launch the product. They would not want to take a hit over their service issues on their brand name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Finally some confirmation.

There are NO plans to launch the 310R or 310GS in India.

Source-
http://bikeadvice.in/exclusive-bmw-t...plans-for-now/
This is an old news now. May be bike advice folks entered a little late in the scene . I still am hoping that they will launch this in 2018 (hoping more for first quarter )

Last edited by driverabhi : 17th July 2017 at 12:41.
Old 17th July 2017, 12:38   #158
BHPian

What are you waiting for ? Here's another news.

BMW G310R & G310GS launched at Rs. 2.99 - 3.49 lakh-bmwg310rlaunchcancel.jpg

Source

https://www.rushlane.com/bmw-g310r-i...-12202059.html
Old 17th July 2017, 13:12   #159
Senior - BHPian

I think BMW's social media channels for India and the International have kind of gotten tired of answering the "when" questions. So to just to shut everyone up, for now, they are saying the bike is not going be launched in India at all.

When the bike was conceptualised, it was intended to be a mass market bike to bring in the numbers for BMW especially from the Asian and Latin American markets. It kind of defeats the purpose if they don't launch it in India, as they should expect fairly decent numbers *if* they get the price right.

Pricing for BMW is altogether another ball game though and KTM has kind of screwed it for everyone else. BMW is in a tight spot here, they can't price it higher than the KTM as there is practically nothing on paper that the BMW offers that the KTMs can't/don't outperform. They can't price it too low either, else the 'premium' and 'aspirational' BMW brand value is lost/diluted.

I'm personally waiting for the 310GS ever since the spy pics revealed it before the EICMA last year. Initially all the social media channels and new proclaimed that the 310R will be out in the first half of 2017 and the GS would follow along a couple of months down the line. With a 10-year-old bike parked in the garage, it is getting very difficult to keep the patience, despite how perfect the GS seems for my needs!

Sigh!!
praful is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 00:59   #160
BHPian

"BMW G310R is only for export – No plans to launch in India"

https://www.rushlane.com/bmw-g310r-i...-12202059.html

BMW Motorrad India has confirmed this via their official Facebook page. When reader Sahil Husain contacted BMW Motorrad India, asking about the launch of G310R and G310GS – he got a reply from them which stated that there are no plans as of now to launch the G310R and G310GS.

-------------

On the other hand, I think BMW will sell this but not sure why they are taking very long time. How can they ignore the world's number 1 two wheeler market. Also currently they are selling other BMW motorcycles here.
Old 18th July 2017, 12:22   #161
Senior - BHPian

I sent an email to BMW Motorrad India (contact-india@bmw-motorrad.in) yesterday asking why are the social media accounts for BMW Motorrad claiming that the bike won't be launched in India. We know it has to be launched here, and that it is perfectly fine to say that it's delayed.

Got the below generic response-

Quote:
Thank you for your email addressed to BMW Motorrad India. We regret to learn of your dissatisfaction.

The G310R hasn’t been launched in India yet, we wish to inform you that all product launches are formally communicated via press releases.

Should you require more information on the available lineup in India please contact the dedicated toll free number 180030009903 between Monday-Friday (8:30am - 5:00pm) as per your availability.

We appreciate your understanding in this regard.
Clearly, they are still unclear about the launch strategy for India. But I think stating that the vehicles are not for India is just shooting themselves in the foot (big time). Could be they are trying really hard to keep this under wraps or BMW india has no clue what BMW HQ has planned.

Last edited by praful : 18th July 2017 at 12:24.
Old 18th July 2017, 14:20   #162
Senior - BHPian

Sad indeed. I was waiting for this one to launch so that i could have a BMW in my garrage :(

I guess BMW were in a spot - They cant price the bike high as we already have the likes of TNT and Duke390. But at the same time they cant afford to dilute the brand value.

On the other hand TVS can sell the same bike as a flagship north of 1.5L

If this is not coming in the form of BMW, then i strongly feel we might end up seeing a naked version of apache 310.
Old 18th July 2017, 16:37   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Could be they are trying really hard to keep this under wraps or BMW india has no clue what BMW HQ has planned.
Its the eternal optimist in you trying hard to keep you "motivated"

Whatever info is floating around on the net suggests that this is one launch that's not happening

Hope I am wrong though
Old 18th July 2017, 16:49   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Its the eternal optimist in you trying hard to keep you "motivated"

Whatever info is floating around on the net suggests that this is one launch that's not happening

Hope I am wrong though
I'm 'trying' to be optimistic about this, really hard at that

But I don't see the logic behind the news about not launching the bike here in India. Priced right, it has HUGE market potential and helps BMW get the numbers they are looking for.
Old 18th July 2017, 18:45   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
But I don't see the logic behind the news about not launching the bike here in India. Priced right, it has HUGE market potential
The answer probably lies in your statement above itself - Pricing it right!

It cant be easy for BMW.

- The new 390 has really spoiled the party for many. It is simply too much bike for not a whole lot of money
- They will also be competing against offerings from TVS carrying BMW's tech. Bajaj - KTM got it right but I can appreciate the complexity involved here
- They may not be too sure of the ADV market in India. Its the only logic I can apply for not just BMW but also why KTM hasn't launched the ADV 390 yet
- They are possibly also mulling about the service spread. Keeping their premium image in mind, they might not want TVS and BMW customers to rub shoulders under the same roof. This itself is going to be a herculean task

In short, the product is ready; the strategy isn't
Urban_Nomad is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks