Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2015, 22:02   #1
BHPian

Yamaha R15 - Warning light error codes

Yamaha YZF R15 - V1 - Warning Light

As you all know I crossed 1Lac kms in June this year, well I have not been riding much after that specially in the month of July due to rains, I was using my car to commute to office. But yes I was missing riding my bike, so got her serviced and since she was standing for almost a month with only small rides within 10kms every 4th or 5th day. I decided to go ahead and get her serviced. Now after getting her serviced and coming back home, I saw the warning light come in, it was constant for about 5sec and then it went off, so I did not bother, thinking that it might be because of low battery. The TATA GREEN battery has served me well since March, 2012 so got it replaced with AMARON BETA for her, and then I was happy riding her to office and coming back yesterday. Today while coming to office the warning again came up, and it did not go. I stopped switched off and switched ON again. The Warning light did exists and also it showed a sequence for the error - i.e. 4 times slow blinking & 6 times fast blinking, i.e. error code 46. Now I am trying to look for the list of error codes on the internet but unable to find it so. I went back home and then got my car out and came to office. In between the Bike went dead a couple of times. I used to wait for 5mins and then the display on the HUD would come back and the bike would start as well, but slowly the display would go dim and then bike would be dead after a few metres of riding. But it made me reach my parking lot.

Now my concern is what is error code 46 is Yamaha R15? When I tried to look for it, some say its some sort of power disruption. I spoke to my mechanic, he said it comes usually when the charger is not working. Now since I wont be taking the risk to go ahead and ride my bike to the service station (it is around 25kms from my home) what i plan is to take the charger from the service station and fix it myself. Also I understand that my bike has done above 1Lac kms, I am not complaining but is it ok for the charger to go kaput if this is the case?

Experts and Gurus - Kindly guide me to rectify this issue, I am missing my ride.

MODS - I could not find any relevant thread to ask this scenario, kindly merge in any thread if existing. Thank You.
Old 13th August 2015, 22:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Yamaha R15 - Warning light error codes

When you say you spoke to your mechanic, did you mean your friendly neighbourhood mechanic or one at the Yamaha authorized service center? Instead of changing a part by assumption, why not visit the service center and find out what is the meaning of the trouble code 46? It must be clearly written in the Workshop Manual and also, in their diagnostic tool.
Old 13th August 2015, 22:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I found this in the R15 service manual.

Yamaha R15 - Warning light error codes-capture.jpg

Yamaha R15 - Warning light error codes-capture2.jpg

Yamaha R15 - Warning light error codes-capture3.jpg

Should definitely help.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 13th August 2015 at 22:46.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 22:51   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
When you say you spoke to your mechanic, did you mean your friendly neighbourhood mechanic or one at the Yamaha authorized service center? Instead of changing a part by assumption, why not visit the service center and find out what is the meaning of the trouble code 46? It must be clearly written in the Workshop Manual and also, in their diagnostic tool.
Viju I spoke to my mechanic in SVC and since I cannot stress and ride my bike for 25kms ( distance from my home to SVC) thats why I wanted to go ahead and see if I can do something. But yes when she shows sign where I can ride her that long I will definately get her checked with the diagnostic tool these people have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Hi,

I found this in the R15 service manual.

Attachment 1403576

Attachment 1403580

Attachment 1403581

Should definitely help.
Ashwin you are a life saver, thank you so much. This is exactly what my mechanic was saying. Yes I tried to look into owners manual, which I did not because it was not the service manual. Thank you once again brother.Can you provide me the link from where I can download the service manual?

Last edited by Shivanshu : 13th August 2015 at 22:53. Reason: asking link of service manual
Shivanshu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 23:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivanshu View Post
Ashwin you are a life saver, thank you so much. This is exactly what my mechanic was saying. Yes I tried to look into owners manual, which I did not because it was not the service manual. Thank you once again brother.Can you provide me the link from where I can download the service manual?
Always happy to help man!

Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0R...2MWRmNDli/view
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 00:00   #6
BHPian

Re: Yamaha R15 - Warning light error codes

Could not do any work on the bike, as was busy with office work. Tomorrow being off will go ahead and remove the side panel, check the fuse and clean the contact points of the wire terminals. Also would check the wiring for any fault. Have told my mechanic to arrange for a regulator to check if that is the main culprit. But yeah today tried to start the bike, their is no display and no sound of FI coming ON, so I think tomorrow the first thing would be that I have to give the battery for charging before I start opening the bike. Will update with progress.
Old 18th August 2015, 22:42   #7
BHPian

Re: Yamaha R15 - Warning light error codes

MODS - Issue rectified, you can close this thread, thank you.

I got the new Regulator and then started opening the left rear panel behind which the Regulator is fixed. In the meantime I noticed that my New Battery has gone dead completely, so gave it for charging. I changed the Regulator and then got the Bike started and it came into life in one self. After that I took her for a small ride locally where I went to ride in neck to neck traffic as I wanted the heat sensor to activate the radiator fan and then check for any warning sign, but good no warning came up.

Then on monday decided to take the Bike for a long ride, so took the route: Ghaziabad - Faridabad - Gurgaon - Chattarpur - Kalkaji - CP - Qutab Institutional Area - Indirapuram, Ghaziabad. All went well, but yes I wanted to ride her in rain and check and be sure which happened today while coming to office.

So all is good and everything is running back to normal and I am happy. gave my car a bit of rest as she was being used extensively and everyday for past 1.5 months. pampered her by giving her a good wash and cleaning it.

Thank you all for your help!!!
Shivanshu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks