Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2015, 11:55   #1
Team-BHP Support

Pawan Munjal appointed Chairman of Hero MotoCorp

Hero MotoCorp has announced that Mr. Pawan Munjal is being appointed as its new Chairman. The company's Board today unanimously approved his appointment as the Chairman, Managing Director & CEO of Hero MotoCorp. Pawan Munjal has held the position of MD and CEO of the company since 2001.

Pawan Munjal appointed Chairman of Hero MotoCorp-pawan.jpg

This step was taken after the company's founder and Executive Chairman, Dr. Brijmohan Lall Munjal, expressed his desire to relinquish his duties. The Board has accepted his request but has requested him to continue as Chairman Emeritus. He will continue to be part of the Board as a non-executive director. The top leadership succession plan was initiated in August last year.

Hero MotoCorp, formerly known as Hero Honda, was founded in 1984. The company has been the world’s largest two-wheeler manufacturer in terms of unit volumes sold in a calendar year by a single company. It sold a record 6.63 million two-wheelers in the financial year 2015 (Apr 2014-March 31 2015) – its highest-ever annual sales.

Hero MotoCorp commands well over 50% share in the domestic motorcycle market in India.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd June 2015 at 18:26.
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 12:56   #2
BHPian

Re: Pawan Munjal appointed Chairman of Hero MotoCorp

I don't really understand how in India executives have these three different roles and titles. There is a fundamental difference in the role of a CEO vs Chairman and these should always be split responsibilities. Managing Director and CEO share mostly the same kind of role, I am not even sure why a company needs two titles like that.

But, Congratulations to Mr. Pawan Munjal. I assume a big announcement at the Hero conference on 4th June in Rome will happen. Hopefully he is able to take the company in the proper direction in India.
kumarshah is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks