Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2015, 15:37   #31

Re: Report, Pics & Video: Bajaj Pulsar RS200 ridden at the factory test-track

Thanks for the detailed review . Looks of the bike are indeed a bit overdone, but nice to see a different design. Always good to see better designs on the road than the same old bikes. Liked the twin projector headlamps, gives a mean look to the bike. Only, bit weird thing I could notice were the rear tail lights. Not sure, whats the inspiration behind that design as they don't seem to gel much with the overral design. Maybe they might look better in night time.
Aditya_P is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2015, 23:36   #32
BHPian

Trust Bajaj to come up with a design with such polarising opinions. While a tad overdone, I have to admit I quite like the design language. This is truly a evolution for the pulsar brand and I'm quite sure it will be able to pull in some good numbers. Love the projectors but like most people am not very sure of the tail light design! It does look good when it lights up though.
Old 2nd May 2015, 17:39   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhii176 View Post
Trust Bajaj to come up with a design with such polarising opinions. While a tad overdone, I have to admit I quite like the design language. This is truly a evolution for the pulsar brand and I'm quite sure it will be able to pull in some good numbers. Love the projectors but like most people am not very sure of the tail light design! It does look good when it lights up though.
Have seen the bike in person and I am impressed. The design is actually not overdone, stickering is. Remove those stickers and the bike is a looker. As you mentioned the tail lamp did look out of place. Overall I felt the design meets the requirement of target audience.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 23:39   #34
Senior - BHPian

The RS200 gets a new side,

Demon Black.

Report, Pics & Video: Bajaj Pulsar RS200 ridden at the factory test-track-rs200wallpaper_02.jpg
Old 1st June 2016, 10:05   #35
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Bajaj Pulsar RS200 is going the same way as NS200 which showed a lot of promise initially and then didn't deliver upto company expectations.

With the sales of RS200 remaining low Bajaj is rethinking its strategy. I believe the AS200 and AS150 too shares the same fate with dismal sales figure.

Source:
http://www.msn.com/en-in/autos/news/...o4y?li=AAgg6KI

http://www.rushlane.com/bajaj-pulsar...-12159143.html

Bajaj is soon planning to launch the CS400 and I hope they analyse what went wrong with NS200 and AS200 that they couldn't achieve their sales targets.
Old 1st June 2016, 11:41   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

While I might be wrong, I think Bajaj has brand issues. Something similar to what Hyundai and Maruti faced initially in our markets. All their premium products bombed initially, even though they were good products and decently priced too. And yet, the aspirational value and the brand image that a premium buyer typically looks for, was missing. Bajaj seems to be facing the same problem.

Pulsar NS and the RS seem to offer 80% of the Duke and RC models at about 60% of the price, which shows they are VFM. Few of my friends who bought the 200NS never faced a single niggle. This proves the bike is decently built too. Still, the young buyer yearns for the Orange streak rather than the cheaper cousin. On the other hand, the cheaper 150 does business as usual even when there are better alternatives available in the market. It shows that market loves the old tried and tested products without much variations (HH Splendour anyone?).

I think they should reintroduce the Pro-Biking outlets for branding their performance bike segment (something like Nexa but already done by Bajaj earlier). All the bikes above 150cc should be sold through these outlets.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks