Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2016, 14:03   #421
Senior - BHPian

re: Royal Enfield trademarks the name "Himalayan" EDIT: Now unveiled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
ThunderBird TwinSpark!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
A dedicated analog fuel gauge, yes.

The previous generation Thunderbird had one within the tacho or speedo meters and the Lightening 535 had one tiny one as well if I remember right.
I stand corrected. But the analogue fuel gauge is definitely a welcome change from the unreliable digital ones.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 16:06   #422
Team-BHP Support

Royal Enfield will host a press conference on Feb 2 in New Delhi, ahead of the 2016 Delhi Auto Expo. It is believed that the company will unveil the Himalayan adventure tourer at the event.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 14:27   #423
BHPian

I somehow have a feeling that there would be different versions of this motorcycle. Various pics have shown different parts at different places on the bike.
They have been pics of the front fenders being different. The handle bars in the pics of powerdrift are different than seen on the complete bike pic a few posts back.
Is RE trying to create a new 'Himalayan Range' by offering different products such as a street version and an out and out ADV version?
Now that would be interesting
Old 13th January 2016, 23:10   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox View Post
I was at RE's flagship store in Khan Market, Delhi last week. Enquired about the launch date and was told by the store manager that media launch of Himalayan is currently slotted for end Feb or early March.

He said they are expecting to receive the test ride & first lot within 4-6 months of the media launch, just like it happened during Continental GT's launch.
The Himalayan is actually slated for a February 2 launch. They have scheduled it in such a way that the new motorcycle and other 2016 updates come out just before the auto expo, which is to be held on February 3 and 4. In Chennai, the word from a dealership is that bookings will open in the same month and deliveries will take close to 50 days. I was also told that the pricing will be less than 2 lacs on the road. However, questions about ABS left them clueless.
MonsterTorque is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 15:39   #425
BHPian

The pics seem to suggest no ABS as there is no ABS ring on the rear disc at least. Unless they have ABS and non-ABS versions!
Old 14th January 2016, 16:08   #426
BHPian

One of the news articles mentioned that the Himalayan will come with 2 engine options one being the 750 twin, I just hope that they bring this version out in the classics soon
Old 14th January 2016, 16:20   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubolt View Post
One of the news articles mentioned that the Himalayan will come with 2 engine options one being the 750 twin.
If this news is true then I will be waiting for it with baited breath. If the ADV tourer Himalayan comes with a 750cc parallel twin motor then it will send the ADV tourer market into a tizzy. I hope the power will be somewhere between 55 to 60 BHP + 5 BHP with identical torque figures. If they price it at around 3.5-4 lakhs then my Fixed Deposit is ripe for breaking.
Old 14th January 2016, 16:27   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
ThunderBird TwinSpark!

All Thubderbirds have a fuel Guage and tacho.
Old 14th January 2016, 17:19   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One of the news articles mentioned that the Himalayan will come with 2 engine options one being the 750 twin, I just hope that they bring this version out in the classics soon
If this is true then this may actually be a replacement for my Harley!!
Old 14th January 2016, 17:49   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There would have been spy pictures out by now if there was a 750 version as well. Don't think that is true. I feel there will be two body versions launched, one a full adv version and one a simpler form.
tharian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 06:59   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
There would have been spy pictures out by now if there was a 750 version as well. Don't think that is true. I feel there will be two body versions launched, one a full adv version and one a simpler form.
I second what you say. But that is an engine I look forward to very eagerly and would want to upgrade from my Continental GT. But having said that when I step back and think a bit I am little doubtful for the following reasons:

-RE has never dealt with a twin engine as a serious production bike
-All their components have been handling and been proven over similar levels of torque and power.
-When they step up to a twin cylinder it will have to be whole new set of components,especially for the engine and transmission parts.
-And their mechanics would take a couple of years to become well versed in it.
-Therefore when the 750cc comes out I would rather wait for a real good two years before buying it.
arulpeem is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 19:59   #432
BHPian

The pics look so un Enfield like I wonder how the product clash will look in an re showroom , a couple of good ol thumpers and then a dirt bike , quite extreme a range .

I agree with arulpeem on the wait and watch part , but an affordable 750 classic twin is something that I really look forward to , hope it comes out , just as I imagined it , I'm sure it will
Old 15th January 2016, 22:50   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arulpeem View Post
I second what you say. But that is an engine I look forward to very eagerly and would want to upgrade from my Continental GT. But having said that when I step back and think a bit I am little doubtful for the following reasons:

-RE has never dealt with a twin engine as a serious production bike
What you say is correct if we are speaking of Royal Enfield, India.

Royal Enfield in England back in the 1960-1970 period did however produce several twin cylinder motorcycles.

This was when Triumph and BSA were making 650cc twins and not to be outdone by them, Royal Enfield produced the 750 Interceptor (actually 736cc).
Attached Thumbnails
The Royal Enfield Himalayan, now launched!-royalenfieldintercepter.jpg  

ArizonaJim is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 22:23   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaJim View Post
What you say is correct if we are speaking of Royal Enfield, India.
I was speaking of RE India. That is a very well maintained twin engined Enfield. Looks as if it is just off the assembly line...
arulpeem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 07:09   #435
Senior - BHPian

Yes. I knew you was speaking of Royal Enfield India but it gave me a chance to post a picture of a classic Royal enfield twin.

Hopefully, the people at Royal Enfield will notice what a beautiful motorcycle a big, classic shaped machine they could be making for those of us who are not interested in crotch rockets or semi-off-road motorcycles.
ArizonaJim is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks