Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2016, 02:45   #31
BHPian

re: Eider Motors (Hyderabad) unveils 6 two-wheelers. EDIT: Chairman arrested over fraud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
You can double check the accuracy of the website with the official Eider Motors website http://www.eidermotors.com/

These guys have a showroom at Ulhasnagar (Maharashtra).
Not sure what their target audience is.

But at this price, they will surely make some noise.

The Eider Police 650 @ Rs. 4 lakh surely *looks* good, can't say what it actually is to touch, feel, ride.
I don't believe that their website is accurate either mate, because it has been up since 2014, and none of the original bikes were actually launched, and now the line-up has been completely changed.

But you're right, if they launch the 650CCs at the prices shown, they're definitely going to make some noise in the market. Let's see what actually happens .
Old 17th March 2016, 19:46   #32

re: Eider Motors (Hyderabad) unveils 6 two-wheelers. EDIT: Chairman arrested over fraud!

Hello Guys....I saw an Eider motor article on Motoroids blog and then i checked their website. IMO, their bikes look really cool and considering the prices and the designs shown these bikes look almost unreal. Are the Eider people really serious outfit or just somebody trying to catch eyeballs? Has anyone ridden an Eider bike?
Old 20th March 2016, 10:22   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarvitB View Post
Hello Guys....I saw an Eider motor article on Motoroids blog and then i checked their website. IMO, their bikes look really cool and considering the prices and the designs shown these bikes look almost unreal. Are the Eider people really serious outfit or just somebody trying to catch eyeballs? Has anyone ridden an Eider bike?
I did take a test ride a few months ago at their showroom in chennai, the bikes were well put together and they rode just like any other bike on the market. As for as the bikes go, they don't look like an over night job, these are properly built machines.
virage is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 00:59   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virage View Post
I did take a test ride a few months ago at their showroom in chennai, the bikes were well put together and they rode just like any other bike on the market. As for as the bikes go, they don't look like an over night job, these are properly built machines.
Website seems to be down. Where is the showroom in Chennai?
Old 2nd August 2016, 05:57   #35
BHPian

This is as fake as it gets. A few chinese bikes with zero quality and shiny paint. It's a sham, and I believe just a front for collecting investors or money laundering.
amitc7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 06:48   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayguar View Post
Website seems to be down. Where is the showroom in Chennai?
Their showroom in Porur has closed down. Now Yamaha has opened at the same spot.
Old 11th September 2016, 13:37   #37
BHPian

Founder of Eider motors, Shiva Kumar, has been arrested on charges of fraud and cheating.
JoseVijay is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 16:27   #38
BHPian

Tried his best to become rich over-night by becoming a fraud but failed eventually. Sigh.
More info here - Eider Motors Chairman arrested
Funny is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 16:33   #39
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 12th September 2016 at 11:36.
Old 12th September 2016, 11:37   #40
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Eider Motors (Hyderabad) unveils 6 two-wheelers. EDIT: Chairman arrested over fraud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Tried his best to become rich over-night by becoming a fraud but failed eventually. Sigh.
I had my suspicions at that time. Anyone who invests big bucks in a dealership for such brands is just stupid. A fool & his money parted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Reminds me of the useless attempt by Terra Motors; their website doesn't even have a phone number ('under preparation) or an office address!
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 09:18   #41
BHPian

Re: Eider Motors (Hyderabad) unveils 6 two-wheelers. EDIT: Chairman arrested over fraud!

Eider Motors (Hyderabad) unveils 6 two-wheelers. EDIT: Chairman arrested over fraud!-img_20160813_135819569.jpg

Eider Motors (Hyderabad) unveils 6 two-wheelers. EDIT: Chairman arrested over fraud!-img_20160813_135425457.jpg

Pics I took from an Eider dealership in Kerala Tamil nadu border.

Being in the trade myself I was surprised by the extremely bad quality of the bikes and the confidence of the investors. While driving by, it looked like a Peugeot Django and I stopped to have a closer look. The staff there kept insisting on how it was a German offering and I couldn't stop smiling.

The quality was similar to Chinese made power wheel toys one would find in department store.
spd_tkt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 09:55   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
It feels so similar to the below:

रद्दी {raddi} = SCRAP(Noun)

How can someone coin a hideous name like Ruddy when in India.
Its like naming a car "Laura" and launch it without caring for Indian Sentiments and not understanding the Indian lingo!!
OT
With the plethora of dialects which abund in India, it is a herculean task. Take for example the Duronto Express. Durantham in Malayalam/Tamil means disaster
kutoos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 08:35   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
More info here - Eider Motors Chairman arrested
How do these investors put so much money with the least of checks? A simple email or net search of the German and Japanese contacts would have exposed the scheme right away.
Old 19th September 2016, 15:12   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
How do these investors put so much money with the least of checks? A simple email or net search of the German and Japanese contacts would have exposed the scheme right away.
I think there still exists a parallel India.
This India is unconnected to the internet, works on cash, connections, local politics, word of mouth.

The best example of this parallel India would be anyone "invested" in real estate. (No not the mundane middle class house buyers, I am talking about property buyers).
alpha1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 11:08   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Few months back, my close friend's friend was planning to invest in an Eider dealership. The cost was coming around 60L. But then we came across this thread the information available here was not confidence inspiring nor the information in their web site or their sales department. So, he decided to let the offer go. I am really glad that he took the right decision and I should thank the members who shared their opinions in this thread here because when we google'd this was the only forum/thread which had some information about Eider.
Attached Images

Last edited by arun_josie : 21st September 2016 at 11:09.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks