Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2015, 07:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Eider Motors (Hyderabad) unveils 6 two-wheelers. EDIT: Chairman arrested over fraud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by partha379 View Post
I am seeing a dealership in Porur, Chennai for this company
Where is this located in Porur? Could you please point the directions to this showroom starting from DLF?
Old 13th March 2015, 03:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: Eider Motors (Hyderabad) unveils 6 two-wheelers. EDIT: Chairman arrested over fraud!

I guess I'm too skeptical and suspicious.

I am sure Eider Motors would not do this but, this looks like a companies "advertisements", designed to be used to convince investors to invest their money in them.

It's as though the company is counting on investors ignorance about motor-scooters and motorcycles to look like a new, up and coming way to get rich quick.

Shame on me for thinking this could be the case.
ArizonaJim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 11:28   #18
BHPian

"Dronzer is neatly packed with 150CC potential engine built so efficiently to give a handsome look."

This has been written in the Dronzer Description. Pure trolling I say

Slick
Old 13th March 2015, 14:28   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Where is this located in Porur? Could you please point the directions to this showroom starting from DLF?
From DLF, go towards Porur junction - you will see it on the right side after crossing Shell petrol bunk but before porur police station.

Its pretty Glitz, can't miss it especially during the night time. I don't understand how or why they are so quiet about TN expansion even in their press releases.
partha379 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 21:32   #20
BHPian

I gave these guys a visit today and surprisingly the showroom is very mute when it comes to marketing. I pass by the showroom almost everyday ever since it opened, and all along I thought that it was a furniture store and that the bikes were decorations.

The sales personnel were very courteous but were not fully aware of the details of the bikes. In once instance he mentioned that the bikes were german made and assembled in India. The showroom felt very unfinished ( did not even have fans let alone air conditioning) lots of improvements to be made there.

Coming to the product line up they have four offerings as of now
STOIC - Entry level commuter 61k approx
LEORA - A retro moped 75k approx aimed at the vespa
RUDDY - An entry lever cruiser 85k approx aimed at the avenger
DRONZER - The entry lever sports bike 95k approx aimed at the 2000ns

All prices are on road . They are purely indicative. Do check with the dealer

A word on the bikes - they are actually not that bad, the marketing team needs to be sacked asap. A few of the bikes do have the potential, but these guys really need to take the marketing seriously.( for starters, the marketing team needs a copy of wren and martin)

I was not given a full test ride, but they did let me ride around inside the compound (read 50 meters). I only rode the RUDDY and the LEORA. My initial impressions are as follows

LEORA. In flesh, the bike does look good, its not as feminine as the vespa. But none the less, it feels classy. It feels very solid and well put together, I was pleasantly surprised as too how good the bike feels to ride. Its not path breaking in any way but certainly not miserable. The panel gaps have been kept to a minimum. The plastic quality was mediocre, average at best. The chrome on the other hand, was very bad. It had a few blemishes and the quality was a really big let down. Over all it was average. Nothing too bad , nothing too good.
Its powered by a 125 cc mill putting out 7.5 ps, but the bike does feel sluggish nowhere as responsive as the Hondas, open the throttle and the engine responds with a noisy hum but unfortunately the speedo needle stays put. The handle bars a super wide, it give the bike a very akward feel. Any wider and it will feel like holding the handle bars of a thunderbird. Otherwise the bike felt light. A nice feature of the bike is that it comes with dual rear shocks and tubless tires front and back.
It comes equipped with a disc at the front and a drum at the back. The bike I rode had a loose front disc caliper, I hope this is an one off event and that its not indicative of a larger quality issue. If they market it right, they might actually be able to create a niche for themselves.

RUDDY- 150CC cruiser . seriously ? The bike is just not good to look at.(personal opinion ) Again the plastic quality was pathetic and the handle bar levers looked unfinished, its nowhere as nice as the leora. Nothing really stood out from the bike , it failed to talk to the biker inside me. The alloys look like a cheap knock off of the ones the harleys sport. The overall look is really bland.
The power comes from a 11.4 ps 150 cc single cylinder air cooled mill. Put her in first and drop the clutch the bike lurches forward rather quickly and gets you excited, but the excitement dies down almost instantly. This engine just cant do this bike any justice at all!!. . But the gears are smooth and the ride was refined. the gear shifts were clutter free unlike the racket the RE gearbox creates. I really dont see this bike being a mile munch-er in any way. Overall , a very forgettable bike.

p.s all the bikes ran on tires that I am unfamiliar with, and i did not get an opportunity to test their grip levels. It looked mexican or korean. Their performance remains questionable.

They currently are undertaking bookings for the entire range, for a full test ride one will hav to wait till the 22nd of this month. Deliveries are expected to commence from the first week of april. It was pointed out to me that there are different variants available for each bike, the details of which were unavailable.
virage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 09:36   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Thruno Durgaprasad for sharing these pics!

Quote:
The red bike is a 200cc naked, all other bikes are 150cc including the Cruiser. Scooter is 125cc.

Naked bikes weigh just 126 kg, looks similar to the old CBR 150 (not Indian version). They said they are Japanese brand!!!

Shop is under construction, so they refused any more photos. Delivery may start next month in Srikakulam (Andhra Pradesh).
Eider Motors (Hyderabad) unveils 6 two-wheelers. EDIT: Chairman arrested over fraud!-20150323_153704.jpg

Eider Motors (Hyderabad) unveils 6 two-wheelers. EDIT: Chairman arrested over fraud!-20150323_153742.jpg

Eider Motors (Hyderabad) unveils 6 two-wheelers. EDIT: Chairman arrested over fraud!-20150323_153757.jpg
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 12:50   #22
Senior - BHPian

While wishing Eider Motors all the very best in their endeavour, can't help but think that no Indians were involved in the naming of machines like Ruddy and Leora! (strangely close to Laura). Sigh!

The designs to me look a bit overdone and outdated. Let us hope they work reliably for the sake of those who bravely hand over 95000 of their hard-earned rupees to own a Dronzer (which definitely does not sound like Pulsar!) over a 200 NS and 75000 to have a Leora (in place of a Vespa). And of course, for that ambitious entrepreneur who might be hoping that Eider Motors will become the next Hero / Bajaj / TVS!
Old 3rd November 2015, 19:55   #23
BHPian

Something interesting about Eider Motors. There was one dealer who had opened shop with all the products on display except for the Visrah scooter and when I asked about the commencement of sales, I was told that there was a slight problem with the homologation of the Leora scooter due to its headlight and that ARAI at Pune was in the process of giving the clearance. This was about two months ago.

I was passing by that same dealer two days ago and I saw that the dealership was being shut down and all the boards etc were being removed. I asked them as to what happened and only one person there was willing to talk while the rest went about removing things. He told me that the company did not get the permission to sell still and the dealer who kept the store open without sales was making a loss of Rs. 10 lakhs every month and had decided to call it a day.
However, the website continues to exist and the toll free line was something that I could not access when I tried from my cell phone.
Old 22nd February 2016, 14:40   #24
BHPian

Motorbeam reports that Eider Motors Hyderabad is bringing new vehicles from Chinese maker of two wheelers CF Moto. What is surprising is that the new vehicles shown in the picture are completely new and have nothing to do with the older ones such as the Dronzer, Etania, Leora, Ruddy and Stoic. In the product section they have also added motorcycles called Dave, Police, V-Chop, Commando, Street Hawk, JetMax (maxiscooter) and Adonis (another scooter). The Visrah has been dropped. The motorcycles and scooters mentioned by Motorbeam are available to see on the eider website www.eidermotors.com. What is most interesting that spelling on the website is atrocious. Details are spelt detailes. Head for the website and enjoy yourself.
Old 22nd February 2016, 15:01   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Ergonomically Designed Body Graphics
Dave.
Stoic.
Leora?

Eider motors, Your bikes look good. Please let us help on content!

By the by, dave must be like in "Dave chappelle". But in mumbai, it may turn out to be like it is in "Harish Dave".
Old 22nd February 2016, 17:57   #26
BHPian

Did anyone see the "Detailes"?

Or the "Rare Suspension" on the Ruddy?

Leora "The vintage style lovers can make this as the best optimal choice as it has an aesthetic and essence as a star on the road". What???

The electricals on the Commando contains a Battery. Ok. And nothing else?

The engine of the Street Hawk has a packaging size and quality as 74unit/40HQ. What the hell does this mean?

Oh brother! I dared not proceed further lest my brain gets warped.
Old 28th February 2016, 14:55   #27
BHPian

Okay, I agree that this is becoming an obsession with me, but I just visited the Eider Motors website and found myself being kicked in my b***s. Now they have a new website, new products and new pricing. There is one 250cc motorcycle called Huddi (is it pronounced haddi as in the Hindi word for bone I don't know) it has a 250cc engine and is priced at Rs.1,16,327. Then there is a model called Street Hudi (I don't know if the D is missing deliberately or is a typographical error) and it is priceless (meaning no price has been announced). But it too has a 250cc engine. Then there are two Adonis Maxi-scooters of 125cc, costing above Rs. 85,000 and 150cc which costs over a lakh of rupees. A 250cc JetMax Maxi-scooter which has a 250cc engine and costs over Rs. 1.5 lakhs. The 150cc Dronzer now costs above Rs. 1.3 lakh rupees, while the 200cc Etania costs just over Rs.67 thousand!!!! The 150cc cruiser Ruddy costs over Rs. 54,000 and is of 150cc capacity. The 110cc Stoic costs Rs. 49 thousand while another cruiser style 200cc motorcycle called Commando (uh oh UM) is priced at Rs.79 k+.

The 125cc Leora the retro design scooter has now come down below Rs. 50k while originally it was supposed to have been spied at Rs. 85K and above. The motorcycle called Police 650 TK does not reveal the engine capacity but shows its price above Rs. 4 Lakh and more. And surprisingly the Dave NK (which in pictures is exactly identical to the Police 650 TK) says it has a 650cc engine and cost over Rs. 3,30,000!!!! And then there is the 150 NK which is the second priceless motorcycle in the list.

I tried getting the pictures of the vehicles from the website but they are in the HTML format and are not downloading individually. The whole webpage with garbled content is getting down loaded. But you should visit the website which is Eidermotors.com and have your quota of fun. The sad thing is that these are well put together motorcycles (I had seen some of them while the dealership near my house was open; it has now become a Suzuki dealership) and this clueless company is making a hash of what might have been a reasonably successful company.
Old 16th March 2016, 18:51   #28
BHPian

Is this true ?

Can anyone confirm ?

A 650 Parallel twin @ 3.5L ?

Eider 650 NK launched at Rs. 3.37 lakh

Eider Website
Attached Thumbnails
Eider Motors (Hyderabad) unveils 6 two-wheelers. EDIT: Chairman arrested over fraud!-650nk798x466660x330.jpg  

Old 16th March 2016, 22:05   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Is this true ?

Can anyone confirm ?

A 650 Parallel twin @ 3.5L ?

Eider 650 NK launched at Rs. 3.37 lakh

Eider Website
Not sure of the accuracy of what this website is reporting, but you missed the 650CC Adventure Tourer called the Eider Police, which is also claimed to be launched at 4 lakhs, and seems to have the same engine and specifications as the one you posted above.

Eider Motors (Hyderabad) unveils 6 two-wheelers. EDIT: Chairman arrested over fraud!-cfmoto_650tk_008995x498.jpg

I should admit that the bike doesn't look half bad, but the specifications of the engine don't excite me at all. 56 BHP of power from a 650CC parallel-twin engine is pretty dull

Source: http://www.shifting-gears.com/2016/0...d-rs-4-0-lakh/
Old 17th March 2016, 00:55   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
Not sure of the accuracy of what this website is reporting
You can double check the accuracy of the website with the official Eider Motors website http://www.eidermotors.com/

These guys have a showroom at Ulhasnagar (Maharashtra).
Not sure what their target audience is.

But at this price, they will surely make some noise.

The Eider Police 650 @ Rs. 4 lakh surely *looks* good, can't say what it actually is to touch, feel, ride.

Last edited by parrys : 17th March 2016 at 00:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks