Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2014, 17:14   #121
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)
Re: The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200

Mirrors extending beyond the handlebar ends are generally bad news, as they often interfere with your judgment while taking your bike through tight corners.

I think I'll keep my mirrors.
Old 25th November 2014, 18:46   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
The mirror was not OEM, but made for Apache by Fiem.
TVS sources the mirrors, headlight reflector cover, blinker covers etc from Fiem for the RTR. If you look closely at the apache headlamp cover/blinkers, you can see Fiem etched on them.
abhinav.s is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2014, 21:53   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Mirrors extending beyond the handlebar ends are generally bad news, as they often interfere with your judgment while taking your bike through tight corners.

I think I'll keep my mirrors.
OK - so I took one more look at the package of mirrors I sourced from the spare parts shop. They are from a very old stock - Aug 2010 manufactured. So, that may explain the price difference and fitting difference between the mirrors I sourced and the mirrors pisthepeeps sourced. May be they altered the design after that.

Also, I realized that my mirrors extent beyond the handlebar, but not beyond the end weights on my handle. Since I had the end weights and the knuckle guard from day one, I never realized that they extent beyond the normal handle bar.

Doc, I think the handle bar of 390 is wider than that of 200, so it is still worth a try. You can also borrow a mirror from a friend's Apache to see if it extents beyond the handle bar of 390.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
TVS sources the mirrors, headlight reflector cover, blinker covers etc from Fiem for the RTR. If you look closely at the apache headlamp cover/blinkers, you can see Fiem etched on them.
Thanks bro. May be I should have been more specific in my post - I know Fiem is the oem supplier for many but what I was trying to say was the mirror I brought did not have any OEM markings ( I am not sure about TVS,but if you buy OEM spare parts for Honda or Hero Honda, the parts will come in Honda or Hero Honda packing, not in manufacture packing). The mirror I brought came in a Fiem branded box, with model name printed on the label.

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 25th November 2014 at 21:59.
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 12:21   #124
BHPian

Few snaps of Apache mirror

The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-img_20141126_111017.jpg

Comparison - The clarity of the Duke mirror is better compared to the Apache. While the Apache mirror covers more area. There is no full stem cover for Apache.
The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-img_20141126_110211.jpg

The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-img_20141126_110446.jpg

The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-img_20141126_111249.jpg
pisthpeeps is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 11:54   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post
Few snaps of Apache mirror

Comparison - The clarity of the Duke mirror is better compared to the Apache. While the Apache mirror covers more area. There is no full stem cover for Apache.
Thank you. I also will post a picture of my mirror so that it is easy to compare.
Did you try removing the rubber tubing \ sleeve from Duke's mirror to use the same on Apache's mirror?

--Anoop
Old 27th November 2014, 15:58   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Did you try removing the rubber tubing \ sleeve from Duke's mirror to use the same on Apache's mirror?
--Anoop
Nops. Havent found time yet. Its in my to-do list. Once done will post snaps.

Planning to go for chain lubing tomorrow. It rained heavily on the day i took the delivery of my bike. Visually the chain looks very dry but clean. When i went to the SVC 10 days back i raised this and the person checked the chain and asked me to bring the vehicle once 200kms is clocked. I have done 300 now. Need to start chain maintenance at home itself.
Old 28th November 2014, 11:10   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post
Nops. Havent found time yet. Its in my to-do list. Once done will post snaps.

Planning to go for chain lubing tomorrow. It rained heavily on the day i took the delivery of my bike. Visually the chain looks very dry but clean. When i went to the SVC 10 days back i raised this and the person checked the chain and asked me to bring the vehicle once 200kms is clocked. I have done 300 now. Need to start chain maintenance at home itself.
Invest in a paddock stand and chain lube - the chain usually needs frequent lubing (500 - 1K km intervals).

Attaching a picture of my bike with the Duke mirror stem + apache mirror installed.
The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-img_20141128_084805303.jpg

--Anoop
Old 22nd December 2014, 10:59   #128
Senior - BHPian

Did a very small (75 km in total) ride with my kid - it was his first outing on a highway (if we can call NICE road a highway ).

He was very happy but since I do not have protective gears, did not want to go for a longish ride. Now it is time to invest in some riding gears for him.

--Anoop
Old 23rd December 2014, 11:36   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Did a very small (75 km in total) ride with my kid - it was his first outing on a highway (if we can call NICE road a highway ).

He was very happy but since I do not have protective gears, did not want to go for a longish ride. Now it is time to invest in some riding gears for him.

--Anoop
Wow! I believe this is the first I'm hearing about taking kids on a Duke Well done Anoop! Do wear protective gears. Do we get these gears for kids as well?
Mafioso is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 11:45   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafioso View Post
Wow! I believe this is the first I'm hearing about taking kids on a Duke Well done Anoop! Do wear protective gears. Do we get these gears for kids as well?
Thank you and oops, I think i should have worded it correctly - What I really meant was, since my kid do not have protective gear, I did not take him for a longish ride. I have been taking him on bike to small outings (to the next door grocery shop kind of rides) from when he was 6 months old.
He is now 2.5 years old and I think I can get a helmet for him (will be buying one pretty soon), but not sure if I can get any other gear for him now :(

Thanks for your concern - I am usually an ATGATT kind of guy, if the ride is not to the grocery store next corner.

--Anoop
Old 23rd December 2014, 13:37   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He is now 2.5 years old and I think I can get a helmet for him (will be buying one pretty soon), but not sure if I can get any other gear for him now :(
You can surely get a helmet but it will be a local made one and not very strong. Also if your son's head is very small you might not find the right fit yet. I started the search since my son was 2 years old and found one only 2 months ago when he turned 3 that fit him really well. Scout the local helmet shops and you will surely find one. I got him a full face with visor!
Old 23rd December 2014, 14:15   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can surely get a helmet but it will be a local made one and not very strong. Also if your son's head is very small you might not find the right fit yet. I started the search since my son was 2 years old and found one only 2 months ago when he turned 3 that fit him really well. Scout the local helmet shops and you will surely find one. I got him a full face with visor!
Cool - can you share me the model and price, and if possible, a photo also? Will sure hit JC road \ Lalbagh road to pick up the helmet soon.

--Anoop
Old 23rd December 2014, 14:30   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cool - can you share me the model and price, and if possible, a photo also? Will sure hit JC road \ Lalbagh road to pick up the helmet soon.
No model as such since its again a local made one specifically for kids with Chhota Bheem photos and all that. But I wanted him to have something protective for the head and face so bought it. Cost is 400/-
Old 23rd December 2014, 15:30   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No model as such since its again a local made one specifically for kids with Chhota Bheem photos and all that. But I wanted him to have something protective for the head and face so bought it. Cost is 400/-
Ok got it - I have seen that. Thank you.
I have heard studds also have some kids specific models - will check out that also.
Old 30th December 2014, 06:49   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
As man_of_steel quoted, it is inugel expert from Motul. It is available at a MRP of 195INR over the counter. But in my year of ownership, I have never topped up the coolant till now let alone replace it. It is replaced only during the service by the SVC.

If you still need one, let me know I have one with me which I can give away. This was purchased from the SVC during the Ladakh ride and has not been used till date and still sealed.
At last, I made good of this offer and met Uday today morning to collect the coolant. It was nice meeting you Uday, and thank you for your kind gesture.

--Anoop

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks