Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2014, 12:34   #76
BHPian

Went to check the bike today as tomorrow is the registration. Its the same bike which I test rode a week back. The odo shows 35kms. I dont remember the odo when i test rode it.He says nobody else has test ridden it after me. As per Vin its a Sep 2014 bike. The vehicle looks fine except for the sand in tyres. Can I go ahead with the same bike? Or should I demand new bike from fresh lot? When I expressed my concerns he was kind of nothing can be done now as its allocated to me.
Old 11th November 2014, 14:32   #77
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post
When I expressed my concerns he was kind of nothing can be done now as its allocated to me.
Until and unless the bike is registered at the RTO, it is not allocated to you!! So he cannot give you that BS about it being allocated to you. Max, he would have put that VIN number on the documents that you have signed which will go to the RTO. He has to use a fresh set of forms for the new VIN of the bike you select.

If you are not comfortable with the bike as you think it might have been used for TD, why take a chance. Tell him that you have paid up full money and hence you need a bike from the fresh lot. Even better, ensure that he calls you at the time of unloading the bikes from the truck. You can ensure they are unloaded properly and you can select the bike of your choice.
abhinav.s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2014, 12:16   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Went to check the bike today as tomorrow is the registration. Its the same bike which I test rode a week back. The odo shows 35kms. I dont remember the odo when i test rode it.He says nobody else has test ridden it after me. As per Vin its a Sep 2014 bike. The vehicle looks fine except for the sand in tyres. Can I go ahead with the same bike? Or should I demand new bike from fresh lot? When I expressed my concerns he was kind of nothing can be done now as its allocated to me.
Did the registration happen and did you get the bike? They cannot refuse you a bike from new lot since you have not done any paperwork with RTO, so if you are not happy, refuse the bike.

Begin said that, I think you can go ahead with that bike if you can do one more PDI and if the results are satisfactory.

--Anoop
Old 14th November 2014, 14:27   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Did the registration happen
Yes Anoop. Couldnt wait for the new lot and grabbed that same black one . Couldnt find any fault with that bike on two PDI sessions except for a very very small scratch on the left grab rail. They replaced it before delivery. Got the bike on Wednesday evening and since its raining for the last two days in Chennai couldnt ride the bike. Only today morning took her out and filled shell super petrol, checked air and rode for 15 kms. Rev limiter is set at 5K. For 6th gear i did not see rev limiter light even after 5k rpm. After filling petrol the fuel indicator did not move up for some 5 minutes. Only after i rode for half a km it moved up. Brakes are superb. In first and second gear while moving if i reduce the throttle there is some jumping. Is it something that i need to worry? As the bike is very dirty due to rains i havent taken any snaps yet. For that matter i havent even taken her to temple for pooja yet.
Old 14th November 2014, 15:31   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes Anoop. Couldnt wait for the new lot and grabbed that same black one . Couldnt find any fault with that bike on two PDI sessions except for a very very small scratch on the left grab rail. They replaced it before delivery. Got the bike on Wednesday evening and since its raining for the last two days in Chennai couldnt ride the bike. Only today morning took her out and filled shell super petrol, checked air and rode for 15 kms. Rev limiter is set at 5K. For 6th gear i did not see rev limiter light even after 5k rpm. After filling petrol the fuel indicator did not move up for some 5 minutes. Only after i rode for half a km it moved up. Brakes are superb. In first and second gear while moving if i reduce the throttle there is some jumping. Is it something that i need to worry? As the bike is very dirty due to rains i havent taken any snaps yet. For that matter i havent even taken her to temple for pooja yet.

Congratulations Did you opt for the hand guard?

The flashing light is not a rev limiter per-se, it is like a shift indicator light. Since you cannot upshift from 6th, the light wont light up even if you cross 5K revs in 6th gear.

I hope you switched off your bike when the fuel was filled (I know shell insists on switching off the bike, but just asking to make sure). I have never faced this issue - my fuel indicator registers the amount instantly.

As you put few more miles, the throttle delivery will smooth out - ride for couple of hundred kilometers and observe this jumping still happens.

Also, since it is raining and the tyres are not run in, be extra careful.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 18:02   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Did you opt for the hand guard?
I thought only the D390 comes with handguards. My bike did not have hand guards. Should we need to buy the D390 ones and fix in D200? Currently I am shifting up whenever the shift indicator red light flashes. After first service they move it to 7500 rpm? I switched off the bike while filling fuel. Once done, I switched it ON and waited for the indicator to move up. But nothing happened. Went to fill air and parallely did ON/OFF sequence few more times. But fuel indicator showed same E level with Low fuel warning. I decided to take it to the KTM service and rode for 400m and slowly the indicator level moved up - one bar at a time to the full. Not sure why. Need to check next time and if it happens again will take it to service.
Old 17th November 2014, 11:29   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I thought only the D390 comes with handguards. My bike did not have hand guards. Should we need to buy the D390 ones and fix in D200? Currently I am shifting up whenever the shift indicator red light flashes. After first service they move it to 7500 rpm? I switched off the bike while filling fuel. Once done, I switched it ON and waited for the indicator to move up. But nothing happened. Went to fill air and parallely did ON/OFF sequence few more times. But fuel indicator showed same E level with Low fuel warning. I decided to take it to the KTM service and rode for 400m and slowly the indicator level moved up - one bar at a time to the full. Not sure why. Need to check next time and if it happens again will take it to service.
If you like, you can use the bar end weights from TVS and fix the 390 hand guards on 200 - I have done that and have detailed it in the opening posts. It is very easy.

I think if the fuel level do not register immediately after next refuel, you should show it to the service center.
Old 17th November 2014, 13:00   #83
BHPian

Quote:
? I switched off the bike while filling fuel. Once done, I switched it ON and waited for the indicator to move up. But nothing happened. Went to fill air and parallely did ON/OFF sequence few more times. But fuel indicator showed same E level with Low fuel warning. I decided to take it to the KTM service and rode for 400m and slowly the indicator level moved up - one bar at a time to the full. Not sure why. Need to check next time and if it happens again will take it to service.
This is the exact case with my bike too(duke 390) , in fact I was concerned myself when I observed this the first time and did the exact same thing as you - switch it on off multiple times before riding on , within a minute(or half a kilometer , the delay is quite long no doubt and theexperthand's comment suggest otherwise with his bike - confused here ) , the gauge started filling a bar at a time . I believe this is normal and no reason to worry , still waiting for a few other duke owners to confirm.

Speaking of fuel gauge though , I find it not accurate as in the level indicated . After a refill , first 100 km it moves down by just 1 bar and in the next 70/80 it moves down by 5/6 bar all the way to displaying just a bar left ! The mileage calculated is wrong too , showing 25/26 while I am getting 21/22 so accurate figures need to be calculated .

Last edited by basuroy : 17th November 2014 at 13:02.
Old 17th November 2014, 13:07   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basuroy View Post
This is the exact case with my bike too(duke 390) , in fact I was concerned myself when I observed this the first time and did the exact same thing as you - switch it on off multiple times before riding on , within a minute(or half a kilometer , the delay is quite long no doubt and theexperthand's comment suggest otherwise with his bike - confused here ) , the gauge started filling a bar at a time . I believe this is normal and no reason to worry , still waiting for a few other duke owners to confirm.
Quite normal and no need to worry.
man_of_steel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 13:23   #85
Senior - BHPian

I usually fill from the Shell pump near Graphite. After the refill, I park my bike, walk to the counter to sign the slip (I use a shell card and they needs signature on shell card, but not on regular credit \ debit cards), wear my helmet, spectacles and gloves - so, all in all, my bike will be switched off for anything between 5 - 10 minutes after the refill. Not sure if this is the reason I immediately see the updated fuel level soon after I switch on the bike.
When I refuel next time, I will switch on immediately after the refill and will update my observations.

I need to buy coolant - I hope the service center sells coolant bottles (castrol radicool premix) over the counter and I think the bikes comes pre-filled from factory with castrol radicool premix.

--Anoop
Old 17th November 2014, 13:46   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I need to buy coolant - I hope the service center sells coolant bottles (castrol radicool premix) over the counter and I think the bikes comes pre-filled from factory with castrol radicool premix.
Are you sure it is Castrol? The 390 uses Motul Inugel I thought 200 also used the same.
Old 17th November 2014, 14:55   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Are you sure it is Castrol? The 390 uses Motul Inugel I thought 200 also used the same.
No - unfortunately I am not sure if it is Castrol or Motul. I will drop by the marathalli service center and will check if they sell it over the counter. If not, will try to get the name\brand from one of the service advisers.

--Anoop
Old 17th November 2014, 18:51   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

--Anoop
Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
As man_of_steel quoted, it is inugel expert from Motul. It is available at a MRP of 195INR over the counter. But in my year of ownership, I have never topped up the coolant till now let alone replace it. It is replaced only during the service by the SVC.

If you still need one, let me know I have one with me which I can give away. This was purchased from the SVC during the Ladakh ride and has not been used till date and still sealed.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 19:17   #89
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hijack a bit here but this is the thread that's been updated last for the Duke 200.

A friend of mine has owned his Duke 200 for some months now and says that the console is not showing the correct information. As in, it starts fine but is missing some information - the Avg mileage etc is not displayed at all. Sometimes it shows up but goes off again. The console display is fine otherwise. Anyone know a fix for this? The ASC as usual say that the console has to be changed.
Old 18th November 2014, 11:30   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
As man_of_steel quoted, it is inugel expert from Motul. It is available at a MRP of 195INR over the counter. But in my year of ownership, I have never topped up the coolant till now let alone replace it. It is replaced only during the service by the SVC.

If you still need one, let me know I have one with me which I can give away. This was purchased from the SVC during the Ladakh ride and has not been used till date and still sealed.
Thank you! During the last service, the SA missed to top up the coolant and now it is hovering near the minimum mark - so I thought instead of getting it topped up at SVC, will buy it so that if needed in future, I can do the top up myself. Thank you for the offer - will take it gladly. let us catch up over PM about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Sorry to hijack a bit here but this is the thread that's been updated last for the Duke 200.

A friend of mine has owned his Duke 200 for some months now and says that the console is not showing the correct information. As in, it starts fine but is missing some information - the Avg mileage etc is not displayed at all. Sometimes it shows up but goes off again. The console display is fine otherwise. Anyone know a fix for this? The ASC as usual say that the console has to be changed.
You are most welcome. Is the bike still under warranty? If yes, get it changed for peace of mind. If not, I will start with looking at the connector and solder points to see if there is anything loose.

I also have a minor issue with the console - My console clock do not keep time - as in, if I keep the bike unused for a week, the time will be off, but if I keep using the bike regularly, the time will hold. But since it is only the clock, I have not complained to ASC about the it.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks