Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2020, 20:12   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200

Went to Motospark today to get my brake pads changed, came out with mixed feelings. The workmanship is ok-ok, nothing much to gauge since it is a standard procedure, but couple of points I did not like:

1. The guy (Aslam or something similar, forgot the name – seems to be a partner) took my bike and first thing he told me that the oil seal at the drive shaft is broke and oil is leaking. I tried to explain that I cleaned and lubed the bike today morning and the excess oil dripping is probably the chain lube, but his response was “it’s my line of work, I know it”. Ok, I let it slide and asked him to get it checked to make sure if it is a leak. Later I mentioned to him that the reason why I wanted to double check is that I checked the oil level today also and it was not low so he gave me some gyan on how to correctly check the oil level. I agreed and to be on safer side, I asked him to check it – he said he will but did not happen.

2. The mechanic emptied a whole bottle of worth brake clean spray (small bottle) to clean the caliper. He cleaned the inside, then proceeded to spray the cleaner on the disk, then washed the outside of the caliper, sprayed it inside again, then sprayed it outside again, then used it to clean his hand – in short, made sure that the whole bottle is used. I find it really useless. I can understand they are using it to clean the muck out from the caliper but misusing it so that they finish the bottle and bill it to me – a BIG thumbs down from my side.

3. After the pads were changed, the mech said the brake lever action is fine, but the owner guy insisted that there is some air inside and it needs to be bled. I tried but could not find any problem, but still I asked to go ahead. They bled the oil and filled new oil (TVS Girling) and while billing, he asked the mech if he used TVS or Maxima. If there was a choice, I would have gone with Maxima. So, a minor thumbs down for not informing me the choices available. The quality of the bleed was also so-so.

My main aim was to see if they are good enough for me to get my bike serviced and I realised I will be much happy with Highlander. So, not going back to Motospark in all probability.

PS: They did not charge any labor and billed only the parts, but I would have been much happier if they billed labor and judiciously used the consumables.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 05:33   #362
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200

The reply from Motospark on my feedback. I really appreciate this.

Quote:
Hello sir,

I really appreciate, you taking your time and writing a detailed feedback.
Just to clear a few things from our end.
On your bike,the area surrounding the gear shifter shaft was soiled up, as you had mentioned, you had generously applied chain lube twice. To positively find out if there is any leak from the area
1. one would have to clean the whole area, run the bike and observe, if there is any seepage.
2. Monitor the oil level over a period of time and see if there is any oil level drop.

In my experience, i have seen, older duke 200’s tend to develop a leak from that particular oil seal.
So, i had requested you, to monitor that area and observe the oil level for a few days. If there is a leak, then please come back, we will replace the oil seal.

We use the brake cleaner to clean the brake rotor surface, so that any dirt, brake dust is removed from the rotor’s surface, which will help in faster bedding in of the new brake pads. We also use it to clean the brake caliper.

I will instruct my technicians to judicially use it, so that there is no wastage. Thanks for pointing it out.

On application of the brake lever, i could feel a sponginess, which is due to air trapped in the braking system. When the bleeding was being done, one could see a stream of bubbles coming out of the bleed valve, which justified my doubt.

I have also duly noted your point of providing the customer options on the products which will be used.

Thanks again, for providing us with the feedback of the work done, which we will use to improve ourselves, so that we can serve our customers better.

Best Regards

Yassar Nagi
Motospark Motorcycle Services Pvt Ltd
--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks