Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2015, 15:39   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
I checked with them if we can get Ralson or Ceat but they said they are not aware of either of them to be a correct fit on a Duke and have said they have never fixed one :(
Also, no tubeless design available in Sirac street.

--Anoop
For Ralson/Ralco you can go on to their website and check out the contact details for their Bangalore office and speak to someone. That's what I did (for Pune).
Old 15th June 2015, 15:50   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
For Ralson/Ralco you can go on to their website and check out the contact details for their Bangalore office and speak to someone. That's what I did (for Pune).
I checked that already - they have listed only one branch for entire Karnataka, and that is at Hubli. Also, I did drop an e-mail to them last week, but yet to hear back. Will do some more search in the JC road area, may be next week.

--Anoop
Old 15th June 2015, 16:00   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I checked that already - they have listed only one branch for entire Karnataka, and that is at Hubli. Also, I did drop an e-mail to them last week, but yet to hear back. Will do some more search in the JC road area, may be next week.

--Anoop
Bangalore Branch Office 080-26746090
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 17:21   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While I was there, casually enquired about options for Duke 200 - they have Michelin Pilot Street radial in stock and recommended them - total cost 10K for both front and rear

--Anoop
You might be referring to the Langford town branch of Madhus.

The JC Road one deals with the majority of the 2/3W sales. Do visit this and check out with Mr. Manju. This is 2 shop before the signal on the left hand side of the Siddiah road and is hid by a tree. Keep an eye out or you might miss it.
unk9ja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 17:36   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
You might be referring to the Langford town branch of Madhus.

The JC Road one deals with the majority of the 2/3W sales. Do visit this and check out with Mr. Manju. This is 2 shop before the signal on the left hand side of the Siddiah road and is hid by a tree. Keep an eye out or you might miss it.
Yes - I was talking about the Langford road one. Will check with the JC Road, thank you for the pointer

--Anoop
Old 6th July 2015, 17:13   #171
Senior - BHPian

The day: I don't remember.
The Time: Around 9.45 PM.
The Place: Office Parking lot.
The Incident: Flat Tyre.

After wrapping up a hectic day's work, I reached parking lot at around 9.45 PM to start my journey back to home base - was doing the usual pre-ride check and it was then I noticed that the pressure on rear tyre was low. Did a visual inspection and found the culprit - a deeply embedded nail. After assessing the situation, I realized that the air leak is very small and I will be better off riding the bike in limp mode than removing the nail and getting started at Whitefield at an unholy hour.

Rode the bike 25 km with about 3/4th of the original pressure (seat of the pant feel) and as suspected, not even a single tyre repair shop was open at that time. Contrary to usual rides, had more than enough time for some contemplation while riding and decided that I need to carry a tyre inflator as an insurance. After reaching home I did spent some time at Amazon and came up with two choices - Slime 40001 or ResQtech Micro. I was initially skeptical about ResQtech because it is a lesser known brand (at-least, to me) but more research and a quick chat session with BHPian Man of Steel (who owns one) put my mind on ease and I ordered one promptly (A few days after this, I saw the update by Sojo where he have also picked up the same inflator).

After 5 days of placing the order, I got this pack at hand.
The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-img_20150704_132930212.jpg

I knew this is compact, but never thought it will be so compact.
The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-img_20150704_153130745.jpg

The inflator came with a properly filled warranty card and invoice.
The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-img_20150704_153253149.jpg

The connectors and additional nozzles which came with the pack.
The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-img_20150704_153426237.jpg

Yes, it is that compact.
The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-img_20150704_153450408.jpg

The connector, connected to Duke's battery and safely tucked in for future emergencies.
The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-img_20150704_160309849.jpg

The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-img_20150704_160714040.jpg

The only other piece of tool kit I could manage to store under the non existent storage space under the rear seat.
The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-img_20150704_160621999.jpg

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 17:34   #172
Senior - BHPian

Anoop, from what I've heard, these units are pretty delicate and susceptible to being bashed around. Especially the pillion seat of a high strung Duke.
Old 6th July 2015, 17:34   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The connector, connected to Duke's battery and safely tucked in for future emergencies.
That is a really, really neat product! Worth the buy. I have always been worried about flat tyres at night times.

Did you test it? Also, I guess the engine needs to be running when using the inflator?
Old 6th July 2015, 19:50   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Anoop, from what I've heard, these units are pretty delicate and susceptible to being bashed around. Especially the pillion seat of a high strung Duke.
Doc, the inflator is not connected to the bike - I keep it in my backpack. What I have connected is the battery connector which I can plug in to the inflator when required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
That is a really, really neat product! Worth the buy. I have always been worried about flat tyres at night times.

Did you test it? Also, I guess the engine needs to be running when using the inflator?
Yeah Naveen - a neat, compact product. Yes, I did test it but only topping up (did not try to inflate a full flat tyre). Yes, the engine needs to be running when using the inflator.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 11:51   #175
Senior - BHPian

Today while riding to office, I was negotiating a traffic block and while squeezing through a gap at about 10-15 kmph, my gear lever graced a jutting stone and voila - the gear lever broke off cleanly.
Bad luck or bad quality - I am not sure what to think about this.
But I know one thing - I have had more stronger hits during many trail rides on my other bikes and none of them have a broken gear or break lever till now.

Had to ride the bike like this for about 5-6 km in peak traffic and have to ride it back to SVC, and boy, it is not fun.

The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-img_20150707_102209637.jpg

The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-img_20150707_102306933.jpg

--Anoop
Old 7th July 2015, 12:00   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The inflator will work with the provided connector even if the ignition is off. The connector is just a direct wire(s) to positive and negative terminals. However, it's always advisable to keep the engine running to avoid battery drain.
man_of_steel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 12:03   #177
BHPian

Quote:
The thing fills up really quick, relatively. I did 17 to 33 psi in around a minute or so. It heats up if you are running it for too long though. It can run without the engine running but it might drain the battery if it is being done for too long.

The only issue I face is while taking the nozzle off, unless you are quick, you will leak a considerable amount of air. This happens more on my Z where the room to play around is less due to the thickness and the large discs. The pressure gauge is pretty accurate too.

Quote:
Today while riding to office, I was negotiating a traffic block and while squeezing through a gap at about 10-15 kmph, my gear lever graced a jutting stone and voila - the gear lever broke off cleanly.
That is super scary to say the least ! Breaking of lever is suddenly becoming a phenomenon too common in the last few days in the Dukes. The heat doing things to its physical characteristics ? Also, if possible, find a forged lever and get them on. These are way too risky especially with the roads you like to traverse
Sojogator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 19:31   #178
Senior - BHPian

Got the gear leaver fixed from Marathalli KTM - it was a 10 minutes job.
Breakup:
Gear leaver : 348 INR
Labour Charges: 114 INR ( A bit high in my opinion - for what is essentially a 10 minutes DIY job)
Chain Adjustment and Lube : 144 - This in my opinion, is a rip off. They charge 68.40 for labour and 75.86 for the chain lube. Should never visit the ASS againf or adjusting the chain slack

--Anoop
Old 8th July 2015, 20:02   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Got the gear leaver fixed from Marathalli KTM - it was a 10 minutes job.
Breakup:
Gear leaver : 348 INR
Labour Charges: 114 INR ( A bit high in my opinion - for what is essentially a 10 minutes DIY job)
Chain Adjustment and Lube : 144 - This in my opinion, is a rip off. They charge 68.40 for labour and 75.86 for the chain lube. Should never visit the ASS againf or adjusting the chain slack

--Anoop
Anoop, no doubt that the labour charges are exorbitant.
In my experience, BSK KTM never charged me for chain adjustment. Rarely for lubing. Hardly used to come to Rs. 70, if billed.

Would advise you to scan your bill and escalate the matter.
This sinusoidal approach of KTM towards its customers intrigues me more than the truth of Area 51!
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2015, 18:27   #180

hello folks,
Finally i got my bike delivered yesterday. Thanks to @theexperthand and @ebonho for your valuable advices. Thank you so much.
vishnurohith is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks