Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2006, 15:22   #1
BHPian

low mileage on my apache?!

hi guys
i wanted some advise abt my bike . i am only getting a poor mileage of 31-35kmpl from the bike . my ride is fast i admit that i ride it above 80kmph ever now and then but it is still very low.
on the second free service this sunday i told the chap to see to it.he told me that there might be problem with tuning ,carb or tyre pressure and will take care of it but after the service the condition is same no change in mileage. what can be the possible reason . i have also tested by riding steady at 40kmph but the best i got was 43kmpl . very dissapointing experience from my side
Old 11th July 2006, 15:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

Whts the odo reading? My cousin is getting 57kmpl @ 50kmph
Odo reading: 470kms, but the bike struggles to attain speeds above 50kmph
Old 11th July 2006, 15:59   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Whts the odo reading? My cousin is getting 57kmpl @ 50kmph
Odo reading: 470kms, but the bike struggles to attain speeds above 50kmph
my odo reading is 2710kms and bike doesn't struggles at all have gone upto 110kmph after runnnin-in period
Old 11th July 2006, 16:02   #4
BHPian

get to a authorised TVS dealer and ask him to check the CO level and have the tuning adjusted, this should rectify your mileage problem, also please check the mileage takfull to tankfull, if necessary adjust the tappet when engine is cold
Old 11th July 2006, 16:06   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth
get to a authorised TVS dealer and ask him to check the CO level and have the tuning adjusted, this should rectify your mileage problem, also please check the mileage takfull to tankfull, if necessary adjust the tappet when engine is cold
what is CO level?? checked mileage by taking out all the petrol form the tank and then filling 1.95ltr of petrol the bike stopped at 62.5kms on the odo
Old 12th July 2006, 11:07   #6
BHPian

well co is CARBON MONOXIDE level for the emmission control the bike has to run at the company specified level for good mileage and pick up, the correct way of checking mileage would be to add 250 ml of petrol in a canister connect it to the carb run 10kms, measure the left over petrol in the canister and calculate, but mind it do not drain the carb of petrol
Old 12th July 2006, 18:46   #7

Have you been getting the same low mileage since you bought the bike or has the problem started recently?? If it the problem has started recently then what happened after which the mileage dropped?
Old 12th July 2006, 21:07   #8

New bee on this forum!

I am getting 55km/pl. Am done with around 3000kms on my apache and enjoying every wheel of it...
Old 13th July 2006, 14:58   #9
BHPian

i took the bike to the KS motors headbranch(they have 4 branches) and addressed the problem to Mr.gehlot of customer relations. he took the bike and made me sit in the waiting room and after 25-30 mins he came back telling me that there was some problem in the bike which is now resolved . neither he mentioned nor i asked what was the problem . he told me now to check the same and not to cross 60kmph .......the resultant mileage was 57 kmpl. cudn't beleive it but yes the mileage is back don't know how but its good for me ..

blowingindawind---this problem was prevailing after 1900kms to 2700kms noted that quite later.

mods-i think my problem is solved and this thread can be closed

and all the ppl trying to help out . thanks thanks thanks
Old 13th July 2006, 21:37   #10
BHPian

Whoa! whoa! Dude. Your problem is solved but again what was the problem. Would really appreciate it if you could find out what the problem was and let us know.
Old 22nd July 2006, 09:41   #11
BHPian

It could have been something jammed in his Apache's SAI (Secondary Air Induction) pipe. That would probably cause wastage of fuel as it would not provide enough clean air into the combustion chamber which could cause fuel to be wasted.

And generally problems like these can be sorted out in 15-20 mins, as is the time TVS took to sort this problem out.

Just a suggestion dude, you should have pestered them to know what had actually happened.
Old 22nd July 2006, 22:59   #12
BHPian

Hey! Gravit, you have single handedly made this look like grievance forum. Just to let you know IT AIN'T.

If this forum isn't for learning and sharing stuff with others then whats the point in joining this forum. I'm glad that your problem is fixed and your mileage figures are to your satisfaction. But your attitude to just have your problem fixed and dont' even put in the effort to ask as to what the problem was or how he fixed it is really disheartening. Different story if had asked and they didn't tell you. Even if they said something discrete regarding the problem we could have worked out what the problem might have been.

NOT COOL MAN.

Last edited by TheCockroach : 22nd July 2006 at 23:01.
Old 23rd July 2006, 11:24   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCockroach
Hey! Gravit, you have single handedly made this look like grievance forum. Just to let you know IT AIN'T.

If this forum isn't for learning and sharing stuff with others then whats the point in joining this forum. I'm glad that your problem is fixed and your mileage figures are to your satisfaction. But your attitude to just have your problem fixed and dont' even put in the effort to ask as to what the problem was or how he fixed it is really disheartening. Different story if had asked and they didn't tell you. Even if they said something discrete regarding the problem we could have worked out what the problem might have been.

NOT COOL MAN.
ok ok me too think that its unfair on my part to explain the problem to fellow bhpians .

i enquired the problem a cple of days ago but it was stupid of me not posting that . now the problem was from the carbuerretor setting as i understood of what he explained ... he told me that they allow more fuel to a new bike before the first service .along with that my front wheel was jammed due to the disc brake .that was the reason for low mileage and also for the bike not crossing 110kmph .the problem is resolved as i am getting good mileage as per my need and i can feel that bike is not getting restricted in pickup .
i still think that tvs's quality is upto the mark .

so guys that was the problem i faced . i dont have good english so dont mind if any mistake in explaining the problem
Old 24th July 2006, 03:07   #14
BHPian

Hmmmmmmm, That description is still vague. But it seems like you had a tuning issue with your bike. Did you find any kinda fluttering or did it seem like the bike would die out at higher RPM? Can verify if the bike was running rich by looking at the plug. What exactly did they do with the disc brake? Did they overhaul the caliper within 25-30 mins?

Most Viewed