Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2016, 11:19   #91
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Please consider a bike for your usage pattern. My daily commute is also a round trip of 45 kms, which I tried for 2+ years on my Wego (now sold). I had the same problem as Sajo, and no amount of posture or riding position change had any beneficial effect (I am 5'9'', just for your reference). Don't think it would be too different on a Jupiter or Access.

Cheers,
Vikram
Hi Vikram,

Just to satisfy my curiosity, how did you grip the handle bar?

Reason for me asking is because when someone says they're facing upper body pain from riding the first thing to observe is how they're holding onto the motorcycle.
The right way to hold onto a motorcycle is by gripping it(namely the fuel tank) with your thighs and using the handle purely for steering purposes, but since scooters are made different we tend to hold onto it by gripping on the handle bar, this in turn transfers shock to your arms, shoulders and back, the best way I counter this is by locking my knee onto the front frame when braking and cornering as it helps me to stay in place, the rest of the time I just sit casually like I do on my sofa at home while watching television.

Reason for me insisting to consider the above option is because I'm a fat dude weighing north of 110kgs and yet I've not faced any ergonomic issues with the scooter.

Cheers.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 10:22   #92
BHPian

Re: TVS Jupiter or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
I observe in few reviews about issues like petrol leakage and heating issues in Jupiter.
Also, when i did test ride on bad roads/humps the rear gives a thud. Is it due to soft suspension.
Are these resolved now in latest models?
Our Jupiter was from the first lot.
And yes, we faced the petrol leakage problem, which was due to the petrol delivery tube from the tank to the carburetor was a tad short. This was corrected by replacing it with a lengthier tube. It never re-occurred.

The Rear Suspension can be adjusted in Three stages or so. We also felt the thud, and after changing the setting of the Rear suspension to another stage, the thud stopped too.

Hope that clarifies.
yogesa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 22:21   #93
BHPian

Thanks friends for reviews.

Coming to choosing Normal Jupiter vs Sync Brake Jupiter.
I found not much difference other than the normal Jupiter I can control to my liking.
Also, from TVS SVC told the Sync Brake is tuned with 80(rear):20(front) ratio setting.
Any specific feedbacks which would be better. Ofcourse, its individual choice.
Just want to finalize on advantage of having combi brakes over individual brakes.
Old 26th November 2016, 12:21   #94
Senior - BHPian

Is there a sync brake Jupiter on sale too ?
I am thinking of having the disc retrofitted, given Jupiter's rather weak braking. Anyone here has done it ?
Old 26th November 2016, 14:52   #95
BHPian

Test drove the Sync Braking in both Wego & Jupiter.
Brakes have real bite compared to normal brakes. Not sure its a deal breaker.
But, it was confident using them. Tried atleast 6-7 times on straight line and 2 hard braking. Felt confident on Sync Brakes of TVS. Seems like tyres quality is also improved.

@sajo: Sync Brakes in Jupiter comes only with ZX models. It should be mandatory in all models.
Old 10th December 2016, 22:22   #96
BHPian

I am planning to buy a gear-less scooter and TVS Jupiter is the front runner for the same. When I checked the website, I do see Regular Jupiter, Jupiter ZX and Jupiter Million R Edition listed there. When I visited nearby dealer to check Jupiter ZX, they informed me that ZX model is no longer available. As per them, there is only Regular Jupiter and Million R Edition with Disc brake and are suggesting to go for the same.

I am not sure if they are giving me correct information but I may go for Million R Edition just because of Disc Brakes availability.
Old 11th December 2016, 04:25   #97
BHPian

Have you tried the new Suzuki Access 125. I find it awesome. There is one on my building parking and every time I pass it just can't stop admiring it. This one's in dark blue and looks top class. It's huge though with acres of space be it seat or footboard . The seat looks like a sofa. Do try it out.

Last edited by rajivr1612 : 11th December 2016 at 04:26.
Old 11th December 2016, 19:50   #98
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bageera View Post
I am planning to buy a gear-less scooter and TVS Jupiter is the front runner for the same. When I checked the website, I do see Regular Jupiter, Jupiter ZX and Jupiter Million R Edition listed there. When I visited nearby dealer to check Jupiter ZX, they informed me that ZX model is no longer available. As per them, there is only Regular Jupiter and Million R Edition with Disc brake and are suggesting to go for the same.

I am not sure if they are giving me correct information but I may go for Million R Edition just because of Disc Brakes availability.
I think the ZX not available is not true. It is to Push the Million-R edition to you. In Pune, the normal and ZX versions are readily available and the Million-R edition has a waiting period of 2 weeks.

However, if you can afford an extra 7-8k, as rajivr1612 suggested, please go for the new Access 125. It looks awesome and the extra torque will make a difference.

Last edited by para_7k : 11th December 2016 at 19:52.
Old 12th December 2016, 03:21   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Have you tried the new Suzuki Access 125. I find it awesome. There is one on my building parking and every time I pass it just can't stop admiring it. This one's in dark blue and looks top class. It's huge though with acres of space be it seat or footboard . The seat looks like a sofa. Do try it out.
There were two things why we did not go for Access 125. Firstly, wifey felt the accelerator too responsive to her liking. Secondly, bad reputation of Suzuki A$$ as per my friend who owns an Access already.
Old 18th December 2016, 13:09   #100
BHPian

Quick update guys! Finally bought TVS Jupiter Million R Edition on Friday. Have rode already close to 100 kms inside city. Feels smooth and nimble in traffic.

It cost 66K on the road for me in Cochin.
Bageera is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 15:02   #101
BHPian

Fellow Jupiter owners, I seem to have a strange problem in my 2 month old Jupiter.
The bike seems as if it pulls towards the right side.

I took it to service center and they said there was a 1mm offset in the fork and it is corrected. The mechanic also showed me by taking his hands off at speeds of 40-50 km/h and bike ran fine.

Now, the problem is I still feel the same that it pulls for right. The mechanic says I have to get it out of my mind.

I tried testing in different speeds/roads and when I took my hands off at 40-50 it goes fine.

But in lower speeds (<40) it does not go when hands are off it does not feel right.

I know and I understand that taking hands off is a recipe for disaster. But I could not find a way to take this out of my mind and get convinced.

Can some one tell me what is the right way to check if the handle bar/fork is fine.
Old 22nd January 2017, 22:32   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
Can some one tell me what is the right way to check if the handle bar/fork is fine.
Could it be a problem with wheel balancing and alignment ? You can try and get it checked. Else try riding another Jupiter and see if it feels the same way.
Old 23rd January 2017, 09:49   #103
BHPian

I think the new Access makes good sense. I am thinking of picking up one for myself. They have reduced the weight on the new one and also worked on the scooter. Its got a good punch plus has good braking and handling as compared to the Honda scooters. TVS scooters were a bit under powered especially when you ride with a pillion. The Vespas as overpriced and sound crude as compared to the jap scooters. The Aprilia is a good but its heavier than the rest even though it looks tiny.
Old 23rd January 2017, 10:14   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Could it be a problem with wheel balancing and alignment ? You can try and get it checked. Else try riding another Jupiter and see if it feels the same way.
Thanks for your reply. Is there something called wheel balancing and alignment in scooters ? Where to get this checked.

The service center of course gave me another Jupiter which is their own. It felt horrible to say the least due to the abuse by mechanics.

I will try to borrow someone's Jupiter to see how it feels.
Old 23rd January 2017, 14:56   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
Fellow Jupiter owners, I seem to have a strange problem in my 2 month old Jupiter.
The bike seems as if it pulls towards the right side.
Could it be the tires ? I have the stock tyres on mine and it tramlines rather noticeably on less than perfect road alignments.
My Jupiter makes this rather irritating squeaking noise from the front suspension, constantly. In traffic its drowned out by other noises but it is very much present. My final free service is due next month, and would get it looked at then, it was not rectified properly in two earlier visits.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks