Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2013, 18:24   #1
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! The Bajaj Pulsar 180 NS?

Link to News Section

Bajaj Auto is rumoured to replace the Pulsar 180 DTS-i with a motorcycle that features technology and styling borrowed from the flagship Pulsar 200 NS. The technological bits include liquid cooling for the engine, a four valve head featuring triple spark combustion technology, a 6 speed manual gearbox, twin spar frame and a monoshock rear suspension unit. A possible test mule of the Pulsar 180 NS was spotted testing at Akurdi, Pune.

Scoop! The Bajaj Pulsar 180 NS?-bajaj-pulsar-test-mule-spyshot.jpg

The test mule of the motorcycle, as the solitary spyshot suggests, was camouflaged. Styling of the motorcycle seems very similar to that of the Pulsar 200 NS. Considering the camouflaging of the latest Pulsar test mule, three possibilities emerge:
  • Bajaj could be testing the Pulsar 200 NS with improvements such as fuel injection, new features, etc. This possibility is supported by the presence of camouflage at the tank and the rear cowl.
  • Alternately, the test mule could be a Pulsar 180 NS as the rumours seem to suggest, and the camouflaging of the tank and rear cowl are the other indicators of such a possibility.
  • The test mule could be a regular Pulsar 200 NS used to test the longevity of certain components, a regular affair among automakers.

Of these, the third possibility doesn't seem likely as an un-camouflaged and de-badged test mule of the Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS already does the testing rounds around Chakan and Akurdi. In that light, the test mule spotted by Team-BHP's spy photographer seems to be that of the Pulsar 180 NS or that of the Pulsar 200 NS with improvements. New variants of the Pulsar range are due for launch in the coming months. The mystery is likely to end shortly before that.

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 14th October 2013 at 18:32. Reason: News Link Added
JayPrashanth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 22:18   #2
BHPian

re: Scoop! The Bajaj Pulsar 180 NS?

Good to see yet another Pulsar. We must appreciate Bajaj Auto for keeping the competition under pressure by launching sensible products like this one.

They are supposed to launch a new variant of Discover 100 as well.
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 22:24   #3
BHPian

Love the red highlights on the white bike, Bajaj is truly starting to make head turners ! now only if they do something with that tail light, tired of looking at the same 2 strips on all of them
90BHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 23:48   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Good to see yet another Pulsar. We must appreciate Bajaj Auto for keeping the competition under pressure by launching sensible products like this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BHP View Post
Love the red highlights on the white bike, Bajaj is truly starting to make head turners ! now only if they do something with that tail light, tired of looking at the same 2 strips on all of them
Agree with you guys on this.

Guys at Bajaj know how to add that essence in their products and launch with decent changes and not mere sticker job or a name change like what Hero MotorCorp has been doing from a while.

I do see innovation and a sense to give the market a unique bike/scooter rather keep the same base and change the stickers and re-badge them.

Hats off to Bajaj!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 10:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Love the red highlights on the white bike
That is not a white bike I think. It looks more like a white camouflage. (Notice the tank section)

Quote:
now only if they do something with that tail light
I agree.
The tail lamps need a different design now. Everything starting from the 135 LS almost look the same.

Last edited by bblost : 15th October 2013 at 14:06.
parrys is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 11:35   #6
BHPian

Me thinks it might be the 200 NS testing with FI for Exports.
However, it is already launched in Indonesia with the carburretted version.
Old 15th October 2013, 12:18   #7
BHPian

Launching a 180 NS would be a disaster for Bajaj IMO because it will have to be priced below the 200 NS resulting in a decreased demand for the latter.

So my guess is that either it's a 200 NS with improvements or it's an alpha version of the possible 375 NS, the Duke 390's rival.
fast&furious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 13:53   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&furious View Post
Launching a 180 NS would be a disaster for Bajaj IMO because it will have to be priced below the 200 NS resulting in a decreased demand for the latter.
So what bro! At the end of the day Bajaj is getting the needed sales and figures so why would they have a problem with it. Cannibalism in the same portfolio is OK for many.

Have a look at Maruti and the way they launch cars in every Lakh from 3 to 10 L. No customer who enters Maruti would be disappointed as he'll get a car of his choice and budget. They cannibalise into their own cats but they are happy with the sales and figures.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 18:48   #9
BANNED

Re: Scoop! The Bajaj Pulsar 180 NS?

I feel this is the 200NS with Fi. There were rumors about the same too. I really hope Bajaj comes over with their designs especially for the 200NS. The first time i saw a blue one i thought it was a modified 135LS. Then upon seeing the rear discs i realised it was the NS.
Bajaj sun raha hai na tu?
Old 15th October 2013, 21:07   #10
BHPian

180 NS with FI is not going to happen. There's no FI in NS, so I don't think that there will be FI in 180, which is not the flagship product. But it could be the simple 180, I mean the carb one..
Old 15th October 2013, 21:12   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
So what bro! At the end of the day Bajaj is getting the needed sales and figures so why would they have a problem with it. Cannibalism in the same portfolio is OK for many.
But launching two bikes that look the same isn't a great idea, is it? We don't see that too often at all. But you never know what the Bajajs have in their mind.
Btw, any news about the much-talked-about fully faired version of the P200? No scoops yet?!
Old 15th October 2013, 21:30   #12
BHPian

Rajiv Bajaj has confirmed that Bajaj would launch an all new sub 200cc Pulsar this year and why cant this be a 150CC version instead of 180?

150 makes more sense than the 180. Cost wise 180 might be very close to 200 whereas 150 could be around 80-85k.

To me 180 doesnt make sense or the pic might be of a 200FI
Old 16th October 2013, 00:05   #13
BHPian

Some scoop pics captured by Yogesh Naik of Team Dukes
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...6411846&type=1
Old 17th October 2013, 02:17   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
That is not a white bike I think. It looks more like a white camouflage. (Notice the tank section)

I agree.
The tail lamps need a different design now. Everything starting from the 135 LS almost look the same.

Not sure if you all agree but Bajaj is slowly becoming the Samsung of the Indian bike world. What say?
Old 21st October 2013, 12:17   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if you all agree but Bajaj is slowly becoming the Samsung of the Indian bike world. What say?
I for one do not have a problem with that if they keep on delivering nice designs such as this one. By 'becoming samsung' I guess you mean copying the same form factor/parts over multiple models. Well, that also means greater spare availability and lower cost , which goes down really well with Indian consumers. And they are successfully marrying almost international looking aggressive designs with that concept! win win!!
cr4nkshaft is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks