Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2013, 19:26   #61
BHPian

Re: Scoop! 2014 Hero Karizma ZMR

I was always a fan of the original 'ZMA. From the semi-fairing, the built-in indicators, the analogue tacho & speedo to the gatling-gun exhaust finisher, the dual-lamped tail-lights and the stress-free, butter smooth engine. It was an overall well-packaged bike. Yes, it had it's own shortcomings but there was something in it that appealed to me in a way that no recent launches have managed to. HH were pathetic when it was time to upgrade her and though disappointed with the cosmetic mods, I was somewhat relieved that they didn't mess with the overall design.

Though the ZMR was an upgrade, it didn't entice me much as there was a lot of potential which HH again failed to incorporate. It was a 'neither hate it nor love it' bike for me.

But this?!! I know this has been repeated time and time again but what were they thinking? Just knowing what he wants to see in a bike, even an average teen with raging hormones can dish out a better design than what these retards have come up with. I mean, there have been numerous instances in the past where manufacturers have come up with designs 'inspired' from other cars/bikes but these guys don't even seem to have the talent to pull that one. I won't wish for Hero to get their act together; I'd rather have EBR do the right thing and get outta this while they still can.

Couldn't they have just done this:

Name:  karizmazmr1.gif
Views: 22493
Size:  91.0 KB
Turbo_Torq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 00:13   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik51094 View Post
There's more waiting. check these out. looks like hero's painting plants are malfunctioning. or, is it the designers' brains playing a joke on them?

Attachment 1145316

They are expecting the scooter below to take on the activa. LOL
Attachment 1145317

Not so pleasurable now, eh?
Attachment 1145318

And knowing Indians who just love heromotocorp, it pains now to think that we'll have to see not just 1 or 2 but tonnes of these things plying on indian roads pretty soon!
Sigh! I know who designs the colors and the bikes now or rather their age.

Anyone see the resemblance?
I think the drawing looks a lot better.

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/09/2...luxe-eco-98614

Lot of negative comments on the above link but please read the 3rd comment on the above link?

and I Quote - > Nayak
Quote:
It appears that all comments are more geared from the compotator’s perspective. Hero will do fine if they stick to what they have been saying in their press releases.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! 2014 Hero Karizma ZMR-pp.jpg  

Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 21:25   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post

Lot of negative comments on the above link but please read the 3rd comment on the above link?

and I Quote - > Nayak

Wow, the drawing is really very good! Better than the scooters' color palette! The lesson for heromotocorp is simple - "Why bite the hand that feeds you?" With the old designs itself, if they had just added the new tech with perhaps a small badge (like what honda did for HET), these would continue to rule the roads. Not that they won't now due to the faith they have in hero. There are people who are willing to buy the wierdest designs of hero too, just because it's a hero! The only problem is, those who find these designs quirky will also have to look at it as at every other road, there will be one of these things parked/moving.
kaushik51094 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2013, 11:56   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmane View Post
This new version, dont you guys think that the front whole light unit looks like the Predators head?

Refer this image:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hoI3-fnCag...edator+2+a.jpg

I still do not understand what people find in the ZMR, it is one ugly bike.
The ZMR wasn't totally ugly but yes, it was disproportionate.

Sorry for being OT but that is the Predalien.
Old 15th October 2013, 15:31   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Torq View Post
I was always a fan of the original 'ZMA. From the semi-fairing, the built-in indicators, the analogue tacho & speedo to the gatling-gun exhaust finisher, the dual-lamped tail-lights and the stress-free, butter smooth engine.

But this?!! I know this has been repeated time and time again but what were they thinking? Just knowing what he wants to see in a bike, even an average teen with raging hormones can dish out a better design than what these retards have come up with.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post

and I Quote - > Nayak

Cant stop laughing.

Is that 4th thing in IAB link the CBZ Xtreme? What have they done to its front?? Had owned one and this is not the way they worsen a product's looks.

To me, their first version of almost all their line ups was far better compared to their respective iterations.

Hero in recent time sucks big time with their upgrade/facelift (or letdowns?!).

I think First iteration Karizma or R will have better resale value now. Go Hero Go Get out of the market.

Last edited by ganesc : 15th October 2013 at 15:33.
ganesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 22:27   #66

Mod Note :

Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.
Read the rules section thoroughly before posting further

Karizma, an Empire in indian bike world will be out of the race with his ugly design. As rightly mentioned, too much hands in cooking will spoil the dish. This is the real Example for this.I am wondering how this design got Approved and made for production ?
Totally spoiled the killer looking Bike and everyone's dream bike. All the comments shows what is the frustation from Customer side.After the Split from Honda, Hero is showing their inability to build a premium looking bike...
Firstly they should hire a good Designer team not the team to say OK OK to everything. These comments for each one of us, might feel like bad critics to the company but surely not we are trying to help what you have missed and misunderstand.
Other two wheeler companies except Hero should be HAPPY with these updates.If a company is not listening towards customer expectation properly then it can't survive... Decide !!
Hero should learn from the mistakes now atleast or else it will be too late to recoverr !!!

Last edited by Mpower : 16th October 2013 at 01:37.
Old 16th October 2013, 15:33   #67
BHPian

It is almost like we are having another Kinetic like situation occurring again!!
Old 24th October 2013, 20:58   #68
Senior - BHPian

"More power to ZMR!
The powerhouse of the new ZMR churns out 20 BHP of raw power, guaranteed to set your heart racing!
How many of your are eager to lay you hands on the new Above All machine?"

Reads HeroMotocorp's Facebook Page.
Old 14th January 2014, 09:01   #69
BHPian

When are we getting the new karizma in showrooms ? Does anyone have the information. Please do share. Also are we getting any good discounts on the outgoing model.

Last edited by raghutk : 14th January 2014 at 09:02.
Old 14th January 2014, 17:35   #70
BHPian

People will be making a beeline to purchase the older model, since once they bring in these disgusting new designs the Karizma brand is going to get sullied forever.

The design is an abomination in front of the ZMA-R.

I think the resale value of the older designs is going to go through the roof once they stop selling them.
Old 13th March 2014, 14:54   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmane View Post
People will be making a beeline to purchase the older model, since once they bring in these disgusting new designs the Karizma brand is going to get sullied forever.

The design is an abomination in front of the ZMA-R.

I think the resale value of the older designs is going to go through the roof once they stop selling them.
I just sold my ZMA R few months back.

Looks like Honda have taken the designers with them when they split........
Old 13th March 2014, 19:08   #72
Senior - BHPian

A bit of an OT question.

The 'Hero' Karizma R coming out now(Not the ugly new one) is having the the same old Honda Engine with 'Hero' written on their crank cases. My question is are the engines exactly bulletproof like the Honda collaborated engines? Or is there any possibility in any change in manufacturing processes when Honda left and is there any increased number of issues for the 'Hero' Karizma R?
Old 2nd May 2014, 09:33   #73
Senior - BHPian

http://www.motoroids.com/news/new-20...mages-surface/

Expected more

Quote:
Powering the 2014 ZMA is the same engine that powers the current model. However, for the upcoming bike, the motor has been retuned to churn out a a max power of 19.2 bhp, which is considerably more than the current 17 bhp. The 2014 ZMA can dismiss 60kmph from zero in 3.6 secs and we expect it to have a sub 13 sec run to 100kmph. Top speed could be around 13o kmph.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! 2014 Hero Karizma ZMR-2014herokarizmafaceliftimagesstunts21.jpg.pagespeed.ce.zg6oplz4qj.jpg  

jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks