Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2014, 11:35   #271
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)
Re: KTM RC390 - Now Launched for Rs. 2.05 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverflash View Post
The bike that I always thought got an unfairly bad reputation because of the idiocy/ignorance of riders in India was the Fury, not the RD350.

The Fury was the first bike in India to come with front discs as standard, IIRC. Excellent feature, but it ironically went on to ruin the bike's reputation as rider after rider crashed it (most of them not knowing how to use front brakes effectively). It is a rare biker who has not had a friend/acquaintance from that time badly hurt or even killed on the Fury. Great bike, but too far ahead of its time for the mostly uneducated rider population of this country. Even today, most commuter bikers have no idea that the front brake is the most effective and should be the most used in normal conditions.
A little OT bro, but the Fury actually failed because the engine thanks to its dicey rubber mounting on the chassis cradle would actually shake itself to bits.

Maybe Ram can add more relevant gyaan on the same.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 11:51   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
People may strongly disagree, but these incidents confirm that high performance machines within the reach of common man has some negatives too.
I'd attribute it more to lack of maturity on the part of the rider.
Old 6th November 2014, 11:55   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
A little OT bro, but the Fury actually failed because the engine thanks to its dicey rubber mounting on the chassis cradle would actually shake itself to bits.

Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks for ensuring that I get my learning for the day. :-)

Was it really that bad (the mounting), and did Enfield ever do anything about it?
Old 6th November 2014, 12:12   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks for ensuring that I get my learning for the day. :-)

Was it really that bad (the mounting), and did Enfield ever do anything about it?
Enfield never had anything to do with that bike, except selling and supporting it here in India. It was pure Zundapp. I think it was a one off and it just died a natural death due to lack of interest from all parties concerned. Was definitely a product way ahead of its times in terms of what we had here in India at the time. Good power. Looked great too.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 12:18   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Enfield never had anything to do with that bike, except selling and supporting it here in India. It was pure Zundapp. I think it was a one off and it just died a natural death due to lack of interest from all parties concerned. Was definitely a product way ahead of its times in terms of what we had here in India at the time. Good power. Looked great too.
Mmm, surprised that Enfield never did more than sell it here. Too bad, really - love that bike to bits, especially because it died out a little before my time, so it always had that mystique of not being readily available attached to it. Every time somebody from an older generation referred to it as a "killer" I used to get really angry.
Old 10th November 2014, 22:19   #276
BHPian

A couple of days back, I visited the KTM showroom and I was surprised to hear from the showroom manager that the RC versions were yet to get a complete approval from the Bangalore RTO. When I further asked him on how they could start the RC delivery without the RTO approval, he said the deliveries was happening only with the temporary registrations. I am not sure about the status as of today, but I would like to confirm what the showroom manager had said. Can any of the RC owners from Bangalore confirm on this ???
Old 10th November 2014, 22:43   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
A couple of days back, I visited the KTM showroom and I was surprised to hear from the showroom manager that the RC versions were yet to get a complete approval from the Bangalore RTO. When I further asked him on how they could start the RC delivery without the RTO approval, he said the deliveries was happening only with the temporary registrations. I am not sure about the status as of today, but I would like to confirm what the showroom manager had said. Can any of the RC owners from Bangalore confirm on this ???
This seems to be the trend in Bangalore. The RTO takes its time to accept a new model launch and hence early birds have to use their vehicles on temporary registrations. I remember one of the Fiat showroom folks telling me about this after the launch of the new Evo.
Old 10th November 2014, 23:06   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
A couple of days back, I visited the KTM showroom and I was surprised to hear from the showroom manager that

[]

Can any of the RC owners from Bangalore confirm on this ???
The RC Deliveries are with TR numbers only. They don't even offer a RC200 for a test ride because even basic approval is not yet received for this model (They do offer a test ride on RC390)
Old 11th November 2014, 10:28   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The bike that I always thought got an unfairly bad reputation because of the idiocy/ignorance of riders in India was the Fury, not the RD350.
Quote:

Would have tried to add more bits here, but not doing it because, I don't want some one deleting the jing bang lot as being OT.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 10:55   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Would have tried to add more bits here, but not doing it because, I don't want some one deleting the jing bang lot as being OT.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
I agree. While by and large its a good idea to compartmentalize topics and stick to the general theme of the discussion so that it becomes easier to retrieve information later from archives and does not unnecessarily waste the time of those not interested in anthing but the topic at hand, sometimes things are interrelated, discussions morph and evolve with time, and it is quite a let down when you find posts deleted which you had actually put some effort into in the hope of sharing and contributing. Its a fine balance most times, between an enlightened mature membership and the admin/moderating team, finding the line between where you maintain quality and content and general discipline/feel-good sentiment and yet not interrupt the flow of a discussion and stifle intellectual thought, healthy disagreement, debate and bonhomie. Its a thankless job, being a mod/admin, and it would be in all our collective interest to make their job easier and less demanding.
Old 26th November 2014, 00:38   #281
BHPian

A really good comparison done by MCN

Cyrus_the_virus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 10:25   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus_the_virus View Post
A really good comparison done by MCN
Can't watch utube in office. Can you summarize what it says please?
Old 27th November 2014, 10:18   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Can't watch utube in office. Can you summarize what it says please?
Sorry, just saw your post. I'm guessing you watched it after you got home?
Old 27th November 2014, 11:12   #284
Senior - BHPian

3 things worth noticeable in that MCN video

- The RC has the crappy brakes among the three
- The reviewer liked CBR300 around the tracks
- RC was not tested with Metzelers. The US version is having another tire as stock?
Old 27th November 2014, 11:18   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
- RC was not tested with Metzelers. The US version is having another tire as stock?
They had replaced stock Tyres with some review Tyres for all the bikes. That's why Metz was not there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks