Team-BHP - The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/138082-ktm-duke-390-ownership-experience-thread-9.html)

Can they do a completely black bike?

I am mostly paying advance tomorrow and i dont mind an extra charge to get me blacks :)

Why do they need such a huge front money? Cant they just do it with 30K.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NitinMakhija (Post 3162050)
Thanks to a friend, got these pics from a recent Ghat ride.

Is this a test mule 390? Surprised to see one on the road before any of us have got one.

The 390 is not scribbled on the tank as official pictures suggest?

Quote:

Originally Posted by VW2010 (Post 3162113)
Can they do a completely black bike?

Like this? (courtesy: Wolfy)

The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-black-duke.jpg

The electricals - is it 12v? What kind of battery? Light (halogen?)? Any 12V outlet? Can I install one without skinning?

Engine immobilizer/ alarm can be installed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebonho (Post 3162142)

Attachment 1103196

What tyres are those, do you know? I've been wanting a very similar setup for the duke that I intend to buy soon and this picture was the last nail in the coffin.

Visited KTM Indiranagar to hand over finance documents. A display bike will be there on Monday. Attached the interest rates based on down payment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebonho (Post 3162142)

Attachment 1103196

Doc! Now that's what I call a trans Himalyan bike package, perfect for a tri-nation tour? :D

But what about the dirt splash on the radiator etc due to high mud guard. :eek: Even otherwise with stock mud-guard also there will be a fair amount of dirt splash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandeepmohan (Post 3162332)
Visited KTM Indiranagar to hand over finance documents. A display bike will be there on Monday. Attached the interest rates based on down payment.

Interest rate they are quoting is flat and not floating.
Its like paying over 19% PA for a 12 months loan. Too too expensive IMO.

Opt for a nationalized bank even though documentation is on a higher side.

Even we can get a personal loan for 13 to 14% floating under some corporate tie ups with banks. They why pay so much extra and still get vehicle under hypotheciation?

Check out following link for calculating EMI:
http://www.deal4loans.com/Contents_Calculators.php

Quote:

Originally Posted by djay99 (Post 3162477)
Interest rate they are quoting is flat and not floating.
Its like paying over 19% PA for a 12 months loan.

Thank you providing the link and bringing this to my attention.

Yes; the interest rate is fixed.

I am well aware that nationalized banks have better interest rates as I have a car loan with SBI. Nationalized banks don't really require any more documentation than what I submitted to Bajaj Finance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by djay99 (Post 3162477)

I spoke to the SBI toll free line and their interest rate comes to 17.95% per annum for a two wheeler loan. Nowhere as attractive as their four wheeler loans. I save something like Rs. 900 if I were to compare it to what Bajaj Finance are offering. Trying to get the loan done by myself with SBI will require a little running around. I did it once for my car loan as I opted to do it myself. Its time stuck in traffic, away from office/home to get all the paper work done and at this difference, its not worth is what I feel. What do you say?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandeepmohan (Post 3162661)
Its time stuck in traffic, away from office/home to get all the paper work done and at this difference, its not worth is what I feel. What do you say?

If thats what the saving is, it doesn't make sense at all - Save your frustration by avoid Govt banks.

Unless you are planning to pre-close, Govt Banks have better deals.

For the corner junkies -

This tyre has inclination markings 1 to 5 :thumbs up

The interest rates are pretty high. But they have to keep it that way to make atlesat 15-18K in a year. Else no point renting their money here.

IMHO negotiate and you can strike a deal. Try to up the front money and reduce it to say 1L Loan. Even for 1L you will end up paying close to 12K more in a year with their fee etc added.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amolpol (Post 3162298)
What tyres are those, do you know? I've been wanting a very similar setup for the duke that I intend to buy soon and this picture was the last nail in the coffin.

Front Sirac, Back Vee Rubber.

Was the white and orange color theme (sans orange frame and alloys) available on 200 from before? I thought it's exclusive to the 390! :Frustrati