Team-BHP - The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/138082-ktm-duke-390-ownership-experience-thread-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nasirkaka (Post 3160643)
done! my number is 37 at indiranagar outlet. after waiting for 7-8 months in 2010 for my C5, this less then 3 months does not seem to bad. based on the 200 launch and deliveries, i am sure it wont even touch the 3 month mark. :)

clap:Super stuff!! Congrats!
Worry not, they told us duke 200 enthu cutlets the same thing and delivered exactly a month later (Ours was booking #12 and #13). My friends who booked a month later started getting their bikes within a week.

I am really tempted & have begun thinking of how on a corner exit, one can leave darkies. Its a 150kg, 44 PS bike after all, should do this with ease at speeds below around 70.

But then the ASC being some 200kms away stops me. Along with other priorities :(

BTW, is it the same company which priced the N-300 at ~ Rs. 4L? :confused:

Booked the 390 at Langford road today morning guys! The KTM guys were brilliant. Everything was as per schedule, well managed and overall a very pleasant experience! :thumbs up

I have a small query here. I intend to book the vehicle in my mother's name as she is a bank employee and will get an employee 2-wheeler loan at a very nominal ROI.

For this I need the Pro-Forma invoice carrying her name, as that's what the bank expects. But the Pro-Forma invoice I possess right now is very generic and doesn't carry the applicant's name on it.

Will I get such an invoice on request? And do all banks expect the same?

Quote:

On the plus side they are unveiling the demo bike today. Will be going to check it out.
please share some pics and first feel report. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 3160747)
I am really tempted & have begun thinking of how on a corner exit, one can leave darkies. Its a 150kg, 44 PS bike after all, should do this with ease at speeds below around 70.

But then the ASC being some 200kms away stops me. Along with other priorities :(

BTW, is it the same company which priced the N-300 at ~ Rs. 4L? :confused:

Yes one cylinder 2 lakhs , 2 cylinders 4 lakhs .:D
Ninja is CKD route and not manufactured here ,hence the higher price tag .

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandeepmohan (Post 3160564)
Loan documents for Bajaj Finance @ 9.50% rate of interest/1 Year tenure

Is this a 'special' interest rate quoted by Bajaj finance since they have tied up with KTM? I mean is the same rate applicable to any person who books a 390 and takes a loan from them? Can you please check? Most of the banks are lending 2 wheeler loans only above 15%.

Just back from Shreeram Bajaj, Kanjurmarg.

OTR in Thane is INR 206,000. INR 30,000 booking amount, fully refundable minus INR 4000 if cancelled within waiting period.

90 day waiting but can be made available in early August.

Finance schemes will come in a couple of days.

Wife approves of it!!

Time to work the finances.

The KTM Duke 390 booking I did today would be for my first bike after a gap of over 35 years. And how I enjoyed it.
After being impressed by the specifications , the ride reports and a short test ride on the KTM 200,I was convinced by a short but effective pitch by the Circle Manager Mr.Paul at the Langford Road outlet, Bangalore.
There was quite a line just 30 minutes after store opening but though it was a first for me , I decided to stick it out. Am glad I did; the cross section of people in line, before and after me, their enthusiasm and patience on a week day was surprising. And most of all, there was an air of camaraderie as everyone was so full of anticipation and joy that they had made it! The biking fraternity there seems to be a welcoming one where this bike is more than a means of transport. A good way to kick start weekend biking that has been on my post retirement bucket list. I need to add that the booking process was handled most efficiently too.

I was ready with full cash payment if they had the bike in stock. I was expecting the dealers to hold atleast 10-20 bikes to cover the initial lot. But KTM seems to have different ideas. And now a different kind of wait with many sleepless nights.

KTM Banjara Hills has the service stand with wheels fr around Rs 8000/-. Anyone used one for the 200?? planning to pick one if I have to lubricate the chain every 500 km

Quote:

Originally Posted by nasirkaka (Post 3160793)
please share some pics and first feel report. :)

Saw the bike today at Pune showroom. Orange wheels go along with the color scheme I felt. It looks great.

They even started up the bike and I don't know how to say it but it sounds heavier than 200. No tinny sound that characterizes the 200. With an akra fitment it should sound really nice

Could not take any better pics than the ones already out there.

Duke 390 on-road price Del: Rs.199,949, Mum: Rs. 203,643, Bangalore - Rs.211,841. Chennai Rs.203,902, Hyderabad: Rs.205,523, Pune: Rs.198,046

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weathered (Post 3160879)
Is this a 'special' interest rate quoted by Bajaj finance since they have tied up with KTM?

Due to the association with Bajaj and KTM, it is quite possible that this is a lowered interest rate. I would not call it a special rate. It should apply for any Bajaj/KTM/Kawasaki motor cycle. Bajaj might be offering this to ease the process for the customer as well as encourage business for their own financing unit.

Quote:

I mean is the same rate applicable to any person who books a 390 and takes a loan from them?

Absolutely. Why should it differ? I have a feeling the interest rate is based on what down payment you are willing to make. I was asked this before the interest rate was quoted.

Quote:

Can you please check?

I did. I too found the deal very attractive. You can speak to the finance person at KTM Indiranagar. His name is Mr. Viswanath.

Quote:

Most of the banks are lending 2 wheeler loans only above 15%.

I have not checked with any bank so do not know their rate of interest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3161034)
Duke 390 on-road price Del: Rs.199,949, Mum: Rs. 203,643, Bangalore - Rs.211,841. Chennai Rs.203,902, Hyderabad: Rs.205,523, Pune: Rs.198,046

Off topic, Bangaloreans pay high road taxes anywhere in India, for pathetic roads that are incomparable to anything else in India, Really sad.

The so called IT Hub' Governance is really as low as it can get.

This is not good.

http://www.thehindu.com/business/Ind...89.ece?mstac=0

Its raining 390s in Bangalore !!!
You guys can make a "Team-BHP Only Duke 390 Community" in Bangalore and have atleast 20+ members with the number just growing rapidly!

Such a Euphoria is attached with the launch of this bike.
Though I can't afford one but quite excited to read ownership reports soon clap:

The only things which I didn't quite like about the bike are -
1.Ditto styling as of 200, only difference being the orange trellis frame, but that is not a big differentiating factor.
Only an enthusiast would be able to tell the difference, others will pass it as a 200.
2.The small pillion seat. Perhaps, long distance double seat rides will leave the pillion quite unhappy.
3.Small tank. 10.5 litres for a bike which would be mostly used as a tourer is quite restricting; it won't be returning a high average too in order to compensate for the same..

-Bhargav