Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2024, 19:25   #7366
BHPian

Re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullettuPaandi View Post
I've been using one from Aerol, which has been quite versatile and enough to prevent rust- albeit, I don't live near coastline.
Could you please provide the link for this?
Old 18th August 2024, 19:32   #7367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonith View Post
Could you please provide the link for this?
I bought it from Amazon, but isn't available there except for this combo. Here's a link from JioMart.

But Silicon spray from any reputable brand should do, as long as it is dielectric, if you intend to use on electrical connections.

Last edited by BullettuPaandi : 18th August 2024 at 19:34. Reason: added the 2nd line
BullettuPaandi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2024, 20:02   #7368

Has anyone had any experience with a 16T sprocket at the front for the newer Dukes? (gen 2 and gen 3)

I was thinking of getting the same on my Speed 400 as I've seen some folks do the same abroad. They claim the Duke 390/ Husqy/ Triumph sprockets are interchangeable.
Old 5th September 2024, 07:34   #7369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asininite View Post
Has anyone had any experience with a 16T sprocket at the front for the newer Dukes? (gen 2 and gen 3)
I am unsure of 16T front, but bhpian Yash 390 had replaced his rear sprocket with 42T which almost gives the same gear ratios as a 16T front on a gen 2. You can read his post here,

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post5415646 (The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread)

And for a 16T front watch this video,

Shonith is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2024, 16:53   #7370
BHPian

How does one verify the month and year of manufacturing on a ktm bike? I am purchasing a 390 Duke soon and went to do a PDI on a bike. Using online decoders, I was able to see only the model year encoded in the bin. Pointers to any resource or decoder would be helpful.
Old 10th September 2024, 10:37   #7371

Hello,

Recently i switched from stock Metzeler M5 tyres to TVS Eurogrip protorq extreme on my gen3 duke. I did 600Km on it so far. On this 600Km i did highway rides, and did some spirited riding on the twisties. my stock metzeler's rear end would give up and slide a little if i downshift hard from 3 -> 2 -> 1 but these TVS eurogrips are nice don't have any issues on this area. In the twisties it didn't provide any kind of unnatural feeling.

But Now I'm getting this weird feeling on my bike like the rear feels very sensitive. it's not sliding or anything, it feels weird and about to lose grip(especially when i ride with a pillion). Am i still in the break-in period of these tyres ? or do i have to get used to this?

i always on ride on 29F 32R tyre pressures and i gained a little bit weight over the last few months ( 2-3 Kg, currently 83Kg). do i have set a different preload setting ?
psysu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2024, 00:24   #7372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psysu View Post
Hello,

Recently i switched from stock Metzeler M5 tyres to TVS Eurogrip protorq extreme on my gen3 duke. I did 600Km on it so far. On this 600Km i did highway rides, and did some spirited riding on the twisties. my stock metzeler's rear end would give up and slide a little if i downshift hard from 3 -> 2 -> 1 but these TVS eurogrips are nice don't have any issues on this area. In the twisties it didn't provide any kind of unnatural feeling.

But Now I'm getting this weird feeling on my bike like the rear feels very sensitive. it's not sliding or anything, it feels weird and about to lose grip(especially when i ride with a pillion). Am i still in the break-in period of these tyres ? or do i have to get used to this?

i always on ride on 29F 32R tyre pressures and i gained a little bit weight over the last few months ( 2-3 Kg, currently 83Kg). do i have set a different preload setting ?
600 kms is more than enough to bed in a tire. Tire bedding is something that is a requisite for a new set of tires especially for bikes with radials. The tires come with a layer of factory residue that eventually wears down in the first 200 to 300 kms of running in which helps the tire get to job easier -- which is provide grip. The reason I reckon your rear feels jittery might be due to too low a preload.

A lower preload will make the bike bouncier especially two with up. Get your preload adjusted per your and pillion weight and your tire pressure doubly checked and give it a try.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2024, 22:20   #7373

I was doing a ride from Banglore - B.R hills - K Gudi today.

During the B.R Hills - K Gudi stretch my bike's rear end got suddenly bouncier, did not stop right there to check since i was in the middle of a Tiger reserve. Stopped after 5-10Km at K Gudi lake to check what happened.

saw smoke coming out near the end of my exhaust pipe, caused to due to oil leak from the rear mono shock. sigh

The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-img_20241002_095932.jpg

Had to ride the bike back to my home very carefully, would take it to the service center tomorrow.

But what could be the cause of this? I only heard about Front USD forks oil leakage.
psysu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2024, 07:15   #7374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psysu View Post

saw smoke coming out near the end of my exhaust pipe, caused to due to oil leak from the rear mono shock. sigh

But what could be the cause of this? I only heard about Front USD forks oil leakage.
This could be a manufacturing defect rear suspension go bad very rarely and its difficult to break it even if you ride on bad roads really fast. Your bike is new so I suspect a defect. You should get it replaced under warranty. When you go to the service centre make sure that the rear end of the bike is complete (no tail tidy or shortened up rear end by removing bits and pieces of the plastic panel).

On gen 2 if you remove the wheel hugger and the rear suspension goes bad, ktm wont honour the warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks