Team-BHP - The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/138082-ktm-duke-390-ownership-experience-thread-489.html)

Guys I've begun to get Service Not Reset or something message on every startup. It disappears once I start moving. How can I put it off please? Cant find it in the manual.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebonho (Post 5798686)
Guys I've begun to get Service Not Reset or something message on every startup. It disappears once I start moving. How can I put it off please? Cant find it in the manual.

Service reset is simply increasing the km interval to a higher interval in (km/mph). The service manual does mention this albeit in a different way.

This is as simple as it gets.

https://youtu.be/Xi9fdheBgAA?si=lnfThOE--HeTgkW9

Good luck

Cheers!
VJ

Quote:

Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 (Post 5798693)
Service reset is simply increasing the km interval to a higher interval in (km/mph). The service manual does mention this albeit in a different way.

Cheers!
VJ

Hey Vijay, is it only possible to reset to 5000 km at the reset or can I customize it depending on how many kilometres are remaining since the last service (at 14,381 as on the clock, 15,035 now)? With the MODE for Up and SET for Down?

I'm guessing the MID is not that sophisticated.

Cheers, Doc

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebonho (Post 5799021)
Hey Vijay, is it only possible to reset to 5000 km at the reset or can I customize it depending on how many kilometres are remaining since the last service (at 14,381 as on the clock, 15,035 now)? With the MODE for Up and SET for Down?

I'm guessing the MID is not that sophisticated.

Cheers, Doc

There's a max service KM limit on every bike that has a reset interval. In your case, it's upto you to decide where you'd like the service km ceiling to be set to and it's done within the increments allowed by the computer.

You can keep track of oil change intervals using this method so that the bike keeps us in check even if we don't.

Cheers!
VJ

Quote:

Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 (Post 5799072)
There's a max service KM limit on every bike that has a reset interval. In your case, it's upto you to decide where you'd like the service km ceiling to be set to and it's done within the increments allowed by the computer.

You can keep track of oil change intervals using this method so that the bike keeps us in check even if we don't.

Cheers!
VJ

I didn't understand your reply bro, sorry. I meant, once I press 10 seconds and get the 5000 number, can I then adjust and fine tune that number up or down between one service interval to the other? Like say to 5,150 or even 4,600.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebonho (Post 5799102)
I didn't understand your reply bro, sorry. I meant, once I press 10 seconds and get the 5000 number, can I then adjust and fine rune that number up or down between one service interval to the other? Like say to 5,150 or even 4,600.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant in the prior answer. You only go up Doc, in increments not down for the service reset to turn off. Always reset to a higher value than current value.. the value is of your choice.

Hope it helps!

Cheers!
VJ

Quote:

Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 (Post 5799106)
Yes, that's exactly what I meant in the prior answer. You only go up Doc, in increments not down for the service reset to turn off. Always reset to a higher value than current value.. the value is of your choice.

Hope it helps!

Cheers!
VJ

Got it thanks. So there is pre programmed increment blocks allowed above the default 5000 km for Gen 1 2013 MY bike.

So once I press SET for 10 seconds and get 5000 on the display , then what do I do to move 5000 to the next higher number? And any idea what the increment blocks would be?

This is purely rhetorical and theoretical coz I don't think I would ever want to change my oil at an interval of more than the default 5000 km.

Just for my knowledge, to learn. :)

Cheers, Doc

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebonho (Post 5799120)
Got it thanks. So there is pre programmed increment blocks allowed above the default 5000 km for Gen 1 2013 MY bike.

So once I press SET for 10 seconds and get 5000 on the display , then what do I do to move 5000 to the next higher number? And any idea what the increment blocks would be?

This is purely rhetorical and theoretical coz I don't think I would ever want to change my oil at an interval of more than the default 5000 km.

Cheers, Doc

The instrument clusters which were manufactured from 2013 to early 2015 had their service intervals set at 5k and the newer ones had their cluster set to 7.5k because of the small changes in the engine and slipper clutch. So we can't change the service interval period.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dhruv Shetty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhruv Shetty (Post 5799301)
cluster set to 7.5k because of the small changes in the engine and slipper clutch. So we can't change the service interval period.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dhruv Shetty.

Dhruv, service interval can be set on the bikes. The only caveat is you can do it within the allowed maximum threshold. Individual customization is not applicable though allowed between the allowed threshold.
Tell you what, with today's lousy fuel quality and air quality, 7.5k is simply blasphemy for a temperamental single like the 390. I'd say it's 4k max for a service interval gap for our bikes -- even sooner the better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebonho (Post 5799120)

Cheers, Doc

Doc, the max is 5k, which is a set limit. The service interval will not pop up till "5000" kms from the current reading of your odo. Same goes with RPM 1 and RPM 2. We always set the RPM 2 first, then the RPM 1.

Hope it helps!

Cheers!
VJ

Quote:

Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 (Post 5799671)

Doc, the max is 5k, which is a set limit. The service interval will not pop up till "5000" kms from the current reading of your odo. Same goes with RPM 1 and RPM 2. We always set the RPM 2 first, then the RPM 1.

Hope it helps!

Cheers!
VJ

Doc, one more thing I would like to add is on my 2015 bike, by default it's 7500 as opposed to 5000 on 2013 bikes -- though both are Gen 1. Once set, it automatically starts to minus from the set RPM till the Service Reminder Goes off after the 5k or 7500 Kms mark. You cannot increment it like say, 1200, 1400, 1500 KMS like post 2017-TFT displayed bikes, wherein they have incremental adjustments, the old 390 has set value which aren't customizable. Apologies if I have confused you. What Dhruv said was absolutely right, individual point by point incremental adjustment isn't doable, but it can be reset to the set value 5k KM (in your case) or 7.5k KM (in my case).

Cheers!
VJ

Quote:

Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 (Post 5799715)
Doc, one more thing I would like to add is on my 2015 bike, by default it's 7500 as opposed to 5000 on 2013 bikes -- though both are Gen 1. Once set, it automatically starts to minus from the set RPM till the Service Reminder Goes off after the 5k or 7500 Kms mark. You cannot increment it like say, 1200, 1400, 1500 KMS like post 2017-TFT displayed bikes, wherein they have incremental adjustments, the old 390 has set value which aren't customizable. Apologies if I have confused you. What Dhruv said was absolutely right, individual point by point incremental adjustment isn't doable, but it can be reset to the set value 5k KM (in your case) or 7.5k KM (in my case).

Cheers!
VJ

Phew! That clears it then. I'm happy. 5000 to 5000 is totally fine with me. Mentally also I keep it as 5,10,15,20 thousand kilometres for the oil change services, so the reminder is not really required. It suddenly popped up (I think after 7 years, coz it must have been set at the last service before garaging her ... at around the 10k mark) so I was at a bit of a loss what to do about it. Thanks gentlemen.

Cheers, Doc

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motolysis (Post 5786018)
The complete rebuild might take time as I rarely get time to work on the bike. Also, I have almost forgotten what riding a Gen 1 or any Duke 390 for that matter, feels like, so I might not have a proper benchmark to compare to. If you are in Delhi or around, maybe you can come down and ride it and see if it makes a difference enough to shell out the money needed.
Cheers.

I'm actually in Gurgaon, so I definitely can come down and check out you bike, and you could try out mine to see what you're missing. Could you DM me your number?