Team-BHP - The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/138082-ktm-duke-390-ownership-experience-thread-307.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithunvvijayan (Post 3751812)
True. I totally forgot about it. My bad. May be the ABS system is the culprit. I rode my brothers 200 a while ago and didn't find much difference. But then again, this might be more due to his brakes fading out than the similarity between the brakes itself.

OK got the brake pads changed, but to no avail.

What I mean to say is in 200 there is marked deceleration when you normally apply the rear brakes but in 390 that deceleration is just very minimal. If hit hard the ABS kicks in without any sign of good braking.

I believe I need to ride a brand new 390 to come to any conclusion.

The 200 was run 15K and my 390 just 3K.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrohit17 (Post 3751848)
OK got the brake pads changed, but to no avail.

What I mean to say is in 200 there is marked deceleration when you normally apply the rear brakes but in 390 that deceleration is just very minimal. If hit hard the ABS kicks in without any sign of good braking.

I believe I need to ride a brand new 390 to come to any conclusion.

The 200 was run 15K and my 390 just 3K.

This is pretty peculiar, to say the least. Is your rear brake fluid up to the mark?

There might be a failure in the rear brake piston, I reckon. Get the cables checked too.
Once, when I rode to Kerala, my front brake lost a majority of it's power due to a piston failure, and I covered the 400 kms journey back home using the rear brake in a much larger ratio than I usually do, and it performed pretty well, with it near-succeeding the deficit of the front brake.

What oil are you guys using? I am up for an oil change..
And regarding coolant, any good aftermarket ones?

thanks in advance for your reply.

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorBlades (Post 3751959)
What oil are you guys using? I am up for an oil change..
And regarding coolant, any good aftermarket ones?

Engine Ice is a coolant option that some guys are trying out. Regarding engine oil, Motul 300V is another option. The stock engine oil is the best, in my opinion.

Hi guys. How is the monsoon treating your Duke 390s?

Bored of the usual and common looks of my bike. I decided to strip the factory fitted graphics. And the result is here :)

The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-img_20150713_150151.jpg

Looks good. If you have time, strip all the panels and take them to a sticker shop to get a carbon fiber finish or the shiny tank finish. Would be awesome :)

And the best part is these stickers are less than 100 bucks from the showroom and you can be back to stock in a jiffy.

I love the stripped look.

A very neat job, Akshay.

It certainly gives a new dimension to the motorcycle and the combination of jet black and orange looks mighty seductive! Is the orange on your radiator a sticker job or a painted guard?

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshayhonda (Post 3752314)
Hi guys. How is the monsoon treating your Duke 390s?

Bored of the usual and common looks of my bike. I decided to strip the factory fitted graphics. And the result is here :)

Attachment 1391515

Cool. Some suggestions:

- Get rid of the stickers
- Get the shiny part of the tank wrapped in Matt black. Should be an under Rs 500 affair
- Take a hacksaw and chop off the ugly rear fender. Mount the numberplate using a small "patti" on the shorty tail's plastic

Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLdGef9VD0k

Please note - With this simple and free mod; your bike will suddenly become the center of a lot of attention. Do not be alarmed and / or confused

:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad (Post 3752608)
Cool. Some suggestions:

- Get rid of the stickers
- Get the shiny part of the tank wrapped in Matt black. Should be an under Rs 500 affair
- Take a hacksaw and chop off the ugly rear fender. Mount the numberplate using a small "patti" on the shorty tail's plastic

Haha @urban_nomad yes, will be doing a tail tidy soon :)

Got rid of the stickers. This is how it looks now!
The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-img_20150713_215451.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by barcalad (Post 3752596)
A very neat job, Akshay.

It certainly gives a new dimension to the motorcycle and the combination of jet black and orange looks mighty seductive! Is the orange on your radiator a sticker job or a painted guard?

Thanks barcalad. Its an aftermarket radiator guard from G.A.Engineering, Mumbai.

Day 2 of my Duke 390 transformation to 'Fear The Black' theme!

Got the hand guards wrapped in matte black. And fitted them back. The bike looks more aggressive and a lot meaner now.

The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-img_20150714_194654516.jpg

Also to add a bit of premium'ish touch wrapped the radiator plastic shrouds in carbon fiber finish. Will strip off all the unnecessary logos from the bike by tomorrow.

The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-img20150714wa0006.jpeg

Hope you like it. And yeah anyone wants to copy the this is most welcome :)

A pic of my bike. My first ever image upload on tbhp too :)

Edit - had uploaded two. Can only see one

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad (Post 3753639)

It looks beautiful. Try and get the pegs powder coated black. And even tha handlebar. It will looks insane :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad (Post 3753639)

No rear view mirrors? Seriously?! :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshayhonda (Post 3752314)

I had no idea that the black bike looked this good sans the funky loud graphics. clap: Kudos.

Personally, I would advise against getting the whole bike getting wrapped in CF vinyl. It will be awesome to look at initially, but after a while the adhesive will start peeling off from the edges and will start to look real nasty. It might be good for a bike that is used occasionally but definitely not for an everyday used one!