Team-BHP - The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/138082-ktm-duke-390-ownership-experience-thread-27.html)

Quote:

I'm not saying you should, but I'm sure there are cheaper, but as good tyres anyway!
The biggest advantage of the Meteler tyres as they claim are their better grip in wet conditions. In dry conditions the MRF's of 200 were already doing well.

And if you are from Chennai you dont have to worry about those 1 or 3 days of wet conditions you may get in a year :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by VW2010 (Post 3200319)

The biggest advantage of the Meteler tyres as they claim are their better grip in wet conditions. In dry conditions the MRF's of 200 were already doing well.

And if you are from Chennai you dont have to worry about those 1 or 3 days of wet conditions you may get in a year :)

Hahahaha that's below the belt for the Chennai peeps.

But honestly, aren't there any alternatives to the Metzeler? Nothing from Pirelli even? That's sort of odd.

@AbelAFC,

I am from Chennai and i was just putting things to perspective that the real purpose of Metzeler in chennai may never be realized by us and we will actually go back to normal MRF if the difference in grip and performance are not that big a deal breaker. Stock with the tyre option and cost of the bike makes it really attractive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VW2010 (Post 3200339)
@AbelAFC,

I am from Chennai and i was just putting things to perspective that the real purpose of Metzeler in chennai may never be realized by us and we will actually go back to normal MRF if the difference in grip and performance are not that big a deal breaker. Stock with the tyre option and cost of the bike makes it really attractive.

I completely understand what you mean.

I was just a little shocked that there were no good alternatives to the Metzeler, that's all! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 3200272)
Its not a Hero Honda CD100. Nothing is for free, especially when its a whole load of fun.

I was just pointing out something which first time premium bike buyers may not notice. I am not expecting the tyres to cost less than CD 100's tyres but I am pointing out that they are more expensive than a used CD100 :)

Just got the news of the first delivery in Mumbai planned on Sunday this week. Now that's good news.... :thumbs up

What about the Pirelli sport demons or the Diablo rossa IIs? Wont they be good replacements for the metzelers?

I stumbled upon this video review of Duke 390 done in God's own country, and then realized that it was done by my close friend's friend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c0xCNCzWQg

Hope this helps potential buyers..!

Does anyone recall how the Duke 200 test rides eventually panned out in Bangalore? Did they too start with 'test rides' only for those who booked the bike and then eventually opened them for potential buyers too, later?

Bangalore D200 owners, any recollections?

Quote:

Originally Posted by am1m (Post 3200739)
Does anyone recall how the Duke 200 test rides eventually panned out in Bangalore? Did they too start with 'test rides' only for those who booked the bike and then eventually opened them for potential buyers too, later?

As far as I recall, the first test rides were opened for everyone. I booked/bought my Duke much later. However, I did take an early test ride. Maybe the first owners will have a different opinion.

Also, I visited KTM Indiranagar last Ssaturday and they invited me for a 390 test ride scheduled on 5th and 6th Aug. Unfortunately I couldn't make it. My friend booked a 390 on the first day, he has yet to take a test ride. So I guess the test rides are open for everyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by am1m (Post 3200739)

That's what they initially said. Test rides for the one's that have already booked. but then they didn't want to lose out on potential buyers either - so it went free for all! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 3200843)
That's what they initially said. Test rides for the one's that have already booked. but then they didn't want to lose out on potential buyers either - so it went free for all! :)

Shubham,
How did you feel the bike? After having been used tot he Duke 200 am pretty sure your words will carry more weight. How does the bike behave with the added kilos tucked into it?

Do you think its an ideal upgrade for you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ku69rd (Post 3200919)

Shubham,
How did you feel the bike? After having been used tot he Duke 200 am pretty sure your words will carry more weight. How does the bike behave with the added kilos tucked into it?

Do you think its an ideal upgrade for you?

My ideal upgrade as of now is the Triumph Street Triple :-) unless they price it exorbitantly.

Quote:

My ideal upgrade as of now is the Triumph Street Triple :-) unless they price it exorbitantly.
My guess is it will be around the 8-9L on road. Till the bikes are manufactured in India like the KTM 390, they will definitely be over priced.

News on strike at Chakan plant. Looks like 2000 units per day are being produced there instead of the 3000 and the deadlock might be resolved by the end of next week hopefully. Please visit the link below.

http://profit.ndtv.com/news/industri...aj-auto-325399