Team-BHP - The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/138082-ktm-duke-390-ownership-experience-thread-247.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by man_of_steel (Post 3616320)
I was never able to convince the SVC guys that the brake needs a thorough bleeding. They are damn lazy to take up any jobs!

Regarding the headlight adjustment, better do it yourself. I guess the procedure is there in the manual.

This is probably something common in most Bangalore SVCs. Unsatisfactory reviews about most of them recently. I feel it may be because of the fact that the same amount of SVC crew are now working on 4 bikes (Including RC brothers), hence the denial to do any trivial jobs. Just recently saw a gentleman giving the SVC Manager a piece of his mind because his scheduled delivery of 4:30 PM was delayed by a day, due to 1st Services of a lot of RCs. I myself saw that all the bays had RCs on top of them.

Got the adjustment done by my 2nd private service center. They did a fine job with it. Hardly took them 5 minutes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barcalad (Post 3616454)
Got the adjustment done by my 2nd private service center. They did a fine job with it. Hardly took them 5 minutes.

When you say private service center, is it like a Bike Zone kind of thing or just a friendly local mech? Also if you can share the location, contact etc please (via PM if you wish).

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.s (Post 3616606)
When you say private service center, is it like a Bike Zone kind of thing or just a friendly local mech? Also if you can share the location, contact etc please (via PM if you wish).

Not exactly the friendly local mech. They're a team of skilled lads who know what they're doing. They've never disappointed me whenever I've been to them, be it a pressure wash, polishing, chain lubing, fork tightening or anything for that matter. In fact, I myself have dragged a couple of my biking enthusiast friends there, and now all of them are regulars. For any issues with the bike, I take it there, albeit it costs a bit.
I trust the KTM SVC only for oil changes and general servicing now. :)

Details as follows.

Bosch Unique Bike Service Center,
Banashankari Stage 2.
(5 minute ride from BSK BDA Complex)

You can check out the exact location on Google maps.

Any fellow D390 owners have hazard lights' system installed? If so, could you share details of shop/mechanic?

Quote:

Originally Posted by barcalad (Post 3619185)
Any fellow D390 owners have hazard lights' system installed? If so, could you share details of shop/mechanic?

Search for Spiraltech on Facebook. He sells through eBay I think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barcalad (Post 3619185)

Quote:

Originally Posted by anilp (Post 3619281)
Search for Spiraltech on Facebook. He sells through eBay I think.

I got it on my Duke 390, it's plug and play, you can easily install it yourself. Send him a message on Facebook and he will update you once stock is available on eBay. Works great in foggy conditions we are having here in North.

My friend spotted a camouflaged Duke test mule today morning near the Langford KTM, Bangalore. Anyone else seen it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by schakravarthy (Post 3619344)
My friend spotted a camouflaged Duke test mule today morning near the Langford KTM, Bangalore. Anyone else seen it?

Good stuff. I guess it resonates very well with the news that was reported by Visordown where it reported KTM testing new improved design features in the D390.

But I have a few questions to ask, was it the RC series in specfic or the naked Duke? Perhaps if your good friend could throw some light on this, it would help the waiters wait even more, like me :uncontrol

Cheers!
VJ

Quote:

Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 (Post 3620340)

But I have a few questions to ask, was it the RC series in specfic or the naked Duke?

It was a Duke; not the RC.

He remembers the headlight region and the tank parts as being camouflaged; but then he can't be a 100% sure as both the bikes, his as well as the test mule, were in motion, in peak hour traffic! :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by schakravarthy (Post 3619344)

I have seen one painted in camo , grey and white but that wasn't a test, just painted to look different

Mod Note : Post EDITED. Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

So i have been following this thread since quite a while. Never really been active on it.

I have a 2014 may Duke 390. I have done an absolutely blissful 2500km on it. Now all of a sudden there is this rattle which i hear coming from the headlight region at exactly 3k rpm. Don't want to visit the workshop for just the rattle as it is quite far from where i stay. Any possible solution?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krish Karkera (Post 3621963)
Now all of a sudden there is this rattle which i hear coming from the headlight region at exactly 3k rpm.

It's most likely to be your fuel tank lid. Buy a small O Ring Rubber and glue it around the fuel tank keyhole. Make sure it's isn't too large in size. That should do it.

Quote:

So i have been following this thread since quite a while. Never really been active on it.

I have a 2014 may Duke 390. I have done an absolutely blissful 2500km on it. Now all of a sudden there is this rattle which i hear coming from the headlight region at exactly 3k rpm. Don't want to visit the workshop for just the rattle as it is quite far from where i stay. Any possible solution?
Also there are some loose wires and couplers inside the headlight casing. If you can, remove the headlight front portion. You need to know how to remove the 4 bushes on the either side of the headlight unit. And then try to fasten the loose couplers and wires. Also it might be from the engine cowl. Most of the rattling, which used to start around 4000 rpm in my bike, which i thought was originating from the headlight unit, vanished by tightening the engine cowl. And also u might consider tightening the number plate mounts on the wind shield.

Got a new rear Metzeler. Waited long enough. It was already unsafe. The steel belts started being visible on the centre groove and in patches. Cracks visible too. Plenty of tread left on the borders. The cost of a new set of tires is a bit. I did not want to slap on a MRF Revz which in any case costs Rs. 5k and then may end up wearing out faster. Besides; I did not want to compromise on the handling and grip that I am used to. It is a safety hazard. Damages were Rs. 9372. Rs. 372 contributing to labor for tire fitting. The cost of labor included chipping two small bits of orange paint from the rear wheel rim, on one side. Well done KTM.

On the subject of tire life, I pushed it to the point of it being risky yet the tire gripped well. My odo is at 14,700km. To be safe, I'd say the tire was good till about 13,000km. Depends on how you ride, road surface quality and what you do with your bike apart from just riding.

Hey Mithun,
The rattle was actually from the fuel filler lid as barcalad had mentioned.I haven't yet replaced the o ring. But while at 3k rpm i pressed the flap that covers the key hole and that stopped the buzzy rattle.