Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2013, 10:35   #301
BHPian

re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread

I'm bored of even calling the showrooms guys to check when will the test drives start. My guess is that KTM-Bajaj feels that this bike will sell in Banaglore with or without test drives
Jaycee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 11:12   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycee View Post
I'm bored of even calling the showrooms guys to check when will the test drives start. My guess is that KTM-Bajaj feels that this bike will sell in Banaglore with or without test drives
We are almost near the finish line now; just need to pull up some more patience from reserve now!

I have been waiting for more than a year and following all D390 related threads religiously. Wait is killing me but I have my eyes set on the prize at the end
hsub is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 13:18   #303
BHPian

People who are waiting for a review of this machine please visit the link below.

Mods please delete this post if it has been already shared in this thread

http://throttlers.net/ride/2013/07/2...ke-390-review/

@hsub: I got hooked onto the duke 390 very late and I can hardly wait. I applaud your patience
Old 23rd July 2013, 17:53   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
http://www.autocarindia.com/News/350...+Articles+feed

On one side there's Autocar saying deliveries will start by month end.

On the other side we don't have concrete reviews out yet.

As per dealerships, thanks to Bangalore RTO we are not getting test rides here yet.

What's happening guys!
I have no idea where I stand in the booking queue at Mekhri Circle KTM Bangalore, but boy are these people casual about selling a 2.1L motorcycle.

There wasn't a moment in the last few weeks where the dealer/salesman has reached out to me with an update. Each time, I'm forced to call the person up and ask my regular questionnaire on when the test rides are expected to start and when the deliveries would begin.

The last update I received too had the RTO to blame for the delay in test rides. If the RTO story has been hashed up, all the dealers seem to have made this one up over a conference call !

On a side note.. I managed to corner a couple of reviews from people who've had their hands on test mules and they have only good things to say about the 390.

Fingers crossed then for the autocar news to be true !

Cheers !
Old 23rd July 2013, 20:17   #305
BHPian

I have heard from a reliable source that dealers are staring to receive 390 stock and will start deliveries soon.

So hold your horses guys
motocamp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 20:43   #306
Senior - BHPian

ONE MORE REVIEW : http://blog.derestricted.com/photogr...ew-and-photos/

Drool mal

The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-ktm_390_duke_review_and_ride_15.jpg
Old 23rd July 2013, 20:57   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have heard from a reliable source that dealers are staring to receive 390 stock and will start deliveries soon.

This is what i heard. Each dealer is getting 3-4 bikes this month end. And the next lot of similar size by august 20th. Post last week of august we can expect faster delivery.

But the dealer can goof around to keep customers at bay.,

The day when he says the bike is ready is the day i am paying the rest of the money.

Till then i can wait and in fact play the cancel card now.
Old 23rd July 2013, 21:31   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocamp View Post

So hold your horses guys
So what will be the expected lot size for a place like Bangalore? Any intel on that?
Old 24th July 2013, 01:52   #309
BHPian

Is it a possibility that indian RTO may play spoilsport on the power output of this relatively small engine size & charge at a higher premium. Every one from every part of the country is saying test rides are not available as RTO is not allowing it, could this be a possibility ? The KTM guy in Phoenix Mills, Mumbai says the bike needs to be registered in their director's name and as he is out of town they are unable to do so. I didn't buy that cause I have never had to be there to register any of my cars/bikes at the RTO, it just requires your address proof & it is done. Something's fishy...
Old 24th July 2013, 09:52   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't know what the fuss is all about in getting the bike registered. The bike featured in this review is quite clearly a registered one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Each dealer is getting 3-4 bikes this month end.
This isn't helping:-) Pretty lame number to get started with deliveries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
The day when he says the bike is ready is the day i am paying the rest of the money.
Could use some advise on this. Like a car, will there be an opportunity to inspect the bike first before taking delivery?

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 24th July 2013 at 10:01.
Old 24th July 2013, 10:00   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Don't know what the fuss is all about in getting the bike registered. The bike featured in this review is quite clearly a registered one.

This isn't helping:-) Pretty lame number to get started with deliveries.
So did the KTM Indira Nagar guys inform you about the tentative delivery dates? I'm number 131 there so I can't expect the bike before September (and when I say that I'm being optimistic)
Old 24th July 2013, 10:44   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So did the KTM Indira Nagar guys inform you about the tentative delivery dates?
No. These guys are being quiet about the delivery. Either they know and are being super professional about it by not opening their mouths or they just don't know anything about the delivery. If you have noticed, all dealers are clueless. I prefer it this way than different dealers saying different things. The email that came was probably shot out to everyone on getting started with the loan process (For those we need a loan) so there are no further delivery delays once the bike arrives.

Had PMed you yesterday.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 10:51   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
That bike is registered in Kerala. So the registration issue (if true) is with the Karnataka RTO. RTO formalities are also complete in TN, hence Chennai has a test ride bike.

It's possible that Bajaj wants to launch the bike simultaneously in all states for which RTO approval is required from all states before the launch can happen.

Also, earlier in this thread they are stating that they are working on the heating and stalling issues. I would rather they sort this out first rather than rushing the launch to satisfy a handful of fans who have started formulating conspiracy theories.
GreaseMonk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 11:27   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonk View Post
Also, earlier in this thread they are stating that they are working on the heating and stalling issues. I would rather they sort this out first rather than rushing the launch to satisfy a handful of fans
Surely. What I can't figure out is, why did none of these problems surface when they have been testing the bike all year? These problems would have surely surfaced when KTM/Bajaj were testing the motorcycle. They are thinking about fixing it now after they have launched the bike. I am in full support about addressing the issue before starting deliveries. It is lame though. How could you possibly launch a motorcycle when there are serious issues that need to be fixed. Don't want a steaming motorcycle or be pushing it to the side of the road as a result of it not cranking.
Old 24th July 2013, 12:06   #315
BHPian

Mods, sorry for the consecutive posting (I can't see the edit button on my post), but here is a overdrive link that would be of interest to this community. Gives a pretty unbiased review of the 390 Duke.

http://overdrive.in/features/why-the...east-on-paper/

Most Viewed