Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2013, 17:59   #211

Re: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries

Hi, Does anyone have a review of the Stone matte TBTS 500. I've just booked one and am wondering if its the right decision. I know that it'll gather dust too soon, but am not looking at using it for daily commute. Also will be parking it with a roof overhead. Should I worry about the colour fading too quickly or any other risks !
Old 16th September 2013, 19:09   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalabh_sahai View Post
Hi, Does anyone have a review of the Stone matte TBTS 500. I've just booked one and am wondering if its the right decision. I know that it'll gather dust too soon, but am not looking at using it for daily commute. Also will be parking it with a roof overhead. Should I worry about the colour fading too quickly or any other risks !
Have been using it for last 3 mOnths no issues till date
Old 19th September 2013, 12:18   #213
J.Ravi

Today, my Blue Bird electric-started in the very first cranking after sleeping for 15 continuous days! I rode her for a big round and got the air pressure checked and filled to the specified limits. I was away on a 7 k km-long mega trip in my Linea. In order to avoid Blue Bird feeling jealous of her elder sibling, I must take her to an one-day trip atleast.

Old 19th September 2013, 18:23   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi Shalabh. The color wont fade, if properly taken care of. The problem with black color, always, is that it will amplify any scratch or imperfection. Scratches will still be more prominent if it a non glossy (matte) finish. The desert storm brilliantly hides most of the scratches due to its color. If it is a gloss paint, small scratches on the clearcoat can be removed by buffing/polishing or both, its a simple DIY stuff. But, this will not be possible with matte paints. But if you can take extra care of the paint job then its worth going for. Also special matte sealants can be used to retain the look of the paint.

Cheers
Old 20th September 2013, 13:33   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
hi Shalabh. The color wont fade, if properly taken care of. The problem with black color, always, is that it will amplify any scratch or imperfection. Scratches will still be more prominent if it a non glossy (matte) finish. The desert storm brilliantly hides most of the scratches due to its color. If it is a gloss paint, small scratches on the clearcoat can be removed by buffing/polishing or both, its a simple DIY stuff. But, this will not be possible with matte paints. But if you can take extra care of the paint job then its worth going for. Also special matte sealants can be used to retain the look of the paint.

Cheers
Thanks man_of_steel ! Good to know that special matte sealants exist Looking forward to my TBTS Stone now !!

Anyone else on this forum got this? Will be keen to know your experience.
Old 20th September 2013, 18:53   #216

Hi all ... even though I registered to this form some time back, this is the first time I am writing here. I just got a TB500 Matte Black last week and must say it has been an awesome feeling. Just a few niggles though, which I hope will be set right. The neutral is a bit difficult to slot in ~ the service advisor mentioned that it will be alright after the first service. But the other bigger irritant is a very squeaky/scratchy sound that comes out of the bike - I suspect this is because of the fuel gauge indicator in the petrol tank. Did any one else have a similar issue or is this just my bike which is giving out such strange noises?

Thanks in advance!
vikivix
Old 20th September 2013, 20:09   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikivix View Post
But the other bigger irritant is a very squeaky/scratchy sound that comes out of the bike - I suspect this is because of the fuel gauge indicator in the petrol tank.
Thanks in advance!
vikivix
Irritating levels of noise from a closed fuel tank? Highly unlikely. Have you tried rocking the bike from side to side while it is stationery. Is the noise coming in that case? Or is it happening only on the move?
Old 21st September 2013, 08:06   #218
J.Ravi

Quote:
The neutral is a bit difficult to slot in
I too had this problem and the Chennai company service centre fixed it in few minutes. Nowadays, I spray WD40 in the joints after washing and I haven't faced the problem again.
Quote:
squeaky/scratchy sound that comes out of the bike
If it is coming from the front brakes, then it is normal! Get it checked by the service centre.
  (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 11:00   #219
BHPian

After 6 months of TBTS 500 Twilight usage I came across two problems (Just completed 3rd service):
[FONT=Calibri]1. [/FONT]Instrument cluster misbehaviour: Whenever the Blue bird travels in rain or gets its wash at a service station; the ODO meter just keeps increasing (jumping) sometimes even while the vehicle is stationary. Also, the time shown is never correct even after repeated reset to correct time. Due to this the ODO meter is showing 1000 km extra than actual run. This problem is from first service onwards.
[FONT=Calibri]2. [/FONT]Petrol tank paint: When I run my hand on the tank some areas of the tank gives a rough feeling while other areas seem perfectly smooth. (I haven’t kept any bag/pouch/helmet on the tank). All times bike is parked in covered parking lot at home and office. Moreover the roughness is in patches not a continuous stretch on the tank. This problem started to show up after 2nd service.

I took up these issues with the Service Advisor (CVS Motors, Bangalore), they never bothered to fix it nor provide an explanation. I had to finally write to RE regional service manager, and got an immediate response from him advising the service centre to inspect the vehicle, and file a report with RE. I got the inspection done last on 14th Sep.
I’m still waiting to hear on further status and when these parts will be replaced with new ones under warranty.

Anyone else faced similar issues?
Old 25th September 2013, 12:56   #220

man_of_steel i tried rocking the bike from side to side and the sound still comes - it is from the fuel tank - I did speak about this to the service advisor and he said it will be fixed.

Thanks for the response!
Old 25th September 2013, 22:49   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is one tip that has served me well. I cover my bike with an old double- bed, bedsheet when I park it at home. Since I do not ride the bike every day, the dust would settle down and dusting it with a cloth will abrade the paint. The bedsheet not only protects the bike from dust accumulation, but as I do not have to wash the bike often, the paint still glows aftr 10 anfd a half months. This is a big thing as Noida has very hard water that damages the paint and dulls the shine.
rajneeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 16:21   #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Here is one tip that has served me well. I cover my bike with an old double- bed, bedsheet when I park it at home. Since I do not ride the bike every day, the dust would settle down and dusting it with a cloth will abrade the paint. The bedsheet not only protects the bike from dust accumulation, but as I do not have to wash the bike often, the paint still glows aftr 10 anfd a half months. This is a big thing as Noida has very hard water that damages the paint and dulls the shine.
Rajneesh, thanks for your tip. Which colour TBTS do you have?
Old 26th September 2013, 20:09   #223
Senior - BHPian

Shalabh, I have a Flicker Black TBTS
Old 27th September 2013, 08:29   #224
BHPian

Quote:
man_of_steel i tried rocking the bike from side to side and the sound still comes - it is from the fuel tank - I did speak about this to the service advisor and he said it will be fixed.

Thanks for the response!
Hi Vikivix,

I too had a similar issue but mine was detected as the tank not being fit properly + loose and was hitting an inner pannel causing mysterious noises, was fixed in the 1st service.
Jimmy_u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 08:59   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Today, my Blue Bird electric-started in the very first cranking after sleeping for 15 continuous days! I rode her for a big round and got the air pressure checked and filled to the specified limits. I was away on a 7 k km-long mega trip in my Linea. In order to avoid Blue Bird feeling jealous of her elder sibling, I must take her to an one-day trip atleast.
Hello Sir,

Hope your long trip in the car was good , been sometime there have not been updates on the Bluebird .
Jimmy_u is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks