Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2013, 20:43   #16
BHPian

re: My Karizma ZMR. EDIT: 100,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Hi there. Thanks for sharing your ownership experience.
Karizma as a product has been a very accomplished bike.

Would you please post some review on the Pirelli Sport Deamons that you are running on your bike. I am planning to get these tyres hopefully this weekend. Also which tyres you are running on front. Any reviews on them.

I somewhere read that somebody who had sport deamons reported that he experienced loss of grip after around 3K Kms.
PSD is really good. But, it being a TL tire, you'll have to change the rims too. I'm using stock front tire.
6k kms with PSD so far, no issues. Awesome grip as ever. The only difference - ride height has increased by 2 cm or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmane View Post
Hello,

I got a response from a local dealer after I made contact with Hero.

This dealer states that I am more than welcome to book the ZMA with color of my choice. The only issue is that I will have to wait for the machine to arrive once they order it.
Thanks for the advise.
Great to know this. They'd have got a nice one from HMC head office. These dealers are a real pain if they don't co-operate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Nice review there. I've ridden a ZMR once but the front brakes were absolutely worthless. Since I've ridden only 1 ZMR, couldn't compare it and sent a benchmark as such. Do the brakes leave a lot to be desired?
I guess you rode a ZMR with poor brakes or back to back with a P220/R15/N250R.
Brakes are effective. Nothing much to write about.
Old 31st January 2013, 21:15   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
PSD is really good. But, it being a TL tire, you'll have to change the rims too. I'm using stock front tire.
6k kms with PSD so far, no issues. Awesome grip as ever. The only difference - ride height has increased by 2 cm or so.
Thanks for the help man. I dont think I will have to change the rim for this tyre being Tubeless. I already have a tubeless tyre on my stock rear rim. The front rim I had to get changed and I changed that too the one that comes stock with the ZMR. And I got the MRF tubeless on front which also comes as a stock in ZMR.

Thanks for your help man.
I appreciate it

CHEERS
Rachit
Old 1st February 2013, 19:59   #18
BHPian

Hello Diyasharan - good review there about ZMR. I have used Mobil 1 10w40 FS during my recent road trip about 3800kms approx. One word awesome! The oil still left with some life. Get your spares stocked for future use (Sprocket kit, cables etc). We cannot rely on HMC for having those comsumables on their shelf all the time.
Old 1st February 2013, 22:52   #19
BHPian

Quote:

Great to know this. They'd have got a nice one from HMC head office. These dealers are a real pain if they don't co-operate.
I do not know. What I was really laughing about after I went to book it was, one of the sales guys there told me that they are unaware of what colour vehicles Hero has sent till they receive their dispatch.

I mean cmon, how can they fool people like this.

He is like, we have to sell whatever they send, so if we are lucky we get odd colours every once in a while.

Btw, does anybody know if the margin on better selling colours is more?

If not why would all the dealers be so hell bent on not even taking bookings for non selling colours?
Old 2nd February 2013, 07:34   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SriramEfunds View Post
Hello Diyasharan - good review there about ZMR. I have used Mobil 1 10w40 FS during my recent road trip about 3800kms approx. One word awesome! The oil still left with some life. Get your spares stocked for future use (Sprocket kit, cables etc). We cannot rely on HMC for having those comsumables on their shelf all the time.
Thanks for the appreciation sir jee. Yes, Mobil1 is a good oil. When you asked me about it, I was a little apprehensive because I wasn't sure if it'd last for the entire ~4k trip or not. For me, it usually starts deteriorating in 3-3.5k kms, maybe because of riding in city traffic.
Glad to know it held up well on the highway. And regarding spares, I've stocked chain sprocket kit, accelerator cables, clutch cables and a few fuses already with me.

Quote:
I do not know. What I was really laughing about after I went to book it was, one of the sales guys there told me that they are unaware of what colour vehicles Hero has sent till they receive their dispatch.

I mean cmon, how can they fool people like this.

He is like, we have to sell whatever they send, so if we are lucky we get odd colours every once in a while.

Btw, does anybody know if the margin on better selling colours is more?

If not why would all the dealers be so hell bent on not even taking bookings for non selling colours?
These are lame excuses. They order bikes as per demand. How can they not know what colors they ordered?
Old 4th February 2013, 20:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One of the sales guys there told me that they are unaware of what colour vehicles Hero has sent till they receive their dispatch.
Utter nonsense. They specifically order which colours they want.

Quote:

To clear up their stocks. Probably they're 2012 makes and some people are reluctant on buying 2012 makes at this point because during resale, the bike loses some value.
Old 4th February 2013, 20:58   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post

To clear up their stocks. Probably they're 2012 makes and some people are reluctant on buying 2012 makes at this point because during resale, the bike loses some value.
But then a 2012 might be a HH, which 5,6 years down the line may get better resale value than just hero. Maybe!!
Old 8th February 2013, 14:56   #23
BHPian

Quote:
But then a 2012 might be a HH, which 5,6 years down the line may get better resale value than just hero. Maybe!!
I don't think resale value should be impacted until 2014 make Hero bikes are out.
Because all pre 2014 bikes would still have the same Honda engine, except for the re-badging from HH to HMC.
It'd be interesting to see 2014 and later models from Hero's stable.
Old 18th February 2013, 17:19   #24
BHPian

Quote:
It'd be interesting to see 2014 and later models from Hero's stable.
Not so sure about this after seeing what pathetic vehicles they have made post their break up.

The impulse is a classic example. The machine is very good but they have not been able to properly capitalize it and make it a good seller.

They have done the same thing with Maestro and the Ignitor which is a rip off of the Honda CB Stunner I guess.

Also, now 2014 seems to be very close and they do not have anything.

Maybe they will keep iterating their current line up by introducing different colors and better stickers out of their state of the art R&D factory!!
Old 19th February 2013, 07:46   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Not so sure about this after seeing what pathetic vehicles they have made post their break up.

The impulse is a classic example. The machine is very good but they have not been able to properly capitalize it and make it a good seller.

They have done the same thing with Maestro and the Ignitor which is a rip off of the Honda CB Stunner I guess.

Also, now 2014 seems to be very close and they do not have anything.

Maybe they will keep iterating their current line up by introducing different colors and better stickers out of their state of the art R&D factory!!
Yes, they don't have anything fancy at present but I won't write them off completely.
I agree that the Impulse/Ignitor didn't strike a chord with the public as per Hero's liking, but they aren't bad products.

Ignitor is a little peppier than Stunner due to a different tuning to the engine, but its the same Stunner in new clothes overall.

Impulse didn't become a block buster due to that 150cc engine. Its fun in hills and glides over potholes and gives that SUV-kinda point of view to the rider (due to its high ride height), but it runs out of breath post 95 kmph.
It has the same block and similar chasis as a Karizma and guys have swapped engines comfortably. I hope HMC had done the same.

EBR has a repute on tracks where engines are stripped after every season. I'm just curious about their approach in making smaller displacement street bikes.
Old 20th February 2013, 14:12   #26
BHPian

Quote:
EBR has a repute on tracks where engines are stripped after every season. I'm just curious about their approach in making smaller displacement street bikes.
Yes, absolutely, EBR has got plenty of experience when it comes to Race bikes, but there is a huge difference between a partnership with Honda and one with EBR.

Firstly, EBR does not seem to be that kind of a company which goes worldwide and wants to serve the masses, it is more like a company which will make something breathtaking which runs like a monster on the track and is very costly to purchase for daily motoring needs.

Honda is completely different, their model works for the masses, they follow the fill it, shut it, forget it slogan.

I hope this partnership with EBR brings in lots of exciting motors in India post 2014.

Beside this I think Hero can keep updating their stickers and keep launching existing models with different postfixes till the engines remain in the BS norms!!

Last edited by snowmane : 20th February 2013 at 14:35.
Old 28th February 2013, 14:19   #27
BHPian

Hello,

Got the delivery of my Karizma (Ebony Grey) today.

The customer service was very good this time and the owner explained to me on what problems they are facing on the sales side because of an overall slowdown.

One interesting point he told me is that he is seeing heavy bookings of the Maestro and said that it is the best performing scooter in that segment as of now. So much for the rumors that they were shutting it down. I guess that we will come to only with time.
Old 9th March 2013, 19:18   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

Got the delivery of my Karizma (Ebony Grey) today.

The customer service was very good this time and the owner explained to me on what problems they are facing on the sales side because of an overall slowdown.

One interesting point he told me is that he is seeing heavy bookings of the Maestro and said that it is the best performing scooter in that segment as of now. So much for the rumors that they were shutting it down. I guess that we will come to only with time.
Mighty congratulations. Nice choice of color too.
BTW, hero is gaining market share in scooters as per last month's reports.
Old 9th March 2013, 20:46   #29
BHPian

Nice pic Sir! Meant your profile pic. No wonder an old friend was saying its a piece of cake on a ZMR.
Old 9th March 2013, 21:38   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Mighty congratulations. Nice choice of color too.
BTW, hero is gaining market share in scooters as per last month's reports.
Thanks a lot.

Yes, Hero is gaining market share, but at whose expense is what i would like to know, and it is definitely not Honda.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks