Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2014, 18:09   #31
BHPian

Re: Hero (Honda) CD Deluxe : Ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Man, that's a lot of pics for a 100cc commuter thread ! Hats off, you love your little bike as much as others love their big bikes.

As for the oil, my colleague has a HH and he was saying, the stock 10W30 oil used by dealers gives him pretty good consistent performance. There's a lot of pilferage and adulteration going on in India , so that might be the case.

For the black plastics - have you tries using car care stuff, the dashboard shine sprays should work the same here.
Yes I have tried waxpol liquid - the same that I use on my car dashboard. It holds through well on my car dashboard, but quickly fades away on the black plastic parts of the motor bike due to weathering. Maybe it has just faded in the sun.

I am unable to delete the multiple pics...many of the pics have been uploaded thrice over.
Old 7th October 2014, 20:34   #32
BHPian

Bid adieu to my beloved CD Deluxe today! Mods might close this thread if required.
Old 7th October 2014, 21:00   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciddharth View Post
Bid adieu to my beloved CD Deluxe today! Mods might close this thread if required.
Why did you sell it ?, it looked like you loved it as your first love, I suspect an upgrade here
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 21:06   #34
BHPian

Re: Hero (Honda) CD Deluxe : Ownership review - Update @ 15,000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciddharth View Post
Unfortunately I have a semi covered parking. The monsoons took its toll and I was unable to unlock my bike. The key wouldn't budge. It would be extremely difficult to turn the key lest I would break it. The mech had to remove the front headlight and after an hours effort did it finally work.
If you ever face problems with tight locks/nuts etc., I suggest spraying the hole/thread with WD40. Leave the lock/nut untouched for at least and hour or two to let it seep in and then try using it. If it's still tight, spray some more WD40 and wait for some more time. That usually does the trick.
vivtho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 00:11   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Why did you sell it ?, it looked like you loved it as your first love, I suspect an upgrade here
You have guessed it right! I am upgrading but in the same 100 cc segment though - I sold it as the ride quality was extremely stiff for my needs. Every bump would filter through the bike and my tail bone, shoulders and back had to bear the brunt . I wish there is something like a 'complete back replacement surgery!' - applying balm as I am writing this post. I had to go visit the doc and they told me not to ride a bike! Which I cannot do without.

Secondly, was quite bored with its extreme utilitarian looks and somehow did not see myself riding the CD forever while I am still in my 20s. (Which explains why I got a middle aged buyer and not someone younger)

It was trouble free, pristine and has a great upright riding position. I feel very emotional today to see it gone.

My height being a limitation I do not feel comfortable in very tall or heavy bikes and suffer from shoulder and wrist pain. I wish to retain the same aspects of the CD including its pocket friendly nature with a better ride quality, acceptable looks and not keen on any bump in power as 100cc is totally fine for my needs

As much I want a Twister I am afraid it is no longer in production as enquired at the local Honda showroom even though it is listed on the website. That's sad.

Hence have narrowed down to the Hero Passion Pro as that is the only bike that is comfortable for my frame. I am not impressed with the Shine, Dream Yuga or Neo as they resemble the CD Deluxe look wise. (Splendor Cafe racer is a joke!)

The disc brakes and digital FE and trip meter of the Passion Pro are also enticing and fit my budget of 65k - 70k.

Am toying for a Yamaha FZ -S and Honda Unicorn but again it is too uncomfortable for long distance commuting and both 1 whole size larger for me. Sometimes mind wanders off to snazzy looking bikes say for eg a KTM Duke but then I come back to reality for the sake of my back and posture.

Quite excited to book it tomorrow. Has a 2 - 3 week waiting period.

This time I know the nuances of biking much better than my first love. So will choose wisely and something to stick to for a good 4 - 5 years
ciddharth is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks