Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2015, 15:33   #76
BHPian

re: Next Gen Bajaj Pulsars - SS400 & CS400 (rechristened as Dominar)

Hello Friends,

Any updates on both of these bikes arrival, I am desperately waiting for the CS400, as my present ride is ageing. Thanks in advance.
Old 8th March 2016, 13:29   #77
Team-BHP Support

Bajaj Auto has hinted that its next launch will be a bigger motorcycle than anything it is currently offering. This could mean that the company is planning to introduce the production version of Pulsar CS400 concept, which was revealed at the 2014 Auto Expo.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 13:42   #78
Senior - BHPian

Finally some solid action on the CS400, after about 2 years since the concept broke cover. I only hope they retain the styling seen on the concept, that grabbed so much attention. The RS200 is a bit over styled IMHO, and would not appeal to the matured bikers. The CS400 however has lots of potential.

I hope they re-tune / de-tune the engine and make the transmission smoother, when compared with the Duke 390. That would go well with the sport cruiser tag, and also make it more friendly inside the city. Heard lot of complaints from the initial batch of Duke 390 owners about the city riding troubles.
Old 8th March 2016, 13:54   #79
BHPian

Seems Bajaj is keen on following Mahindra Mojo's footsteps to launch an eagerly awaited bike like the CS 400.

I am sure there are a lot of eyes anticipating this launch and it sure has a potential to stir the segment.
Old 8th March 2016, 16:05   #80
Senior - BHPian

The "CS" does look to have potential to appeal to the mature (consumers with deeper pockets) crowd and pose a potential threat / stirr Royal Enfield's current free run with its Bullet/Classic/Thunderbird.

Unlike the Royal Enfield's the "CS" would have

1. Modern cycle parts (the Royal Enfield's do not have even Tubeless Tyres for Pete's Sake..!!)

2. Modern Looks (opposite of the heritage look of the Royal Enfields)

3. Should easily be more Reliable than the Royal Enfields

4. Easily more Power/Performance & better Control/Handling than the Royal Enfields

A lot will depend on how it (the CS400 Pulsar) looks/appears on the street w.r.t the Royal Enfield's. For a common consumer (the one who makes or breaks a automobile product meant for masses) it has to be as (if not more) desirable/head turning than a Royal Enfield to be able to find favor over the Bullet/Classic/Thunderbird.

If the CS 400 can have a commanding presence on the street, then according to me, we should be in for interesting times.

Last edited by payeng : 8th March 2016 at 16:11.
Old 8th March 2016, 16:47   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
2. Modern Looks (opposite of the heritage look of the Royal Enfields)

If the CS 400 can have a commanding presence on the street, then according to me, we should be in for interesting times.
The Classic looks are one of the biggest selling points of the Royal Enfield. No doubt, helped by the movies, retro photos, posters and photos at all cafes. It is more like a lifestyle product.

It would be interesting to see if Bajaj can make the Pulsar CS400 to 'sound' interesting. As that is something very crucial for the cruiser breed. This is one of the key factors that made the Royal Enfield and the Harley Davidson as famous as they are now.

Though Bajaj made the Avenger look like a cruiser, it never felt / sounded like a cruiser. Because of its high revving engine from the sporty Pulsars...
Hope they do something here if they really intendto grab the sales of Royal Enfield
Old 8th March 2016, 17:09   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
It would be interesting to see if Bajaj can make the Pulsar CS400 to 'sound' interesting.

As that is something very crucial for the cruiser breed. This is one of the key factors that made the Royal Enfield and the Harley Davidson as famous as they are now.

The Best way to Stand apart is to do things DIFFERENTLY.

Just Because Royal Enfields and Harleys stand out because of their Thumping/Rumbling Exhaust Notes, does not mean that every other bike needs to ape them (in terms of exhaust note).

The CS 400 Pulsar looks like a Fast Power Cruiser, with aggression, attitude and Maturity. Something opposite to the Royal Enfields.. but still with the potential to attract the same crowd.

A high revving but torquey engine would go very well with its Modern Power Cruiser like looks... the interesting exhaust note from the "CS" would be the sound like a power cruiser.. not like a Relaxed/Lazy, Classic/Cruiser Motorycle.

Last edited by payeng : 8th March 2016 at 17:16.
Old 8th March 2016, 17:26   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
The "CS" does look to have potential to appeal to the mature crowd
Ok I do agree on this part.

Say someone who wants a modern machine, but does not want a KTM type sporty look. Something powerful yet not loud in design.

Something not an Enfield or the Mojo or the expensive Benelli, (although I do own an enfield and love it to the core).

Suzuki Inazuma was one such offering but the bland design and bad marketing strategy killed the product prematurely.

Knowing Bajaj I am sure the pricing would be mouth watering too.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 20:19   #84
BHPian

Bajaj Pulsar CS400 spied!
The CS400 will be powered by the same engine seen in the KTM Duke 390, possibly with slipper clutch. The RS400 will be launched soon after the CS400.

Next Gen Bajaj Pulsars -  SS400 & CS400 (rechristened as Dominar)-1.jpg

Next Gen Bajaj Pulsars -  SS400 & CS400 (rechristened as Dominar)-2.jpg

Next Gen Bajaj Pulsars -  SS400 & CS400 (rechristened as Dominar)-3.jpg

Next Gen Bajaj Pulsars -  SS400 & CS400 (rechristened as Dominar)-4.jpg

Next Gen Bajaj Pulsars -  SS400 & CS400 (rechristened as Dominar)-5.jpg

Quote:
TechNWheelz has photographed the Bajaj Pulsar CS400 on test, further bolstering reports that the sportsbike will have its market launch later in the calendar year. According to the latest report, the Pulsar CS400 will be the next Pulsar launch from the manufacturer. Showcased for the first time at the Auto Expo 2014, the Pulsar CS400 when launched will be the most powerful and the most expensive Pulsar to be sold. The motorcycle is expected to be powered by the KTM Duke 390’s engine. The motor in question, a single-cylinder, liquid-cooled, fuel-injected 373 cc unit develops 43.5 PS at 9,000 rpm and 35 Nm of torque at 7,000 rpm, and is paired to a 6-speed gearbox.

Similar to the KTM, the Bajaj Pulsar CS400 would be equipped with ABS, and a slipper clutch is a good possibility too. Other features seen on the sportsbike would include a full digital instrument cluster, LED taillights, alloy or aluminium footpegs, projector or optional LED headlight with an option of an always-on headlight feature.
Source:
Tech 'n Wheelz

http://indianautosblog.com/2016/04/b...0-spied-228069

Last edited by Aditya : 11th April 2016 at 15:24. Reason: Adding images, source
Tojo_GotBhp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 21:22   #85
BHPian

As per the reports new duke is coming next year with a new engine, possibly cornering ABS, it would have been great had bajaj waited a while and passed on the newer tech to this one as well, this one sure is a looker with Diavel like dual instrument panels, led lamps etc.
Old 11th April 2016, 21:51   #86
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfields don't even get Tubeless Tyres... but this one will most surely get ABS and Fuel Injection.

If it can stand out on the road with the "Bullets" then we might have the first true alternative to the Royal Enfields

Mahindra, this is what/how the MOJO should have been.

Old 12th April 2016, 00:10   #87
BHPian

Excellent. I have almost lost my cool waiting for this motorcycle to be launched. KTM dealerships in my city have been shutting down so I was nervous booking a D390. Nobody wants to give a test ride of the other 35 bhp motorcycles (yes I am looking at you Ninja 300 and R3). The Mojo at 28 bhp feels underpowered. The Benelli 300 feels overpriced and nothing else is on the horizon. I need a fast inter state cruiser to complement my Bullet and the CS400 looks just like my next motorcycle. Get it out quick, Bajaj.
Old 12th April 2016, 00:33   #88
BHPian

I have been waiting for the CS400 ever since i laid eyes on it in 2014! it seemed perfect for a born again biker like me, not too expensive and decent amount of power (never like the frantic nature of the KTM's) a good steeping stone towards a larger capacity bike. But as month after agonizing month passed by without any news i started contemplating restoring my original 2003 P180. Finally, a launch seems to be on the horizon!
However, looking at the conventional forks up front a part of me thinks (or hopes rather) that this is the CS200 considering they also launched the SS200 first. C'mon Bajaj, give us the full fat CS400 with inverted forks and led lamps and everything! Even if pricing is at par with the D390 i would still go for the CS400 just for those killer looks!
Frankazoid!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 03:23   #89
BHPian

CS400 will be a drool worthy machine for sure.
How ever the Pulsar brand is getting diluted these days and so is Bajaj built quality.
Even though they do excellent job with the KTM's, this is one of the reason I suggest my friends to refrain from Bajaj products in the used two wheeler market.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 10:23   #90
Team-BHP Support

From the above spy pics, it seems the bulbs are not halogen headlamps. Too bright and a bit bluish.

Could they have carried forward the LED headlamp design to the production version? That would be a major first time feature in the market across these entry level segments.

CS400 will have tough competition from the BMW 310.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks