Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which gear less scooter would you buy ?
Honda Activa 56 31.82%
Honda Dio (New) 20 11.36%
Hero Maestro 6 3.41%
TVS Wego 38 21.59%
Suzuki Access 125 56 31.82%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2014, 20:52   #151
BHPian

I think the new Activa 125 is worth a TD, it has telescopic suspension, its far better than the regular Activa. Plus FE is good with Honda. What i felt with Activa 125 is as though it is an Aviator with a 125 cc engine.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2014, 21:24   #152
BHPian

Re: Honda Activa vs Honda Dio vs TVS Wego vs Hero Maestro vs Suzuki Access 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
I am planning to buy a scooter for the daily office commute and the normal run abouts. I am totally new to this segment and have no clue.

The most important aspect for me would be the sitting position and the front suspension (which would have the least stress on my arm). I have had an accident and have some steel stuff on my left arm. Its been more than year after the surgery. I do, but rarely take out my Royal Enfield for a spin, these days. The Doc said that anything which would not strain the arms much should be fine, as its going to be short commutes.

Have heard that Activa offers a very stiff ride, Suzuki Access has telescopic suspension, which I guess would improve things and I love the way Honda Dio looks. So, this is all I know. You guys pls let me know which one would be the most comfortable one for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Pretty much the same question as above. I am 6'2" guy and may buy a scooter for City usage. Which will be a good fit for me? I would want something where I can keep the helmet under the seat too - this is the primary reason I do NOT want a bike.
You should consider a TVS Jupiter as the ride is definitely much better than the Activa. With regards to the helmet, my studds full face (15 Yrs old) helmet is a very tight fit. I am not sure about the others.

You could also see the following link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...oter-wife.html
ksmrsm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2014, 21:31   #153
D4D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post

Have heard that Activa offers a very stiff ride, Suzuki Access has telescopic suspension, which I guess would improve things and I love the way Honda Dio looks. So, this is all I know. You guys pls let me know which one would be the most comfortable one for me.
Think the TVS jupiter with it's big wheels and larger profile tires is your best bet. The honda scooters ride stiff, no doubt about it. But honda scooter provide that comfort you need for long intro-city commutes, which you are not going to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Pretty much the same question as above. I am 6'2" guy and may buy a scooter for City usage. Which will be a good fit for me? I would want something where I can keep the helmet under the seat too - this is the primary reason I do NOT want a bike.
With your height, I think it's best to buy TVS jupiter, as it has a lot of space. And I think it can fit a helmet under the seat. Alternately, try suzuki access.
Honda scooter are cramped for someone of my size. I'm only 6'.
D4D is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2014, 22:10   #154
Senior - BHPian

Related query : have narrowed down to the Suzuki Let's vs the TVS Zest vs the new Wego.

Wego : the big wheels, all metal body and proven engine are a big draw. At 59k OTR, it's the most expensive though.

Let's : Supposed to be peppy. And can kind of trust Suzuki on reliable engines. About 53k OTR? Though the 10" wheels go against it a bit.

Zest : Surprise one in the pack. Same mill as the Wego, and lighter. Fairly well built too. And again, 10"ers.

Any thoughts/experiences. How bad an idea is a used Wego?
Old 12th November 2014, 20:02   #155
Senior - BHPian

We're picking between a 2011 9000km old Wego, and a 2012 one thats done 10000km. Is there any major difference between the two years? What should be look out for in the vehicles when we TR them? Is 30-35k a decent price for these?

Both owners are claiming 40kmpl. Is that all the Wego manages despite the 63kmpl claims?
Old 12th November 2014, 20:25   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
We're picking between a 2011 9000km old Wego, and a 2012 one thats done 10000km. Is there any major difference between the two years? What should be look out for in the vehicles when we TR them? Is 30-35k a decent price for these?

Both owners are claiming 40kmpl. Is that all the Wego manages despite the 63kmpl claims?

If I am not wrong the 2012 wego had many improvements in the engine. So you're better off with the 2012 one. Also, the earlier wegos had battery draining ad oil consumption issues.
sai_ace is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 21:25   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post

40kmpl is the realistic mileage. Our new wego also gives the same in city
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 22:31   #158
BHPian

That means the Scooty Zest will give 45 kms/ltr for sure, it is a delightful light scooter, loved it on a TD. Suspension is good enough.
Old 13th November 2014, 08:02   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
If I am not wrong the 2012 wego had many improvements in the engine. So you're better off with the 2012 one. Also, the earlier wegos had battery draining ad oil consumption issues.
Thanks much! The dealerships said the engine's been pretty much the same from the start - the other bits have undergone a change. And the reviews of the 2010 Wegos seem good too.

Battery : replacing with a better one doesn't help? Fundamental electrical issues?

Oil : That's scary. How bad? Of course - wife's annual run on the Wego is likely to be <4000km - unless I take a fancy to it
Old 13th November 2014, 12:46   #160
Senior - BHPian

I was considering buying a Wego disc brake version, BUT, I was wondering ...

With the same 110cc engine in the Jupiter, Scooty Zest and Wego, are TVS contemplating putting the engine (maybe detuned version) of the Phoenix 125cc into the Wego as an update? Anyone heard anything to this end?

If this is the case, I might give the Wego a miss and head to the Suzuki showroom. I have avoided Honda like some of us avoid Skoda

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 13th November 2014 at 12:47. Reason: typo
KiloAlpha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 07:20   #161
BHPian

(Mods, Posting this on multiple threads sinve I recieved no response on the other thread. Thanks)

Hello Guys,
A similar dilemma for me too. In the lookout for a scooty for my wife. Shortlisted the following:-

1. TVS Wego. A nice package with some additional features like body balancing technology and 12'' Alloys. Not so satisfied with the room offered in terms of footboard and lack of cubicles to hold knick knacks.

2. Yamaha Fascino. 'Cute' and Stylish. Bowled over by the looks but poor mileage feedback and a hefty price tag has resulted in a no go.

3. Suzuki Access. A wholesome package with some very useful accessories such as a charging port just below the handlebars. Only issue being the seat height that poses a problem to short height-ed individuals. Suzuki ASS can also be a headache since it's restricted to certain urban parts only.Hence discarded.

4. Hero Maestro Edge. A late inclusion in the shortlist but surprisingly efficient. Everything from utility to driving comfort is a notch above the rest. Specially like the multi purpose key that unlocks both the fuel cap (placed at the rear end of the seat) and the under seat storage. Hero ASS can be reliable. Price (OTR) is 62,648.

As of now we seem to be tilting towards the Maestro Edge.
Since there are a couple of weeks still left for us to take a final call, I request members to suggest / recommend / endorse the choices that I just mentioned.

Thank you
Old 14th July 2016, 08:06   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter3077 View Post
I request members to suggest / recommend / endorse the choices that I just mentioned.
Have you test driven all the choices, since there is no mention of the ride quality, handling etc details available. You seem to have dwelled more on the features part.

Hero Maestro is nothing but a rehashed Honda Activa. Build wise, handling wise will be slightly heavy than the rest. Does this come with Front disc brakes? I would suggest to choose a scooter which comes with front disc brakes and telescopic suspension.
Old 14th July 2016, 08:20   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Have you test driven all the choices, since there is no mention of the ride quality, handling etc details available. You seem to have dwelled more on the features part.
Does this come with Front disc brakes? I would suggest to choose a scooter which comes with front disc brakes and telescopic suspension.
I haven't test driven the said scooters as I am presently posted in a remote corner of the North East. Have made sure that my wife has driven each of the bikes under consideration.

She liked the Suzuki Access 125 but the height restraints compelled her to discard it. Ride and handling of Wego too are commendable which includes a body balancing technology. Braking in Wego also is a notch above the rest. But overall satisfaction levels with respect to space offered hasn't been good for her.

Maestro comes with telescopic suspension and integrated braking system albeit with drum brakes. She was supremely satisfied with the ride and handling of Maestro and has even preferred it over the Duet which officially is Hero's ' Girl Scooty'. Yamaha Fascino although ticks all the right boxes in terms of looks, utilities, ride and handling has a poor reputation of mileage.
Old 14th July 2016, 10:14   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter3077 View Post
1. TVS Wego. A nice package with some additional features like body balancing technology and 12'' Alloys. Not so satisfied with the room offered in terms of footboard and lack of cubicles to hold knick knacks.

Thank you
My advice would be to check out the newer version of Wego - The Jupiter.

I am using it since 1 year without any problems whatsoever and the mileage is overwhelming. My wife uses it primarily for school pick up and drops and some domestic errands and the scooter is fantastic for that. Also I have taken it couple of times on the highway and it really impressed me with the handling.

Please go and check the Jupiter and also see the list of features it offers over the competition, its total value for money.
Old 14th July 2016, 10:21   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
My advice would be to check out the newer version of Wego - The Jupiter.
Please go and check the Jupiter and also see the list of features it offers over the competition, its total value for money.
Thank you. I was contemplating the same. Reviews seem to suggest that it is a complete package. How has your ownership experience been for the past one year? Niggles, service etc. I may be prejudiced but TVS doesn't sound very assuring to me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks