Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2016, 19:32   #16

Re: Baby Fireblade comes home - My Honda CBR250R

@0xTKB

Thanks for your awesome review of the CBR 250R.. your review gave me a fresh perspective.

I know it is 2016 now and there are many options, but I'm considering getting this Babyblade simply because of the massive community who have written so much down on the internet. They have tried and tested this bike in various conditions and they have also elaborated solutions to problems. I also feel that there is better service in terms of skilled manpower for the CBR 250R now and of course, spare parts are also affordable.

Maybe you'd be interested to know that this is my first gear bike and I have ridden by trusty Honda Dio for 5 years now! I have experience with classic 2 stroke motorcycles like the Shogun, Samurai and the Shaolin and some 4 strokers - all of them friends.

I am really impressed with the engine refinement from Honda and reading reviews of the comfort, this is also one of the main reasons why I would like to upgrade to the CBR instead of a 150cc bike.

@0xTKB Do you still ride the Ceeber? What are your impressions now?
Guys, do you think I should get the CBR 250R now? Do you have other recommendations for touring around the same price range? (No REs plej )
Old 8th January 2016, 21:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xodus99 View Post
Guys, do you think I should get the CBR 250R now? Do you have other recommendations for touring around the same price range? (No REs plej )
What about the Mahindra Mojo? Its a Sports Tourer (Naked) much like the CBR(Faired). Although its a new player into the market, the initial impressions are pretty good for the Mojo, hence you can consider it also. You can test ride both and take a call.
Old 14th January 2016, 18:02   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xodus99 View Post
@0xTKB

@0xTKB Do you still ride the Ceeber? What are your impressions now?
Thanks for the kind words and sorry for the late reply as I was out of town.

Yup, I still ride the CBR as my sole commuter/adventure bike/tourer bike. In fact, 95% of my travelling is on the bike except when its raining (at that point I travel in my car).

I just returned from a 450 kms round-trip from Mandi-Chandigarh-Mandi and it performed flawlessly. One of the best touring machines built under ₹2.5 lakhs, it will never disappoint you. It gave me almost 40 kmpl with on this trip, and that too with hard riding on the twisties (never in 5th or 6th gear in the hills) and, around 80-90 kmph in 6th gear @ 5500 RPM when on straights in the Kiratpur four lane(I never go beyond 100 kmph, mental block). There is so much torque even in the 6th gear that I've often mistaken it as the 5th and tried to upshift.

It is a very low maintenance bike and is serviced only twice a year as it has a 6 months/6000 kms service schedule. The oil filter is replaced after every alternate service. The price of the service is around ₹1500 (no oil filter replacement) to ₹2000 (both oil & air filter replacement). . Let me break it down for you :-
  • Engine oil (Honda Throttle 10W30 FS - ₹1000 (1.4 Litres)
  • Paid service - ₹400
  • Front disc pad - ₹850 (changed after 20,000 kms)
  • Rear disc pad - ₹750 (changed after 17,000 kms)
  • Chain lubrication - ₹50 (done after every 500 kms or once a month).
  • DOT 4 oil - ₹200 (done after every 3 years).
  • Chain set - ₹1500 (Replaced after 16000 kms).
  • RSA (Road side assistance) - ₹300 per year

There are only two issues with the bike :-
  • The fuel tank capacity is low, 13 litres. Should've been around 17 litres.
  • I should've bought the ABS model.
0xTKB is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed